Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Base Game Bunk Beds

by Michelle Posted 2nd May 2016 at 10:43 AM - Updated 29th Aug 2021 at 5:12 AM by Michelle

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:13 AM
These are great, Michelle! Thank you. :)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd May 2016 at 12:11 PM
Do we need to use the moveobjects cheat to place them?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd May 2016 at 1:08 PM
Awesome stuff! :O
My sims never can have enough bunk beds ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd May 2016 at 4:13 PM
Love these, thank you :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2016 at 5:45 PM
Do you know if these are compatible with TJs smart beds hack? I have some bunkbeds in my game (from the grand Trianon collection) and all my sims try to sleep there, regardless of whether I've set beds for them or not.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd May 2016 at 10:57 PM
Michelle you keep surprising me. These will be so useful for downloaded houses that have smaller rooms and I absolutely don't want to remodel all the time. More space for the kids. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:00 PM
Oh excellent! Now I don't have to make these! :D
(I did the storybook one for GoS Blind Date).
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:51 PM
Wow! These are brilliant! I see you got them done in your usual timely fashion, and I can't wait to use them. :lovestruc
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:55 PM
I build a lot of small houses, so these will get a lot of use. Thanks so much, Michelle.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd May 2016 at 12:29 AM
@dharden - No, moveObject on is not need to place the upper bunk or bed underneath.

@Bigsimsfan12 - Sorry hun, I can't help you with that, I don't use mods or hacks and know nothing about TJs smart beds hack. Maybe someone else will know the answer and be kind enough to share it here. If I do find out I will add it to the upload description.

@celebkiriedhel - Damn, if I had of know you were doing them we could have worked together. LOL! Link to your storybook bunks, please, I'd like to add it to my upload description. Just so you know I've finished the TSS (except the Gothic one) & GL beds, presently working on the MALM).

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd May 2016 at 6:43 AM
They are so what I wanted, Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd May 2016 at 8:02 AM
I'm playing a town with small lots, so this is very, very useful. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd May 2016 at 10:42 AM
Michelle, thank you for this great dowload! Would it be possible to create a double bed as bunk bed (only upper bed)? I would like to have in my sims' houses something like this picture http://images.unadonna.it/lozko-na-antresoli.jpg
Thanks ^-^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd May 2016 at 2:21 PM
Did I read that correctly? "1st in a series"? Good work, I can't wait to see the rest!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:25 PM
Very useful! Thanks.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd May 2016 at 11:09 PM
Thank you for this wonderful set
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th May 2016 at 2:21 AM
@elly87 - Making a functioning upper bunk bed would involve working with animations and I don't have anywhere near the experience or knowledge to do that, I'm sorry hun. I could make a non functioning upper double bed, it would be decorative only.

@clm2389 - Yes, you read correctly hun, as I mentioned in post #11, I've finished the TSS (except the Gothic one) & GL beds, presently working on the MALM, between other requests, just need to find some time to take screenshots before I can upload any more.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th May 2016 at 2:36 PM
Had to unlurk just to say how great I think this is. Just the other day, I was wishing I could make bunk beds of the cheaper Maxis beds ('cause those are the beds I stick my Simlets in and, well, some of my families have a lot of Simlets )... and here you are. Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th May 2016 at 7:02 PM
Just what I really needed, bunkbeds for my smaller houses that have higher energy and comfort gains. The lowest beds I ever use are at least 6 energy or the sims spend all their time sleeping. Thanks again. (Of course all these great downloads is breaking my game. Time to remove more clothes or something to make room for more furniture. Darned Mac limitations. Gah!)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th May 2016 at 7:33 AM
@Michelle, thank you for your reply. I would have liked to have a functioning one for very tiny houses I would like to built, but I will use your single beds instead I can't wait to see part 2 of this set!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 6th May 2016 at 3:04 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 6th May 2016 at 3:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Do you know if these are compatible with TJs smart beds hack? I have some bunkbeds in my game (from the grand Trianon collection) and all my sims try to sleep there, regardless of whether I've set beds for them or not.

@Bigsimsfan12 and anyone else wanting to know about Smart Beds compatibility, I just tested one of the other ones in Michelle's series (over here, where you can see my post with the test details---it shows as post #2). In my test, Smart Beds DID recognize the top and bottom bunks as distinct. Sims sent to bed went to the right bunks. Pretty thrilling. May these work as well for you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th May 2016 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I have some bunkbeds in my game (from the grand Trianon collection) and all my sims try to sleep there, regardless of whether I've set beds for them or not.

I never used other bunkbeds but this is exactly what happens with these three in my game, so I won't keep them, even if I think they could be useful in small houses... Just to let other people know, in case someone else want to know :-)
Forum Resident
#24 Old 6th May 2016 at 8:15 PM
@xmathyx I would encourage you to try again, really. The details of my successful test are linked in my post above yours, but as I found, if you do not specifically assign these new top bunks to one specific sim each, then indeed, all in the house will try and use the new bunks. Once you properly assign them, as I described, I will bet they will work for you with Smart Beds just fine.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 6th May 2016 at 9:33 PM
Thank is for the info @natboopsie, I'll test them out in my game when I have the chance!
@xmathyx if you still want bunkbeds but still can't get these to work as Natboopsie suggested, I use these and they're compatible with smart beds: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530815

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 1 of 3