Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 7:07 AM
Hey, I like your avatar chris!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 7:18 AM
Right, just emailed you the pictures.
Oh, and do u remember that I am away from April 25th to April 30th?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:46 PM Last edited by chrisnjosh : 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:50 PM. Reason: update
Yes, and shadowpunk44 is in charge of meshing etc, so I think that he runs that area. however, you two could work together. I have to admit, I am not too knowledgeable about creating NPC's so I wouldn't be of much help. But if you are interested, lets be 'avin ya!
Quote:
I like your avatar
Hey, sinse your such a contributer (tnx 4 the pics!) I can make you a personalized one based on RTR if you like, although I wont be offended If you say no!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:59 PM
[UPDATE]
Due to lack of interest in the object/coding section (which suprised me!) and all the success in other areas, I shall take on the task of objects. I recently learnt how to make a custom guitar (harder than a normal guitar!) and so I can do stuff like that! This does not mean all positions have been filled in the object area though.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:02 PM
cool idea! but wouldnt it conflict with maxis eps?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:08 PM
How do you mean?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:45 PM
This is a real good idea, I can't wait till it's finished! (I would help but I am pretty useless at everything)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 7:07 PM
Yep, it seems pretty popular, we hope! (does that make sense?) As I mentioned in a clever peice of marketing many times, the website should go live on sunday. Preview it at www.sims2rockintheroad.tk. Don't expect much.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 7:16 PM
Can't wait for the site. I PM'd Shadowpunk44 or whatever his name is and showed him a top I made, he didn't reply.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 9:27 PM
I have no idea what shadowpunk is up 2 @ the mo, I havent spoken 2 him. I'm about to checki it out on msn
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 2:37 AM
Thank You So Much Chris, I have already made an agent, The Stage Crew, Paparazzi and a butler for the game, I'm going to see if I can make some Pre-Made superstars.

titi!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 10:45 AM
Fab! Make sure to work with the other teams: I shal have a contact list if thats ok with evry1 on the website, so If you need any hjelp with anything contact the team manager, and then the managers can contact their teams easily. Or I'll PM one to evry1.
Thanks Titi for your help and RCt2 for the pics, Im putting them in now!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 10:46 AM
Did you get through to Shadow?
Field Researcher
#39 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 11:45 AM
Shadow seems to be missing right now......
maybe we should give it another day, and if he doesn't reply then, hand the manager job to titi?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 8:20 PM
He's been on msn alot, so I can't just demote him, he's working really hard. And could anybody who know web editing please check the site. I an't figure out why its gone dodgy. I have put a pic up of how its sposed to look, and does in my editor, but once its in iexplore it goes dodgy.
Test Subject
#41 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 4:25 AM Last edited by littlesimgirl : 24th Apr 2005 at 4:47 AM.
did you put them in table tab? i am looking at your source code, and i'll let you know when i figure out how to fix it.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:21 AM
how do you guys think your going to get away with the ep your making, maxis might sue, im not saying its a bad ideal, but there is a chance they might,cause they are the ones that came up with all the sims stuff so it like breaking a copy right law- i would think more into before you get into trouble- good luck on it anyways
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:38 AM
Ok i have fixed your site. I'm gonna send it to your email
Field Researcher
#44 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jessiejane2103
how do you guys think your going to get away with the ep your making, maxis might sue, im not saying its a bad ideal, but there is a chance they might,cause they are the ones that came up with all the sims stuff so it like breaking a copy right law- i would think more into before you get into trouble- good luck on it anyways

For what I know, Maxis can't sue us because they don't know who we are.
Also, if you add a disclaimer to the bottom of the site, there would be no reason Maxis could sue us.
Anyhoo, they probably don't know www.sims2rockintheroad.tk exists.

So there.
Rct2mad

I ain't dumb, the worlds just too clever :P
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 7:44 AM
If they sue, wouldn't that just show how unsupportive they are of the community? I mean, RCT2 has had it's fair share of user-created EP's and the folks over at Frontier have not only praised and supported us, but have looked to the community for ideas for the next official EP. As long as you're not selling the EP or making people pay to access it, you should be fine...

Hell, they GAVE us the tools to mod, that's a helluva lot more than RCT ever got...(we're still trying to decode the OVL file extention...) <_<
Field Researcher
#46 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 7:50 AM
I TOTALLY agree with you Death Trend Setta. For example, for RCT2 (RollerCoaster Tycoon 2) there was that Time Traveller custom EP (not the offical Time Twister one!)
Anyhoo, how r u Chris?
I have to pack today.......
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 11:25 AM
I am fine, thanks for asking. Everyone who has helped with the site, thanks so much!
As for ,legality, i quote Maxis (not exactly, but you get the point) this was the jist of what one maxis employee posted on thesims2.com:
We want the Sims 2 to have more user made items than the sims 1 by the time the expansion is released!
This is not in his words, but we are not going against trademark. We are ot using a maxis named expansion, unlike superstar 2, and they are all self-made items. If they don't want us distributing custom items, what the hell is body shop and homecrafter for? They have their own exchange for this sort of thing! If we are liable, so is every modder who has ever posted a custom download for the sims 2.
Thank you, I have finished my little tantrum!
Again, Ill fix the site now.
Have a good time rct2/Ben!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 11:32 AM
My rampage continues...
Why the hell would they sue a 16 year old modder? Come on, EA are THE name in game software. And how many were sued? None.
Take sierra for example. A modder named zoner went forth with half life and wrote his ow compilation tools, only to be later hired by Sierra themselves!
see what one ignorat person has done? Iv gone craaazzzyy! But I gather they were only looking out for us, so thanks ( it think)
And if you ever get to say i told you so.... AIRGGGHHH!!!!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 11:37 AM
Hey, I got a PM from shadowpunk he likes my outfits and my desigining, I'ts sunday so when will the site be up.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 11:43 AM
I am trying to work out some of the coding on the site. I hope I can fix some of it..
Locked thread
Page 2 of 21