Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 7:09 PM
Default Windows 10
Admin: feel free to move this to the correct forum- I couldn't figure which one was appropriate.

Is anyone running Sims 4 with Windows 10? Any issues? Besides for backing up, any suggestions for upgrading without borking your game?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 7:41 PM
I've been running Windows 10 for months now and have had no issues with the game.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 8:01 PM
(Don't try this at home) But I didn't do any single preparation for windows 10 and the transition was seamless for me. Also this could be my imagination but it seems to run smoother as well. So don't worry, take that leap
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 10:56 PM
It does actually runs way smoother than it did on Windows 8.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 11:04 PM
I running windows 10 I have no issues I had more issues with windows 8 and 8.1 then with windows 10.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:03 AM
So, if I convert, then my Sims 4 game will work hunkey dory. Any thoughts on the other Sims games - 1, 2, or 3?
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:22 AM
I haven't had issues with 3 or 4. I haven't attempted 1 or 2.

Early on in the technical preview I had to run 4 in compatibility mode for Windows 8, but whatever was causing that issue's been fixed for a long time.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:36 AM
When I installed Win 10, it reset my settings to default, but that's about it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
It does actually runs way smoother than it did on Windows 8.

Everything runs better on something that isn't a half-baked potato.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#11 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 3:17 AM
running fine on w10 since the 28th (used the trick to get it quicker )

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Win 10 is basically a Win 8 upgrade.

If you have Win 7, you don't need to. Win 7 is the best.

yeah no w7 doesn't have dx12. and it's not just an upgrade of 8 either your programs and boot will be a lot faster. and the sims loads quicker too.

as for the privacy issue when you install don't choose express install and you can turn all the big brother stuff off. and btw if you think w7 doesn't do the same thing than your mistaken

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
dodgy builder
#12 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 6:41 PM
Through PCworld on my facebook page they said it didn't take DVD's. That would be a big problem for me.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 6:54 PM
There are two drawbacks to Windows 10 and neither of them are related to simming. 1) be careful of the new "Wifi Sense". And that includes if any of your friends have WIndows 10 you don't even need to have it yourself to be caught out with that. 2) One Drive has been ruined. You can no longer see placeholder files or folders for online-only files. Any files or folders you keep online can only be interacted with via your web browser

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#14 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 7:24 PM
I just updated to Windows 10 and so far so good. I don't have cortana and the rest of the settings can be turned off (hopefully turning off helps lol). The update went pretty fast, and I only had to restart to get the display drivers to work properly, otherwise no problems so far.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 11:02 PM
Another thing to take into account with Win10 is that Edge (browser) doesn't have plugins (yet?). This is something to consider if you are atm using IE with plugins. The forced updates can be a problem if they start to mess around with 3rd party drivers too.

And even with express install you can't tell everything regarding the privacy settings. I expect some detailed reviews about this on tech sites in the coming time. What Microsoft does with Express install is not nice (being generous here).

Anyway, my windows PC is solely for gaming and everything works great atm. This alone is for me a reason not to upgrade (yet?).
Instructor
#16 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 3:25 AM Last edited by XtraSim : 5th Aug 2015 at 9:37 AM.
grab windows 10 manager to get rid of the rest of the privacy settings, turn off the UAC, disable auto updates and many more

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 9:04 AM
Windows 10 is working just fine for me, but as always backup whatever data is important just in case of problems.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 3:42 AM
I just Windows 10 since July 26th and ever since I upgraded, Sims 4 will no longer run properly. I tried disabling all of the mods and tried to run in windows 8 compatibility mode and even that did not help. Sims 4 opens fine, then part way through playing, it says "Ts4.exe was blocked from accessing the graphics hardware." I updated my drivers and tried re-enabling the card, and none of those worked. It worked flawlessly on Windows 8.1, so I have no idea what the issue is. My computer specs are sufficient.
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:46 PM
I'm about to get a new lap top for machinima work. I want to run both sims 2 and sims 4 on the lap top. I'm on vista right now, but obviously I'm going to have to have either windows 8.1 or windows 10. It would really be a wonderful help if the people who've had no problems would share their lap top or pc specs. Especially if they are running both games. I doubt I'm in the right room but.. ekk I'm new to this too lol
Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boad
I'm about to get a new lap top for machinima work. I want to run both sims 2 and sims 4 on the lap top. I'm on vista right now, but obviously I'm going to have to have either windows 8.1 or windows 10. It would really be a wonderful help if the people who've had no problems would share their lap top or pc specs. Especially if they are running both games. I doubt I'm in the right room but.. ekk I'm new to this too lol
Thanks

Hi, this is my Sims 4 rig:
MSI 17" Laptop, Windows 10
Core i7 2670QM
NVidia GTX 570M
12GB DDR3 RAM
750 GB HD 7200rpm
about 5 yrs old.