Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#26 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 7:52 PM
Yes, the game won't recognize your other folder. The game will only read from the folder that is called 'The Sims 2'.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 7:55 PM
So how do I get new folders? Just load up the game without any folders and it will create new ones? Or make copies of these and edit them?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Trainee Moderator
#28 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:07 PM
I would suggest you making a copy of your current Sims 2 folder. Then you can start downloading some CC and put it into the new folder.
You can also let the game generate a new folder but then you won't have your previous CCs and such.

Oh and make sure to remove your neighborhoods in your medieval save game, unless you want to convert them all into medieval neighborhoods.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#29 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:11 PM
Thanks! Sorry for hijacking the thread lol I'll think about all of this...honestly I'm pretty lazy so...I'll just ignore the NPCs...though all that pretty Sophie stuff does look cool...ugh.

What about just making a new downloads folder and not playing any other hoods? Just play the one when it's medieval?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Trainee Moderator
#30 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:17 PM
That would actually work too. As you see you have two options.
But make sure to completely take out your Downloads folder from 'The Sims 2' folder though, because the game can read everything that is in The Sims 2 folder.

My Simblr
Scholar
#31 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:19 PM
ohhhh just move it then...I can do that

Trainee Moderator
#32 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:34 PM
Oh and you are not hijacking the thread. It's interesting to read what you're doing with Sedona.

Well, it's actually me who is hijacking the thread. lol

My Simblr
Scholar
#33 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:45 PM
lol yeah I looked at all I would need to do default replacement...way too much work lol Some meshes are on sites that don't work or whatever. Like I said...me lazy XP So it's a social experiment! Can they survive and thrive? OoOoOoOoOoOohhhh

Trainee Moderator
#34 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:59 PM
You could try searching for medieval
Oh and this is also a good set

My Simblr
Scholar
#35 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 9:05 PM
I actually have all of that just not NPC replacement outfits. I LOVE all this stuff. So cool.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 11:46 PM
Yes I just rename the folder I want to play.

I have 3 Sims 2 folders inside my EA Games folder.
To play my medieval game I would click rename on the Sims2 folder and call it 'The Sims 2 New', then click the medieval folder and remove the word 'medieval'
The game only reads the folder called 'The Sims 2' it ignores the others. This means I can have my modern game and my medieval game totally separated. Moving download folders takes longer as you need to do a copy paste each time and I was also worried with all that moving if something might not come across properly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 1:11 AM
For the ones who can use the AGS like me, I make the game setup I want to play and then make it permanent and I can have any number of game setups and no switch out downloads folders or renaming any folders, all I got to do is click on the AGS PermaGame1 or 2 or 3 and so on to play the game setup I want.

I have permanent game setup from just the base game all the way up to M&G and that's 15 different games so far plus the orginial AGS 3 games.

PermaGame1 is just a base game setup to make clean and empty hoods with.
PermaGame2 is only OFB EP so I can convert hoods to subhoods in.
And so on until I have every game setup anyone would want.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#38 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 1:25 AM Last edited by DizzyBoo : 17th Sep 2015 at 1:41 AM.
wow! Okay thanks guys...I may just do that I'm not sure yet...

ok so apparently I HAVE 2 Sims 2 folders and one is totally empty...Hmm so....I'll make copies?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 1:28 AM
I have AGS as well, but my set up is for building. AGS 1 all EP's and Sp's, AGS 2 is up to seasons for making mac compatible lots and I do have AGS base game, but since it somehow messes up the cc in my main game It sits unused. But AGS for separate games is another way to go. I also use it for testing and don't have a huge lot of CC in AGS. I like it to load quickly and my medieval game has more cc than I would want to place in AGS.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#40 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 1:52 AM
I renamed my regular Sims 2 folder installed a house with a blue pack and it created a new folder! So I just made copies of all the folders cept downloads. Now I just need to find all my mods and whatnot to transfer over.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 2:10 AM
What is a blue pack, do you mean the game installer? if so don't use that. If you are not using Clean Installer to install lots you should go download it. (click on the underlined text to go to the download) Also make sure you have No Sim Loaded in place to prevent the Super Hug ever forming, important if you install lots.
Lots should go to the teleport folder, if your newly generated game didn't have one it probably made you one.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 2:28 AM
@joandsarah77 I never use the main game of Sims 2 anymore because it always messed something up so now I make a permanent AGS game of all EP's and SP's and use it to play my full game with.

Once you make a full game in AGS and make it permanent then only use it to play in, this is what I do and you will never have the problem again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#43 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 2:46 AM
How do you post spoiler tags? I want to tell what I did with Sedona, but I dont want to give anything away.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 3:10 AM
You type [spoiler] text goes here [/spoiler ] (You must remove the space between the last r and ] to make it work.)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@joandsarah77 I never use the main game of Sims 2 anymore because it always messed something up so now I make a permanent AGS game of all EP's and SP's and use it to play my full game with.

Once you make a full game in AGS and make it permanent then only use it to play in, this is what I do and you will never have the problem again.

I have to use AGS for building since my main game has the Super Hug. Hidden, but will go invisibly with lots. Moo said only reinstalling would get rid of it. She isn't around to ask about separated Sims 2 folders so I don't actually know if that is contained in my old Sims 2 folder or not. It may be it's not in my new or medieval folders at all. Since I use AGS for building and testing I don't have very much cc in it. Unlike you I use a lot of cc.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#46 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 4:39 AM
So I just went on medieval downloading spree...let's see if this works!

btw I will totally play the ACTUAL 'hood lol

Field Researcher
#47 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 11:20 PM
I have enjoyed playing this neighborhood. It makes me sad that they are 9 days away from becoming Elders. I may have to use the Elixir of Life.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 4:03 AM Last edited by blupest : 12th Oct 2015 at 4:31 AM.
Another update from me. I added a few things to this town which I didn't report before. Various alien species have colonized two distinctive parts of Sedona: an older, somewhat spartan looking alien enclave consisting of some Klingon residences and community lots on one side of the map and on the opposing side of the map, a very hypermodern, colorful, well-irrigated and wealthy alien outpost with custom high-rise neighborhood deco including a spaceport. I added some custom alien plants to the landscape as well. The men's homes are mostly in the barren, undeveloped middle between those two areas. I want to see which section of Sedona the children end up marrying into. Which alien culture will grow with descendants of these four men? Will they be assimilated into the older, more spartan culture or the newer, richer, alien population?

The older section of Sedona has the Super-Duper Hug Bug going on --introduced with lots *I* added I should say, NOT introduced by anything in the town as it was uploaded--so it does indeed appear as if some strange alien customs are the norm there. I have a community skilling hack. The men are showing up at the Klingon opera house to work on their music skills. They are appearing at the Great Hall and other community lots to work on their fitness and logic. Every time they venture into this part of Sedona they have to deal with the awkwardness of the native custom of intimately embracing strangers as if they were family.

Now on to the two men I didn't discuss before. Jared is absolutely my favorite! I never expected to like him so much. In fact EVERYONE likes him a lot. Several alien women from the old section have been throwing themselves at him..one smooched him, completely autonomously, at one of his parties. He has a crush on her now. But that isn't his only romance going on.

A rich male alien from the modern enclave, who I made to be asexual, somehow became sexual (how? I never had him flirt with anyone ever!) and has been "hearting" over Jared. As they dined together one evening at the rich alien's house I had Jared playfully throw food, which seemed like something he would do, being that he is a
Mr. Rich Alien interpreted this as a really romantic overture and now they have two lightning bolts of attraction going on despite their incompatible star signs and aspirations and Jared's apparent preference for women.So, those are his two romances going on. He had
and is a great and attentive dad, with help from his seemingly ever-present party guests. Didn't realize guests would help out with infants to some extent! His partying ways continue.

(been playing Sims 3 for a few years, forgot some things about Sims 2)

Aaron had his result and managed to convince an alien woman to move in to help out. She is also from the spartan, Klingon-architecture influenced part of town.

so far, three of the four men have partnered with alien girls from the older alien enclave in Sedona.
Only one is having some sort of relationship with someone from the richer enclave..and its the person I would have least expected.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Scholar
#49 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 5:04 AM Last edited by DizzyBoo : 18th Sep 2015 at 5:28 AM.
Okay since it's technically Sedona I might as well post it here. My Medieval 'Hood (Tuckborough) is almost finished! Thanks to help from all you guys (you all rock) I have default replacements for almost everything in the game. I have also created townies and dressed them up properly. There are a few not working right and I know I downloaded them; the Hobby Townies. Buuuut...whatever. If I can find a way to change those outfits I will. Some have been default replaced, some haven't. Things are looking good and I'm ready to move in my wiccan Athena into her candle shop (That's her in my avatar)

As for the real Sedona I have read all the profiles and am getting ready for some fun!

eep!

Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 1:10 AM Last edited by madmaud94 : 21st Sep 2015 at 4:57 AM.
I just got mine yesterday and started playing today!
Page 2 of 7