Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Desserts Are Baking Recipes

by r3m Posted 30th Dec 2015 at 1:33 AM - Updated 3rd Sep 2019 at 3:40 PM by r3m

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 4:51 AM
This is great! I was surprised when I found out they didn't change the old recipes. Thank you.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 4:53 AM
Thank you for this, It bugged me that even though they added baking the baked goods from base and other packs didn't count toward it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 3:46 PM
I've been waiting for a mod like this. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 6:35 PM
This makes a lot more sense.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 6:40 PM
This has slightly bothered me for the longest time. Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 8:28 PM
omg ty i didn't understand why anything cooked in the oven wasn't consider baking and if i was following the cook path why i do i have to make drinks was so ass backwards tytyty.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 8:32 PM
I've wanted this for ages, thanks! Do you know if this would interfere with the recent cooking overhaul by plasticbox?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 10:52 PM
Fantastic! Any chance you could update it to include plasticbox's changes where the Strawberry Cake requires strawberries?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 10:59 PM
I was wondering if they interferes with Plastiboxes logical cooking, I like both of these mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 12:44 AM
Oh my goodness, this was driving me BONKERS for months! Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 2:22 AM
One of those things I didn't know I needed, but this is wonderful. Thanks! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 2:30 AM
Thanks. This has been annoying me since baking came out.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:30 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 31st Dec 2015 at 4:40 AM.
Say would it be possible that you split up your upload into individual packages per recipe? See the conversation between graycurse and me in this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=569528 -- there are more custom recipes upcoming, and having them in individual packages (ideally with a consistent naming scheme) is the only way I can think of for users to be able to combine different recipes from different creators. I've already split up mine so that people can pick and choose what they want (it was originally one large package as well, since I wasn't aware that graycurse was still around at all).

Also, if you want to include stuff that I edited (like ingredients) in your versions of recipes, please don't hesitate to do that =). I don't have whichever EP the baking stuff came with, so I can't possibly make baking recipes myself.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zaleth
I was wondering if they interferes with Plastiboxes logical cooking, I like both of these mods.

@zaleth -- right now it does, like it says in the OP (look in the spoilers). But if you downloaded mine early on, you can redownload it and then remove all the recipes that are contained in this upload (see post above -- they are split up now, one package per recipe, so all you need to do is go through and delete the ones that have e.g. "cake" in the package name).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Fantastic! Any chance you could update it to include plasticbox's changes where the Strawberry Cake requires strawberries?

Yes! I'm working on an update to include some of those changes. New Year's coming up, so I'll probably have it ready after that.

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Say would it be possible that you split up your upload into individual packages per recipe? See the conversation between graycurse and me in this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=569528 -- there are more custom recipes upcoming, and having them in individual packages (ideally with a consistent naming scheme) is the only way I can think of for users to be able to combine different recipes from different creators. I've already split up mine so that people can pick and choose what they want (it was originally one large package as well, since I wasn't aware that graycurse was still around at all).

Also, if you want to include stuff that I edited (like ingredients) in your versions of recipes, please don't hesitate to do that =). I don't have whichever EP the baking stuff came with, so I can't possibly make baking recipes myself.

That's a great idea! I will split them to ease things up for users. I really like your mod too, so I'll implement some of your edits.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 3:01 PM
Thanks for making this mod! It as bugging me that the older cake recipes were not a part of the baking skill. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Sweetgirl612 : 1st Jan 2016 at 12:16 AM.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This has been driving me crazy. Any chance you could create an alternate version where all cupcakes/cupcake factory recipes can be baked in the oven? Using the giant cupcake machine in a home has always seemed silly to me, and I'd love to be able to just have all of the baking recipes show up under "bake" on the oven.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 6:41 PM
Thank you! I can confirm that using just the base mod and the Spa Day extra works fine. I don't have Up All Night or Spooky Stuff so I can't check those.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:39 PM
This is lovely, and makes SO much more sense. Every time I go to make a cake, my first instinct is to click on "Bake" - and now I'll be correct!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:53 PM
Thank you so much! This was really annoying me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 3:22 PM
yea soo i rather have this one then the other
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 8:59 PM
I really admire the logic and reason behind your changes.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:23 AM
can u add the cupcakes to the oven with this mod? that will be wonderful to add to ur mod.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 3:27 PM
my bad i didnt had to click script mods for that custom cupcake mod it works nicely with ur mod.
Page 1 of 3