Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 1:4 - The Newbie Family

by MistyMountain Posted 27th Aug 2015 at 7:25 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2016 at 6:50 PM by Sortyero29 : Patch Update

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:33 PM
Whoa.. suddenly feeling nostalgic.
The Sims sure has come a long way
Very good likeness of the Newbie's!
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:41 AM
One glance told me all I needed to know. They are completely recognizable! Great job!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 10:06 AM
Nice to see these two remade for TS4, good work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 7:41 AM
The resemblance is amazing. Thanks for sharing them
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 4:12 PM Last edited by Sortyero29 : 29th Aug 2015 at 5:05 PM.
Thanks for the positive feedback! Aside from "practicing" my family members in CAS, these two were my first crack at trying to replicate someone.

I'm so happy you like them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 7:59 AM
How to put them in my game? Please help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 3:42 PM
Install Instructions Tab
Quote: Originally posted by kevin_rend14
How to put them in my game? Please help!

If you click on the tab beside the "files" tab, it says this:

Quote:
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).

3. Place in Tray Folder: Cut and paste all files into your Tray folder:

Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray\
Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray\

Aside from that I can't help. Good luck!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 10:29 PM
Wow they look great! Maybe you should've make Bob a bit fatter and give him the "lazy" trait but anyway excellent work! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmulana
Wow they look great! Maybe you should've make Bob a bit fatter and give him the "lazy" trait but anyway excellent work! :D

I suppose I could have made him fatter....but in my game I thought it might be fun to make him "get" that way on his own. As to the lazy trait I don't figure it applies. In the original game he's considered outgoing and playful which to me isn't quite completely lazy. LOL

Thanks for the kind words!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 7:07 PM
They really are recognizable! That's no mean feat! I always liked to play the Newbies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 10:35 AM
i still play a lot of sims 1 and sims 4 and its really nice to have objects and people of sims 1 good job ! x)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 1:21 AM
thank you
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 4:48 AM
Nice job, I inmediately recognized them, it's been so long since I played with them....I'll be downloading them later.

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 7:47 PM
Love them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 4:56 PM
I was browsing the list for mods and I recognized the faces immediately, great job you did for this one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 2:38 AM
When I first got the Sims 1, I played the Newbie family for a few days before I realized that I could create a "me" sim. Which I did and then moved into the largest house in the base game with the rosebud cheat. Great memories.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 6:08 PM
I tried to make my own newbies but failed, well got bored so glad I found yours thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 4:11 PM
Love it, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 4:57 PM
Awesome!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 7:16 PM
TY