Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 11:44 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 5th Aug 2015 at 10:10 PM.
Maybe roll a dice to see if he gets caught and send him to jail. My hood only has a small police station but it does have one cell. So it doesn't have to be an elaborate set up. I would then use Christianlov's transport mirror and add a Simlogical prisoner tag to his inventory and have him spend a few days in jail.

@Essa I had a look in Body Shop and it says Lilith-Newsea Hush Baby for Dolly's hair. Hope that helps.

Edit:Found it here: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...59;sa=showPosts
There is also a version here that is more MM
http://thatonegirlonthecomputer.tum...ewsea-hush-baby

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 10:34 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 5th Aug 2015 at 11:30 PM.
Double posting to add the next business.

Post Office

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#53 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:27 PM
Thanks for the link, Jo.

Great PO! I was planning to download this lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 11:54 PM
Yesterday I moved onto playing the Dr's family so here is my Health Clinic

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#55 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 2:29 AM
I've been building a lot of community lots for Veronaville and staying with the Shakespeare offers up some inspiration! No pictures, as I was so focused on Build Mode that it didn't occur to me snap a few shots.

Still, I have so far:
- Rude Mechanicals Theatre: an outdoor stage with seating and public bathroom. Very plebeian for the peasant-folk.
- Mistress Quickly's Merry House: a gambling club with plenty to drink. Strictly catering to gentlemen and their select lady friends for the night
- Kate Keepdown Nightclub: a crowded dance club for the young crowd.
- Capp Family Crypt: owned by the Capp family, all their graves have been moved here.
- Monty Family Restaurant: owned by the Monty family, they offer dining, drinks, and a fine bakery.
- H&M Veronaville (madeover): I took the bland H&M intended for Veronaville and made it fit for Veronaville.
- Love's Labor's Lost in Hedge Maze: from Downtown.
- Prince Escalus's Garden: originally King's Garden.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 5:16 AM
What a fascinating thread. I will be returning here to try out some of these ideas.

The Receptacle is dead; long live the Receptacle!
Theorist
#57 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 11:42 AM
Jo, am always impressed by how you put together your lots and your hood! I have a question for you: How would you set up a clinic as a community (non-owned) lot? I'd like to have one at Uni, but you can't own Uni lots.

@conversesneaker those sound like awesome lots! Do you have pictures?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 11:54 AM
Thanks esme. That's a tricky one as none of the cc medicine would be buyable and I don't know if the Doctors bag works on community lots. I guess If I wanted this as one one I would sell this back, move them out and change the zoning. Sims would be able to study, and with the sleep on community lots mod they could stay over in a ward. If you have the buy and build mode enabler (or use the cheat) and have medicine on shelves sims could help themselves. With some tweaking it could become a dorm and be a medical school.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 9:29 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 10th Aug 2015 at 9:42 AM.
Police Station and Fire Station

I have these two together, both are basically the same layout but with some colour changes and the police station has a jail cell. Both are small and basic since the hood is new and they both had quite a few mortgage shrubs. In my old hood they were both larger with more sims.

Police Station

Fire Station

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#60 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 12:04 PM
ooooh clinics and hospitals - I love those (and police stations and firestations). Very nice Jo - I'll try and upload some pics of mine later. I use Chris Hatch's hospital mod for clinics - that would work Esme on university lots but I think you have a Mac? Not sure if the hospital mod would work with the limited EPs.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#61 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:20 PM
For those of you who have completed (or tried) a BACC: how can I run a dance studio? Any tips?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:48 PM
I've had trouble getting profit/stars with a dance studio... but I did have one: small community business. Ballet Barres, big mirrors, bathrooms... and of course the bandatron. And, to break the alliteration, a couple of radios.
I'd be very interested in a more successful one, too!
Link Ninja
#63 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 6:03 PM
I don't know what a BACC is, but I did create a dance studio. I had a mother with high interest in music/dance and who also was a professional flamenco dancer in her dancing career open a dance studio. The back room was mirrored and contained 4-6 ballet bars, the front room had a stage with a DJ booth which her husband with high creativity ran for dancing or dance contests, and then in a side room was the break dancing mat so other sims could learn. Of course there were bathrooms, changing rooms, and showers too because all the dancing can leave a smelly sim. Also vending machines for anyone who wanted a snack break. The bandatron was placed out front for 10-15 simoleons an hour and that's how money came in.

Edit: Since she also has high enough interest in music/dance she can also instruct patrons which gives her a more 'dance teacher' feel.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#64 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 10:01 PM
I suceeded in bringing the dance studio to level 5 (hallelujah! Luckily I won't play that lot again!). I used the mother (Gold in sales), the teen son (Gold in sales) and the Servo (also Gold in sales). Usually the Servo would DJ, while the teen and the mother would try to sell some tickets and schmooze their way to sufficient Customer Loyalty Stars.
My lot consisted of a 2-story brick building with those AL (I guess?) windows. The first floor had a breakdancing mat (outside), a DJ Booth and some musical instruments (this lot was a hybrid - I unlocked both Music and Dance careers with it) and, of course, VENDING MACHINES!!!! My saviours... Thank you for not letting my Sims starve... On the second floor there were mirrors, ballet barres, sofas, a grand piano and a bar. However, most Sims decided to stay on the first floor.
I also had a small office, with a door locked to Staff Only. It had a coffee machine, a computer and a phone.

EDIT: Total amount of money spent: 81K
Total amount of money earned: 10K
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 2:58 AM
@Charmful a BACC stands for Build A City Challenge. There are a few rule sets around. My first integrated hood started as a BACC but along the way I decided I wanted to do my own thing and got influenced by the Isle of Tyme and Apple valley, both well known integrated hoods. BACC use a lot of sim owned business the way an integrated hood does.

My old hood had a dance studio. I sold a few small items and held dance contents. It had only really just started before I started on Coral Bay. I would like to have 'classes' for various dances. Not sure yet how I will work that out but probably the meeting controller and a teacher who can do the hula or slap dance and have them all join in and then pay them after class with Christianlov's wallet token controller.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 6:54 PM
Sims with the flu are admitted to the ward. The main one has a bookcase, easel, private bathroom and a snap dragon, it's a pretty comfortable stay I should think. I use Christianlov's teleporter mirror there to bring them in and the door is kept locked. Can't have flu ridden sims wandering the hallways. I think that is everything I do to run the health clinic. [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Jo, I love your way of handling flu patients. I hadn't thought of a quarantine area.

PCSims has a dental station and a surgical station that automatically pays you when you render the service upon a sim. I think the dental one pays 500 simoleans and the surgical one pays 800 simoleans. Your doctor could quickly earn a lot using them.
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Jo, am always impressed by how you put together your lots and your hood! I have a question for you: How would you set up a clinic as a community (non-owned) lot? I'd like to have one at Uni, but you can't own Uni lots.

@conversesneaker those sound like awesome lots! Do you have pictures?

Esme, the PCSims doctor bag works in an un-owned community lot. But there is no designated doctor.

I have a clinic and when I want my sim to be treated, I go through the other sims on the lot, making each one in turn selectable until I find one with at least 5 mechanical points. The bag will only work for sims with at least 5 mechanical points. I then have that sim "be doctor" for my sim and once my sim has been treated, I make the "doctor" sim unselectable again.

I suppose you could have a doctor sim made for the purpose of the clinic and just transport him or her in when your sims need treatment. Otherwise just random sims are the doctor and you can end up with the cheerleader or llama mascot being your doctor at your uni clinic.

I suppose I should take my own advise and make myself a doctor sim.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#68 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Aug 2015 at 12:03 AM.
@ joandsarah77 Such a "great" post thanks for starting it. I been trying to figure out for days how to use a ( Show Spoiler ) any way my pictures are not huge in size, pictures need to be click on for a larger view.
I have many community businesses in my "Custom Neighborhood" this is just one business I love so much, after all what women or man don't love a good pair of designer shoes. Well stop on in, that is in my Sims "Shoe Gallery" I love it my Sims love it the best designer shoes in town. So stop on in and spend some of your "Simoleon" all is welcome in the "Shoe Gallery."

PICTURES BELOW: Please Click on Pictures for larger view. Once you click on one picture click again it will rotate to the next.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:53 PM
@dawnpage99 I have the dental one in my old hood, I'll have to bring it over once they have the upstairs area done. I think I tried the surgery and didn't like it, I can't really remember, only they make too much money. I like my sims to work hard for what they have, no quick buck.

@Simonut To make a spoiler type {spoiler}Text here {/spoiler} But use the straight sided brackets not these fancy ones.

Very nice shop, I like the zebra print shoe sign.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#70 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:22 PM
@Jo, are the police and fire stations 1x1 lots? I like the layout.
@Simonut, your shop is very nice.

La Maraîchère aka the farming life

Mad Poster
#71 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:57 PM
That's so pretty Essa! Both the hood view and the farm lot itself, very pretty. I wish I had the patience and creative skill to make my hood look like that :P

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 11:26 PM
I love your farm @Essa No the police and fire are 1 by 2, not even I could fit a driveway and a house next to it on a 1 by 1. I do have up for download a 1 by 1 firehouse though. https://www.modthesims.info/d/547678 I crammed a driveway underneath, but it is very very tiny. It's based on the Simcity fire station.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#73 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 11:52 PM
I have a Snapdragon Shop. It really is a good money-maker. All those Snapdragons mean that my Sims will never need to worry about needs (except energy, but I bought a coffee machine). Besides, they basically sell themselves.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#74 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 11:57 PM
@ Essa thank you, happy you like my "Shoe Gallery" your Farm Community is so wonderful I just love it so much. Your Graphic is good is this the Sims 3 ?

@joandsarah77 I love all your pictures and what is going on in your community. Like the Sims school, and hospital, I would love to have a school for my Sims, now the Police Station is the crime really bad in that community ? Joking

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 12:25 AM
Well since I started this hood (and gen 1 kids are just now turning into YA) there has been at least 5 burglaries, one even on my runaway teen lot where the kid only had a tent and a few tomato plants (he stole her tent) and numerous pickpocketings so I would say yes! The crime rate is terrible.

The farm is Sim 2, Essa has a sky mod and it looks like a lighting mod. My computer wont run a sky mod, I tried it once all it showed was some grey on the horizon. it's too old.

~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 18