Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 3:03 PM
Default Shower thoughts
You may have heard of the subreddit shower thoughts. I find them pretty amusing to look at. Has anyone here had any "shower thoughts"? Can't think of any myself at the moment, but I enjoy the sub and the tumblr that corresponds with it.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 4:10 PM
I am so behind the times. I tried to check out reddit, got really confused, and left!

Thanks for the link, this makes it a little easier.

Yeesh - the "rules"!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Yeesh - the "rules"!

Lol, we don't have to be that strict here. I didn't even see them :P

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
#4 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 5:25 PM
No puns? No jokes? That's so lame.

I can't think of any either but I remember this exchange 12-year-old me had...
Me: Oh, I was in the shower and I thought of this (whatever I thought about)
Guy I liked back then: You know, I can't help but think of something else when you say you were in the shower
Me: (laughs because idk look I was pretty stupid back then)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 6:30 PM
Archimedes came up with something whilst in the bathtub, giving a practical way to measure the volume of irregularly-shaped objects (such as Archimedes).
I keep hoping I'll have some comparably important insight while in the shower, but so far no.

What I get is mainly:
  1. Warm.
  2. Back of neck.
  3. Turn it up even warmer.
  4. Ahhhh.
I'm not saying it isn't useful! It is useful. But it lacks novelty, so it's not considered publication-worthy.
Inventor
#6 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 6:41 PM
When I'm in the shower, I tend to (this is embarrassing...) interview myself in my head, like I was on radio or tv or something. I'll "be asked" questions about my life and childhood. I find it fun and pretty helpful because if I talk about something that bothers me in a way as if I'm explaining it to someone else, it helps me really look into the problem.

Sometimes I just sing "I'm on Fire" by Bruce Springsteen, but I reverse the genders. (like, little girl becomes little boy, daddy becomes mama, like that)
That's my shower song. I don't even know why.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 6:56 PM
Especially if I have the place to myself, then my usual shower song is the Simlish version of Pocketful of Sunshine.
Some may think it silly, but do wocka wah, brubba.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 10:49 PM
Proper bathroom etiquette: The shower is for singing, the toilet is for thinking.

Actually had a deep thought about this subject once while in the shower.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 12:36 AM
Either I think about work, celebrity comparisons, or ways to criticize game companies while offering suggestions for improvements. Sometimes I might even come up with a new idea to doodle.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Theorist
#10 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 1:27 AM
To get clean as fast as possible.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 1:32 AM
I prefer baths, Bath thoughts: Mmmmm....warm....warm....maybe too warm....I like warm....more warm.... Hi Kitty! (Kitty comes in for pats. She thinks tub time is time for pats). Mmmm....warm.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#12 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 5:00 AM
I simply scour my hide with gravel and sand, then anoint my body with fragrant oils and the smoke from the many sacrifices placed upon my altar.

But really, Reddit would be a horrible place without strict moderation. It's borderline horrible already, without ditching the moderation and suddenly it's /b/ everywhere.
Theorist
#13 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 7:46 AM
I think about whether or not catchy music is evil. They make it catchy so that you'll want to make a purchase, but they don't take into consideration on the possible problem of the song invading your life for the next few days whether you like it or not. What's the remedy for an invasive song? More catchy music. So that the brain doesn't latch its focus onto one single song. So I have to hear more music just to protect myself from music. In that way a catchy song is inherently evil in and of itself, and the intentions of the people who designed it are irresponsibly evil. So... that's what I think about while I've got a nice lather and rinse going. Maybe try singing next time.
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
No puns? No jokes? That's so lame.

That's what Reddit is all about. You got jokes? Try /r/jokes. Wanna share puns? Hit up /r/verypunny. /r/showerthoughts are for deep thoughts you have in the shower lol.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 8:24 AM
/r/makesnosense

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Theorist
#16 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
/r/makesnosense

There isn't anything in that Reddit.
#17 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:58 PM
But what if you come up with a pun in the shower
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
I simply scour my hide with gravel and sand, then anoint my body with fragrant oils and the smoke from the many sacrifices placed upon my altar.

So it's you and HarVee and the shrine of Oreodin?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
So it's you and HarVee and the shrine of Oreodin?

I welcome all that sacrifice livestock and firstborn children in my name.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 4:28 AM
I'm currently in the process of shopping a television pilot, and I intend on writing the entire series solo if it gets picked up by a network.

There are times where I'll be in a shower and just start thinking up random scenes in my head. If I remember them later on (it's about a 50/50 chance as far as that goes), I write them down as possible ideas. Some parts of my pilot were created by shower thoughts, actually. Never knew I had such a knack for setting the scene while in such a confined space, but I'm certainly not complaining.
Instructor
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
But what if you come up with a pun in the shower

/r/showerpuns. Told you.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
I welcome all that sacrifice livestock and firstborn children in my name.

I read that as "fishborn children".

mmm... sacrifishal fishborn children with a squeeze of lemon....

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 10:56 PM
I always think of some sort of memory. Where I'm at in life. Sometimes I even imagine my future man or God watching me while I'm showering... Like from above, when we're all dead, what if we all watch ourselves and our 'soul mate' as they lived. I believe that the seemingly impossible could be probable, because improbable only means that from our perspective, they are not likely. Why can't something seemingly impossible actually be true? Atoms are mostly empty space, so why not. The universe began somehow. I think the deepest in the shower and as I'm trying to fall to sleep. Basically whenever I'm idle I suppose.
Banned
#24 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 11:30 PM
Author thoughts. As in what to put in the stories, how to not look like I wrote it in Year 6, and how to format correctly.
Scholar
#25 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 4:22 PM
All sorts of random things really. Today was "I'm a ninja space pirate" and then proceeded to think about how I'd react to different situations, and the fact that I haven't had popcorn in a while and that I really, really miss eating it. The other day I thought about jumping it to the tub like a playful sim would, but decided that staying alive was quite a bit better.

Ooh this is my 1000th post, do I get a balloon?
Page 1 of 2