Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More cakes! [update 25/MAY/2020]

by sweetdevil Posted 27th Apr 2016 at 8:09 AM - Updated 25th May 2020 at 2:55 PM by sweetdevil : moar cakes!

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:41 AM
This is a great idea, thank you ^^.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 6:43 PM
now my sims can get more of a sugar rush lmao. they do look delicious, in rl I can't have them I am diabete:(
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 6:58 PM
I loved it! I would like to see more food for TS3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 7:36 PM
Awesome! thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 8:30 PM
All of these look delicious. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 5:08 AM
me to my sims loves food all sims do:PP
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 3:52 PM
Thank you so much, i love the DR because the slices have the same color as the cake!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manna2710
Thank you so much, i love the DR because the slices have the same color as the cake!

Thank you too I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to recolor the slices for the NDR versions too, but sadly never figured it out.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 6:38 PM
Manna2710. can you make a dance mod from sims4 for sims3? if now do you know whom does?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 2:17 AM
i am ss i meant sweetdevil. can you make a dance mod from sims4 for sims3? if not do you know whom does?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 2:41 AM
Thank you so so much! :*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 9:01 PM
Thank you, sweetdevil, for making and sharing these cakes. They are a beautiful addition to The Sims 3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd May 2016 at 12:39 AM
Very appetizing, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd May 2016 at 7:59 PM
I LOVE cake!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd May 2016 at 7:59 PM
My sims would spent their WHOLE life eating it if they could! These cakes are truly amazing. You have true talent.
Inventor
#17 Old 10th May 2016 at 2:16 PM
I love you with a frightening passion. I would kiss you if I could find you (so it's probably good that I can't).

Have you seen this thread regarding cooking custom birthday cakes with the correct cake slices? I've been trying to do it myself, though I have no art skill, but I ran out of time. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...363#post4941363

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Inventor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th May 2016 at 2:17 PM
Also, would you ever consider doing the square cake that came with the bakery? Or wedding cakes? Auuuugh!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th May 2016 at 1:08 AM
thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th May 2016 at 10:57 PM
thank you these cakes are so appreciated i wish we can download all .
Alchemist
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th May 2016 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
I love you with a frightening passion. I would kiss you if I could find you (so it's probably good that I can't).

Have you seen this thread regarding cooking custom birthday cakes with the correct cake slices? I've been trying to do it myself, though I have no art skill, but I ran out of time. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...363#post4941363

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I don't get notified about comments on submissions. And thank you! <3
To tell you the truth, I did think at one point to make the cakes cookable as recipes, but got lost in all the resources. I wanted the cake prep process to be similar to the Angel Food Cake, but ran out of time and passion for it ^^" I'm definitely not against revisiting these, though!

Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
Also, would you ever consider doing the square cake that came with the bakery? Or wedding cakes? Auuuugh!

Sure! I was just thinking about the square one a few days ago Just gotta look up some neat square cake designs, and the textures on the square one look like they'll be easier to manage than this. Got any particular cakes in mind?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:47 AM
I would love to have a lemon meringue pie! (And in real life as well.) A square cake? The only one I can think of is well....Black Forest. I love your creative skills. Question? Can we download all of the dr cakes, but only use say one for a child's birthday and then two days later a different dr cake for a different child? Is that what you meant? Or we can only pick one of your dr cakes and that's it?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st May 2016 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by augold44
I would love to have a lemon meringue pie! (And in real life as well.) A square cake? The only one I can think of is well....Black Forest. I love your creative skills. Question? Can we download all of the dr cakes, but only use say one for a child's birthday and then two days later a different dr cake for a different child? Is that what you meant? Or we can only pick one of your dr cakes and that's it?

Ohh, lemon sounds great! The textures on the square cake look MUCH better for fruit cakes, too.

You can absolutely use any DR version that you want and switch them out as often as you want, just make sure that you have only ONE DR version in your Packages folder AT ONE TIME. So you can totally have the Classically Stripy Cake during one play session, and then replace it with the Traditional Fruit Cake for your next play session.
You may have to delete your cache files to make sure it shows up correctly, but in my experience I didn't need to; they showed up fine.

But I don't think it's worth the hassle to keep switching them out; personally, I just use one of the cakes as a DR and the others as NDR.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 9:38 AM
~~)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 7:34 PM
Personally, I like the Birthday Inferno cake, and I never thought it looked like cardboard at all. I think it looks delicious. But a bit of variety is good too.
Page 1 of 2