Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2019 UPDATE: Servo - Complete Conversion

by Qahne Posted 25th Dec 2015 at 4:05 AM - Updated 25th Nov 2019 at 2:51 AM by Qahne

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 5:11 AM
Wow, amazing the amount of work you put into this, and interesting to learn about your process too (at least for someone like me who's clueless about those things). Can't wait to see the result live in-game -- thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 8:00 AM
YOU are on a totally different level of insanity ! Which is awesome !
I miss my old Servos too. Thanks for sharing this, now we too can pick it apart to study :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 10:38 AM
BIG sims 2 fan here! I loved the servos in sims 2 and the other creatures as well. Thanks this is amazing.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:09 PM
Where are the heads?
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RandallinTX
Where are the heads?

The heads and bodies are a single item, found under "Skin Details" in CAS. The formal outfits (dress and tuxedo) don't have heads, and are designed to be used with the unclothed heads and bodies in skin details. Choose the unclothed body first, then apply your formal outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
The heads and bodies are a single item, found under "Skin Details" in CAS. The formal outfits (dress and tuxedo) don't have heads, and are designed to be used with the unclothed heads and bodies in skin details. Choose the unclothed body first, then apply your formal outfit.

thanks. i found them
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 8:05 PM
This. Is. EPIC!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 8:38 PM
I've never played with Servos in the SIms 2, but I definitely will now. Thank you for your wonderful work. Mods like these are what make the game truly fun. By the way, do Servos have families?
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snowhaze
I've never played with Servos in the SIms 2, but I definitely will now. Thank you for your wonderful work. Mods like these are what make the game truly fun. By the way, do Servos have families?

In The Sims 2? No, Servos don't have kids. But since in The Sims 4 they're just regular sims in an outfit, you can make them have kids - the kids won't look like them, because there's no child version of the Servo outfit (since child Servos don't exist in TS2), and because skin details aren't inherited in TS4. But they can *technically* have families

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 9:55 PM
The only way I could possibly think to make this any better would be if wearing the suit gave the Sims the same type of voice as the GTW aliens so that it sounds a bit electronic.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
The only way I could possibly think to make this any better would be if wearing the suit gave the Sims the same type of voice as the GTW aliens so that it sounds a bit electronic.

The previous version of this actually allowed for you to make your aliens wear the Servo outfit (it was assigned as hair instead of skin details), but that caused some problems with the overlaying of the formal outfits, so I had to scrap that. Hopefully some modder will come up with a custom trait that changes their voice type!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 5:58 AM
This is fantastic! Hope it gets featured :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 1:44 PM
So Cool! Many Thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 2:57 AM
these look awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 11:19 PM
Thank you very much!! ... and Happy new year
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 2:34 PM
Thank you so so much <3
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 4:16 PM
Thanksthisisgreat!

I had one little issue when turning a sim into a servo: they were already wearing a necklace, and when I selected the hat outfit, the texture of that necklace got mapped onto the hat. The simple fix was to just remove the necklace from the sim, but can you perhaps put that in Known Issues? When people don't know how the accessory parts are mapped they will probably not make that connection, and think that the hat texture is weird.

(I believe one could also set the "Exclude Parts" thingy so that any necklaces that a sim decides to wear with the hat will be hidden .. I'm not exactly sure though, I don't do a lot of CAS stuff and maybe this would only work for more "normal" outfits.)
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Thanksthisisgreat!

I had one little issue when turning a sim into a servo: they were already wearing a necklace, and when I selected the hat outfit, the texture of that necklace got mapped onto the hat. The simple fix was to just remove the necklace from the sim, but can you perhaps put that in Known Issues? When people don't know how the accessory parts are mapped they will probably not make that connection, and think that the hat texture is weird.

(I believe one could also set the "Exclude Parts" thingy so that any necklaces that a sim decides to wear with the hat will be hidden .. I'm not exactly sure though, I don't do a lot of CAS stuff and maybe this would only work for more "normal" outfits.)

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Yeah, the necklace is enabled for these outfits because of how I set up the formal costumes, so that's sort of an expected glitch. I'll add it to the description!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 10:04 PM
Very nice. Congrats on your feature!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 10:30 AM
Looks fantastic, and wonderfully retro. Thanks for sharing your work.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 3:33 PM
Hmm Esmeralda built the same Servo December 2014. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=542670.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#23 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 3:52 PM
That is another conversion of the same thing, yes -- it works differently though.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#24 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 11:52 AM
Bickering between each other in a public post is not becoming of either of you. Please stop.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 8:03 AM
This is awesome! For the moment this will settle my need for robots in TS4
Page 1 of 4