Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 12:46 PM
I'll add it to the list to be tested then. It's fairly random as to what pet it nails, but it does seem to affect all pets at some point or another. I figured it was just an annoying glitch, but I'll definitely have to test it out when I get a chance. Thanks guys!
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
You should get strays too - I have empty templates. I think it just takes a bit for them to spawn, unless of course you still have nostrayrespawn in. Maybe try calling the adoption pool and see if any spawn then. You can also peek in SimPE to see if any spawned and you just haven't seen them yet.

I launched SimPE and notice that 15 strays were generated. I hope to them soon in the hood unless I need a mod for that. *scratches head*
Field Researcher
#53 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 4:17 PM
I don't know if it's just my game, but I tend to see strays more on lots that already have pets. You shouldn't need a mod, it's normal game behavior. They'll start popping up all over the place.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 4:23 PM
Take a pet to a community lot, strays will turn up. Every time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#55 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 5:20 PM
I guess I'm impatient but I did: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...560#post4991560
Only one showed up but my breeder came there with her four dogs.
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa

Doesn't time freeze?
Field Researcher
#57 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 7:46 PM
Not with a community time mod.
Theorist
#58 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 8:16 PM
Indeed. I wouldn't play without CTP.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 8:19 PM
This is driving me crazy: I granted free entry to some sims on a player-owned community lot (business), and there's just no way to revoke that privilege. They keep coming back and by-passing the electro-ticket machine to just let themselves in. I'm tired of chasing them around to ask them to leave.
It was not a lifetime offer!

Does anyone know where that information is stored in SimPE so I could delete it, or how it could be done in game? I've tried replacing the ticket-machine but it doesn't make a difference.

I'd rather not have to sell the business and buy it back, it's part of a challenge
Theorist
#60 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 8:49 PM
I love that I know which files came from MTS and their creator as the zip file tells me. There are some creators who'll put their name in, so then that just means ya need to so searchin for them, which for old files doesn't always end well. Then there are those who don't put their name in the zip or in the name of the creation, for which sometimes they name it somethin very simple or very weird. Oh yeah, then there are the files that are in a foreign language (which I'm not knockin, just my inability to understand the words and know what the creation is :p)

Sooo, is there a way to find out who made a creation when it doesn't tell you and you have no memory recollection of who or where you got it from be it from a download you did yesterday to one you did 10 years ago? Or am I just up a creek without a paddle, or is it with just 1 paddle .. lol, on this issue? I do have some stuff in folders of the names of where I got the item, which unfortunately time has passed and so has the site, so I can't look them up that way.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#61 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 9:17 PM
From 10 years ago? probably not. You could take a look in Clean Installer or simpe. If it was yesterday, drag a picture into the Rar.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#62 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
From 10 years ago? probably not. You could take a look in Clean Installer or simpe. If it was yesterday, drag a picture into the Rar.

Well, technically my oldest downloads are 9 years old and not 10(done in 2007), but yeah I figured I was outta luck there.

I don't understand what you mean 'bout draggin a pic into rar?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#63 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 10:11 PM
Lets say you want to download Cat's new male shirt. http://www.modthesims.info/d/573989 because it's an MTS creation there is no photo in the file. Once you have the file download put your mouse over the picture, hold down the left mouse button and drag the picture until it is over the rar file. Let it go and the picture will be inside the Rar. If you have a picture of the download you always know what it is. Now keeping pictures in your Download folder does slow loading, but I do that with everything. Or you could make a duplicate folder outside of your game just for holding the rar's and pictures.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#64 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 10:18 PM
Ahh, yeah gotcha, however I was askin for places where you don't know where you got it from, even if you'd did it yesterday. When you go browsin the web and dl'in stuff you don't always recall where you got somethin from and if the zip or item itself doesn't say ... :/

I do try and remember to get a pic of the item, but I do sometimes forget and so I end up with a zip file with a name such as wooden flooring and the file names themselves are called floor 1, floor 2, floor 3.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 7:02 AM
I swear there was a cheat where you could hide the neighborhood plumbobs/apartments/business dollars/etc above lots, so you could take nice photos?

Can't find anything on Google. But I swear it exists!

Anyone know what I'm talking about? And if you do, can you please tell me how does one achieve this? Because I neeeeeeed. *grabby hands*

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Theorist
#66 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
I swear there was a cheat where you could hide the neighborhood plumbobs/apartments/business dollars/etc above lots, so you could take nice photos?

Can't find anything on Google. But I swear it exists!

Anyone know what I'm talking about? And if you do, can you please tell me how does one achieve this? Because I neeeeeeed. *grabby hands*

I know exactly what you mean as I have it

I think I got it from one of the threads from here, I just don't know where.

Edit: This thread

Note: It's about half way down. There are 2 of them, one is for all plumbobs and one is for sims only.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 7:55 AM
Thank you, Cali. You're a lifesaver.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Theorist
#68 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 7:56 AM
Yeah, I can be a bit fruity at times :p
Mad Poster
#69 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 8:34 PM
I'm working on Bigg City, in a BG+Uni+NL configuration, and I want two of the ghosts to die permaplat. The batbox won't toggle it on; I don't know why. Just setting them to the tops of the correct careers in SimPE doesn't register as filling a lifetime want. I can't legitimately fill the lifetime want, even with cheats, without adding too many people to the neighborhood for them to be friends with. So I'm looking in SimPE, and I don't see any obvious place to turn it on.

Would it work to add the memory of filling the LTW?
And if it does, would the state be wiped along with the memories if someone resurrects them?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#70 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 10:20 PM
Peni, could you perhaps temporarily add one of those mods that disables the need for friends for job promotions?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#71 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Would it work to add the memory of filling the LTW?

I don't think that would fulfill the lifetime want. But I have never tried this out, so I can't really say, "No, it doesn't work."
The game doesn't seem to just add the memory; the game seems to do more things during that process. (Adding the specific LTW into the sim' Wants and Fears history record, adding a permaplat token, probably some more things of which I have no idea)

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
And if it does, would the state be wiped along with the memories if someone resurrects them?

The memories should stay intact... I'm not sure about zombie resurrection, though. You may have missing memories if you resurrect the sims as zombies, as they forget a lot of things when they're zombies. But normal resurrections shouldn't delete any memories.

Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Peni, could you perhaps temporarily add one of those mods that disables the need for friends for job promotions?

That would be much more safe. Using SimPE can be risky sometimes. That mod can be found here. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Scroll down the page and you'll find it.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#72 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 10:31 PM
The batbox doesn't work for me either. Weird. TwoJeffs' SimBlender will max the aspiration and Cyjon's Lot Debugger (pizza box) will satisfy a LTW, so there's two easy ways to put a sim in maxed platinum, but apparently neither mod will give the actual memory of satisfying a LTW.

This discussion at Simbology.com only confirms that neither the batbox nor the pizza box adds the LTW memory.

I messed with Jennicor Tricou a bit. She has plenty of memories, but Maxis never bothered to give her one of WHY she went platinum. I resurrected her in Testing Town - she did keep all her original memories. My game is heavily modded though, which might have affected that - you might want to test this yourself and see if that's the case in your own game.

I am totally clueless about SimPE, so I can't help you there.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 10:43 PM
I don't see a lot debugger from Cyjon. The batbox is the only lotdebugger I know about; and it should toggle the state on and off, but it didn't.

I don't want to do a lot of futzing around in memory, but I don't mind providing a few. I'm most concerned about getting the state and satisfying the LTW - and I'd really rather not poke around in the SWAFs, where even Mootilda couldn't tread with confidence. The mod's a good idea; I'll stick that in.

Mad Poster
#74 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 12:25 AM
The Batbox didn't work for me either - dunno why. Cyjon's debugger is very useful. Definitely consider trying it out.

http://www.cyjon.net/node/148
Mad Poster
#75 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 12:46 AM
Well, I'll download it and see if I need it.

So, does anybody know a fix for urns in apartments disappearing from the apartment where they belong and appearing in the other apartments? If I have to keep respawning Vidcund's, the poor Harts will be constantly reliving her death!

Page 3 of 1335