Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
All sorts of random things really. Today was "I'm a ninja space pirate" and then proceeded to think about how I'd react to different situations, and the fact that I haven't had popcorn in a while and that I really, really miss eating it. The other day I thought about jumping it to the tub like a playful sim would, but decided that staying alive was quite a bit better.

Ooh this is my 1000th post, do I get a balloon?

==
I would send you a balloon but would get in trouble for:
sending you a balloon (stalking)
posting a picture of a balloon (this is not a picture thread)
posting a picture of two balloons (inappropriate suggestiveness)
talking about a balloon (shut up)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
==
I would send you a balloon but would get in trouble for:
sending you a balloon (stalking)
posting a picture of a balloon (this is not a picture thread)
posting a picture of two balloons (inappropriate suggestiveness)
talking about a balloon (shut up)
I think if you can connect it to showers somehow, it's ok.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#28 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:00 PM

*plays 'don't touch the floor' with all the balloons*

Oops, the picture was bigger than I thought! Technically its shower related because people generally shower alone, and its a picture of the forever alone guy, so he obviously showers alone.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:27 PM
Hee hee.

Have any of you ever tried to take a bath and a shower at the same time? I remember the first time I saw a shower/bath combo and thought it was the coolest thing ever! I imagined I was in a natural pool in the rain forest.

Scholar
#30 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:35 PM
Nah, I don't like baths. I've always been a shower person. In my last house we had two bathrooms, one that had a shower, and the other had both a shower and a tub. I was the only one that ever used the shower in the second bathroom. Now we have an inconveniently shaped shower/bath combo. That door is so annoying *glares at slidey door*
Mad Poster
#31 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:37 PM
Those doors are the worst. Ever.

How are you supposed to sit on the edge and wash your feet? Or hang over it to bath a child or a dog? What were they thinking? They weren't inspired shower thoughts - not those!

Scholar
#32 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:51 PM
You attempt to push the two parts together, but then if you push the "collapsed" door "in", you can't actually get to the tap (is it even called a tap?!). So many design flaws. There are many things in this house that are inconveniently placed, such as the kitchen sink, the shower/bath thing, my window. Clearly the previous owners needed to shower more often, because they're the ones who had the current kitchen and bath installed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 11:17 PM
Nah, I don't like baths.

But...but where do you drink your tea? Or read your books? What do you do on Sunday afternoons?
Scholar
#34 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
But...but where do you drink your tea? Or read your books? What do you do on Sunday afternoons?

I'll pretend you said ice tea. I'd probably drink that in the living/kitchen/dining/ MY room? Or outside. You'll never know for sure
Reading books ALWAYS happens in bed, serously where else would you read- access to a socket, a radiator, pillows, fresh air if necessary etc.
Sunday afternoons have always been filled with panic as I attempt to complete the entire previous week's work, or maybe a long walk just to avoid the work!
Instructor
#35 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 11:55 PM
When I was a lil bean (or, littler) I used to lay town in the tub so that my ears were just below the surface, and then I'd hum in a really low tone of voice. It was like a ship sounding its horn.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 12:09 AM
I had my bathroom enlarged just so I could replace that stupid sliding-glass-door shower-tub with a proper soaking tub. It's 2 1/2' wide ON THE INSIDE, and 19" deep, with wide edges - nice for sitting on, or putting candles on, and wine - and a nice hot soak when you've got chilled to the bone. But I never use it to get CLEAN, that's what the shower is for.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 1:18 AM
I'll pretend you said ice tea.

Iced tea? Oh crikey, first the bath now the tea...

Scholar
#38 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 10:12 AM
Oops?
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:18 PM
Oops?

Iced tea on the porch, conveniently next to where the mint grows under the hose-bib? Oh my goodness yes please! No oops about it.
It will need to wait for warmer weather, though.
Banned
#40 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 9:04 PM
If I'm having a shower in the morning, it means that I wet the bed.
OH GOD RUN
#41 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Have any of you ever tried to take a bath and a shower at the same time? I remember the first time I saw a shower/bath combo and thought it was the coolest thing ever! I imagined I was in a natural pool in the rain forest.

When I was little I did...but now I'm only a shower person.
Theorist
#42 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 1:03 AM
What if a high reason I take showers is so that I can be clean just so that my jeans won't be smelly from wearing them again so that I don't have to wash my jeans so they can retain their non-faded appearance. I have a black pair of straight legs and a white pair, both never washed from buying them two months ago. The black pair is a little too long so I use tape to fold them under instead of cuffing them outward, and hopefully no one can tell.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 2:20 AM
I take baths as of late. But lately my thoughts fight with each other.

EXAMPLE #1
Me: Heteropaternal superfecundity involving the Appetite for Destruction line-up of Guns n Roses would be interesting.
Mom: How many times have I told you not to reproduce!? Besides, that's a shot in the dark no one would believe.

EXAMPLE #2
Me: I wonder what Alice Cooper looks like without a shirt on...
Pessimism: Probably like a man who is almost 70: moobs, gray chest hair and liver spots.

When I try to let my mind wander, it is usually yanked back on a tether.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Theorist
#44 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 5:47 PM
I have weird thoughts in the shower. Mostly pondering questions I could never answer.

Could CRISPR-CAS9 tech be used to create custom viruses that could be programmed to target cancer cells and destroy them? A virus could destroy its target via lysis, or used to modify the cell's behavior like Herpes or HIV virus does, perhaps by eliminating host cell's ability to replicate. Or maybe it would work better to just develop custom T-cells that target the cancer cells, like how they cured that little girl with leukemia in the UK?
If it were possible to stop or reverse the genetic biological clock, would a custom virus be the best way to deliver it to all cells in the body? What kind of side-effects would be the result?
How would it be possible to even code an AI that can learn and utilize fuzzy logic?
I'm convinced someday we will have some really impressive AI, but how does it work? How do things like facial recognition, face detection, and that kind of thing work?
If structural foam is injected into an existing vehicle structure, how would its behavior change in a crash?
Fusion cell, could it ever exist? What would it take, to make a fusion cell that could power an electric car? How much power could a fusion cell theoretically produce?

Then sometimes I think instead of wasting my life doing nothing that would benefit anyone, maybe I should try to answer my own questions and help a lot of people. But then by the time I get out of the shower, all I want to do is eat snacks and play video games.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Then sometimes I think instead of wasting my life doing nothing that would benefit anyone, maybe I should try to answer my own questions and help a lot of people. But then by the time I get out of the shower, all I want to do is eat snacks and play video games.

The thoughts you have on beneficial tech and medicine are the kind I wonder when I'm at the doctor's office for physicals\hospital visits and at electronic stores when I get inspired to do something about the entertainment set up.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#46 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:40 PM
Sometimes I end up thinking about cutting my hair short (like a pixie cut or something) so that I wouldn't have to waste so much time puting conditioner in and stuff. Also it would look good with my face, and waay less effort in the mornings. Then I remember how I've been confused for a guy before (with my long-ish hair). Like I don't know how, but I definitely didn't appreciate that since, you know female =/= male.

This mornig's shower thought: what would happen if my bedroom walls, floor, and ceiling were vantablack? Would it confuse my eyes like seeing the mask thing does? I should totes be an interior designer or something. But then I'm too lazy. I'll be a sloth. Not sure if it would be better to be the 2 or 3 clawed one. There's was a difference between them but I forget. Also, sometimes they mistake their arm for another branch and fall to their deaths. I don't like falling, don't want to die either. Maybe I should be a lion. Lioness. No lionesses are ugly, I like the fuzzy mane that lions have. Oh my god! Twiggy I forgot about you! You poor wittle stick insect! Twiggy the Twig and I are like the bestest friends ever. We can play fetch later at the park.

^ that is how my thoughts jump
Scholar
#47 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:49 PM
I never have deep or insightful thoughts in the shower. It's usually just 'Oh god I look fat in that mirror', 'Arrgh I forgot I ran out of shower gel yesterday, now I have to get out, go into the bedroom, go in my drawer for more shower gel......', 'Uurgh the shampoo has gone up my nose again' etc.!
Mad Poster
#48 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 2:59 AM
This morning shower:
- half heartedly singing La Vien Rose
- "oh God I forgot to buy more conditioner"..."It's fine I'll remember to buy some tomorrow" (this thought has been reoccurring for about 2 days now)
- my wedding (modern vs. Classic suite, who I'm going to invite, whether my fiancés mother has finally sent her wedding video in the post so I can make a video to actually announce we're engaged....after 6 months and half the wedding already planned)
- "Do I want to go to the effort of shaving my legs?" (Usually no, unless I'm putting off something)
Then I replay embarrassing moments that happened yeeaarrss ago in my head, or conversations that havent/probably won't happen in real life

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 2 of 2