Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 1:33 PM
Well I feel like a cheat lol. I am playing with businesses more now that i've set up and am playing a Royal Kingdom Challenge (without the medieval touch it's modern) and if it's a community lot business my Sim tends to have a normal job and then near bedtime i'll have them go to their business and run it until they are tired, so they can go home and go to bed. It's not realistic at all XD The Elves (below Peasants) and Peasants (except for one household that has a community lot business because reasons...it's the witch household and will also have stuff from the robot crafting bench including servos and I will want certain people to go there and buy them..can't control that on a home business) all have home businesses, so they just run when it's convenient. During the day for the Elves, they don't get normal jobs. For the peasants where one of them tends to have a normal job it will be after work sometime if they are up to it.

I don't do anything special.

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 1:41 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 2nd Aug 2015 at 3:19 AM.
I didn't realize phones were so contentious.

The Little Red Schoolhouse

Or how I play my primary school which really is red.

Simlogical School System
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_School.htm
With this you can do no schooling, home schooling, prep school or boarding schools. The institution sign is vital to playing a school but also very useful in a non school settings as well. There are lots of pieces you may or may not want. I use the School Bell, Sign and Pupil Tokens continually but the Classroom Controller only now and then. It would depend on your vision for the type of school it is. Mine is based mainly on skilling so I don't use anything else on that page.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Homework.htm is the homework book.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#28 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 4:06 PM
Interesting thread. I'm always curious to see others players do.

I love running businesses. They're mostly community lots and are 2x2 or 1x3. 1x1 are too small for my taste and I find it difficult to play when the business reaches ranks 10 because it's full of sims. I know there are mods to set the number of customers from the start but I like the game mechanics.
I don't really like running home businesses. How about a police station or a clinic? I feel a single sim should own these kind of lots and I like my sims to have a family.

I have retail stores (clothing, electronics, toys, flowers, fresh products, grocery, cars, pets), two restaurants, a night club, a venue for my elders (pool and poker), a beauty salon and a school where teens and children go.
My must have mod for running businesses is Business runs you which allows you to set the employees (janitor, restocker, cashier, saleman and so on). When the owner goes to work, I just have to watch and enjoy.
On a side note, active sims will run while lazzy sims will walk. Most of my businesses are owned by active sims.
Community time project is a must-have too. I've encountered issues with sims back to the main hood after uni. The first time they walked to a community lot, they'd get back days after. Workaround in my game is make them take a taxi or a car or use the Batbox to retrieve off-lot loiterers.

For the school, I use Simlogical mods. Education is free.
It's owned by the teacher who get paid with the money rewards. Not realistic but I'm going to fix this next rotation since I'd like my hood to be more integrated.

Jo, if I understand correct, your teachers have Maxis careers but also teach at the school. In your case, who owns the school?
My current teacher has a spouse and a son. The spouse is in a Maxis career and I have the school changer so that the school bus doesn't show up.

Sorry for the crappy English, it's not my first language.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 10:11 PM
In reality my principle, Viola and her husband Antonio own the school since it's a residential lot. I simply gave them enough cash to buy it, but in my mind it's government owned. I set their career level with the simblender as principle and highschool teacher. I use the simlogical institution sign to prevent them from ever going to their rabbit hole job, the school is their job and the mayor pays them every Friday with Christianlov's wallet controller. They are one of the few families not in debt with a loan.

My other teacher Tiarna lives with her family and I had her work her way up the education career until she became a teacher, then used the job stopinater to prevent any further promotions since she does go to the rabbit hole job and that is her pay. I like all sims to have that employment section filled it.

Since these are the founders I give them more leeway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Essa : 2nd Aug 2015 at 1:08 PM.
Thanks for explanation.
I just notice that you have expanded the lot. I misread your post. I think my school will need some revamping.

Here's Smustle et Cie, a night club, currently rank 8.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 12:25 PM
I didn't, if you mean expanded with lot adjuster. Plasticbox made the lot and it's joined like many of the lots in this hood, so it would have been shrunk.

Cool, I need a club. They only have a bowling alley in my hood. haven't heard of the Pescado's dance positioner, do you have a link? Also your bartender is wearing the green tshirt alien outfit, I used to have that in my main game but can't find it, I believe it is a set of four, do you know where it/they came from?

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 1:06 PM
About the school. I can't remember where I saw a red school house by Plastibox.. well maybe in my dreams.

My sims don't even have a bowling alley.

Link for the dance positioner: http://moreawesomethanyou.com/ts2/a...epositioner.zip and a short topic about it: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...e;topic=16980.0
Link to the outfit: http://digitalperversion.net/garden...hp?topic=6881.0
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 1:14 PM
Posting to make your post visible. I think we need a catch phrase for this.

This is Elsewhere a hood by Plasticbox and it was red... I think, but I made it brighter red.

Thanks for the links. I used to have my boy band in a few of those outfits. My old self contained hood had everything, but it was so massive and that game had so much cc it took an hour to load.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 2:48 PM
You're welcome. Elsewhere sounds fun to play but it's too small for my taste.
I played Baskerville a while ago and it was fun.
Alchemist
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 4:26 PM
As much as I adore all of this, I would go crazy if I had to run a business on such a tiny lot, the customers would whine and whine about how they can't pass through yadiyadiyada
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
You're welcome. Elsewhere sounds fun to play but it's too small for my taste.
I played Baskerville a while ago and it was fun.

I agree Elsewhere is too small, that is why I added 15 Shopping Districts, 4 downtowns (3 of which are my own), 4 UNIs, and 10 Vacation Spots (6 are my own). For me it is easier to play Elsewhere if I can venture out in bigger homes of the subhoods. I do have Baskerville as a subhood in Elsewhere. Someone, a while back posted a link with Baskerville and Middleground as sub hoods. If you like I will see if I can find the link.

Reason I commented was to thank you for the link to for the dance positioner. Thank you.

Great thread Jo. I'm working on a spa on the beach. It has a beauty salon, nail salon, massage tables, tanning beds, saunas, and more. If I get some great shots on opening day, I will post them.
Theorist
#37 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:22 PM
How are you doing the nail salon? I'd like to have one, but I can't quite find the cc/figure out how to do it without cc.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
How are you doing the nail salon? I'd like to have one, but I can't quite find the cc/figure out how to do it without cc.

I will hunt down the nail salon link for you. I have had it a while, but never used it. Same for the tanning beds, so I decided to build a All Day Spa to check them out.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
As much as I adore all of this, I would go crazy if I had to run a business on such a tiny lot, the customers would whine and whine about how they can't pass through yadiyadiyada

Which lot, the cafe? I don't get a lot of stomping, it's all to do with traffic flow. I'm used to playing tiny lots and using space saving cc. If I ever felt there were too many customers for the lot I would set the customer limit. All in one bathroom is toilet and shower and uses 2 tiles, Targa fridge goes under a bench, modular open stairs allow sims to follow each other up and I can place the chiller underneath. The mod that allows sims to access under modular stairs might also be at play there.

As to Elsewhere being small, yes a few slightly larger houses/business lots would have been nice but that's what shopping districts are for. I have one partly set up with larger lots and houses on 2 by 2 or 2 by 3 plots. Lol, I will not want 15! While I love the school I uploaded to MTS the lag with a heap of kids was horrible and sometimes it use to crash. No lag with the Little Red Schoolhouse.

The school isn't a business at all. Not in the EA way of making a business. It's a regular residential lot and they make money by the Mayor paying their wages each Friday. To pay thier wages I teleport Antonio to the Mayors house and use Christianlovs wallet controller to pay him $7000 so they are employes of the district of Coral Bay even if their employment tab says Maxis education career.

One of my main reasons for using tiny business right now is I didn't want to cheat for money very much. The founders had their starting cash from CAS and I used mortgage shrubs or loans from Monique's computer so they could buy their business. Even these small ones and small houses are proving to be difficult to afford. Some of them I am now switching to Cyjon's loan jar since the interest rate is not so high. With Monique's computer sims can easily loose $2000 or more per day and even loose it on other lots, not just at home. In my head they have simply found a better deal with another bank.

I am also interested in the Nail Salon.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#40 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
I agree Elsewhere is too small, that is why I added 15 Shopping Districts, 4 downtowns (3 of which are my own), 4 UNIs, and 10 Vacation Spots (6 are my own). For me it is easier to play Elsewhere if I can venture out in bigger homes of the subhoods. I do have Baskerville as a subhood in Elsewhere. Someone, a while back posted a link with Baskerville and Middleground as sub hoods. If you like I will see if I can find the link.

Reason I commented was to thank you for the link to for the dance positioner. Thank you.

Great thread Jo. I'm working on a spa on the beach. It has a beauty salon, nail salon, massage tables, tanning beds, saunas, and more. If I get some great shots on opening day, I will post them.

You're welcome, Rusty.

Oh my! Did I say I'm a lazy player? I don't really like building because it means less time to play.
I have the Maxian downtown (which I'd like to get rid of), the Maxian vacation hoods and Mootilda's Uni hood, Brainania.
I just miss beach lots (at least one) in my current hood. I think I like to have "everything" in the same place and I need space for my 100+ playables. I hope than one day, I'll be able to test a main hood uni.

The nail salon sounds great. I'm also interested in a link.
My current beauty salon's owner would like to expand so this may come in handy.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 11:01 PM
The wallet controller, does it have preset numbers you can choose from, or can you enter the number yourself? I love Monique's computer, but the preset numbers get annoying. My private school costs 750 per week, and you can't transfer 50 with Monique's.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 11:18 PM
Posts to see posts.

The wallet controller has preset numbers, but quite a lot of them. It has $50, I use 50 to pay my repair man.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 12:23 AM
I'm sorry it took me a while to post the link for the nail salon. I had a family crisis I had to take care of.

I found the nail salon at the graveyard. It is from pcsims Beauty Salon set. But like I said, I have had it a while and never tested it out. I'm not sure what it does or if it will do anything. I was able to finish building my spa, but was not able to test out the nail salon or the tanning beds. I will do that tomorrow after work.

In game it is under Hobbies/Misc for $950.
Description says:
Beauty Salon Nail Table
The Nail beauty salon is perfect to start your own style business. Invite the Sim to make good hair style and beautiful nails. Suggest for your employments to have such job and make service for every Sim if you wish.
mesh by smithycpl
hacked by Katy_76

Link to graveyard http://www.sims2graveyard.com/index...ness-type-stuff
Picture is 3rd item, download 4th item.

My girlfriend found some nails over at TSR. If the Nail table don't do anything, we are thinking of downloading the nails and just pretend they got their nails done. I was hoping to find a pedicure set, too. But no luck. A foot massager chair would be good enough, though.

@Jo, I have all the occupied subhoods. I don't play all the sims, just wanted plenty customers for my businesses.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 2:38 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 3rd Aug 2015 at 7:57 AM.
It looks to be a set with a chair, table and vanity as well. Could be it's only deco, not at all sure. I'm going to see if I can check it out today. Dolly would love to have a bigger place with extras like that.

Dolly's. (Salon and clothes)

I tested out the nail station.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 12:36 PM Last edited by Essa : 3rd Aug 2015 at 2:40 PM. Reason: Wrong link
Lol'ed at the bad makeovers.
1. BTW where are Dolly's hair from?
2. how do you deal with toddlers on community lots? I can't figure out how it plays with community time project?
Brianna, the beauty salon's owner just had a son. Her husband (former maid) works with her but ATM he's a stay-at-home dad.

Does PO stand for post office?
Thanks for testing the nail station. I think I'll download those nails: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=179574 (remind me the time I was doing beauty contests)
The beauty salon in my game have two chairs and two couches where customers chat while they're waiting. The waiting ones could get a manicure.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 1:16 PM
1. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.
2. Doesn't effect community lot time. I just have them take a sleep mat, a potty, a toy and a sippy cup. The sippy cup is from Moonlight dragon and is a never ending. never go bad bottle. Her daughter got a lot of attention from shoppers.

Yes, PO is post Office.
That link is the lot sync timer.
You will need to either control the nail person or have them as a playable from your house because you can't assign it.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#47 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 1:26 PM
@joandsarah77, your lots are very small. I usually top business levels, and I'm sure that a crowd of sims would be unable to navigate these lots. That's a shame, because they look so nice.

I don't really have much to add to the thread, I'm afraid. There are interesting mods like different stations (rock mining, etc.) from Sun&Moon, but running business with them is usually such a hassle.

But here's what I've got.

I once tried using career rewards for businesses. A chocolate making factory from culinary rewards. It's awkward, because you have to select employees to make them work, there's no way to just direct them to chocolate making stations. And then you need to pay them, I did that by putting pictures into their inventory. Such a business works better as a non-owned community lots. Your sim can come and be a factory employee.

Another reward is legal career podium that pays money. Also works best as a non-owned business. Tuck it into the court building and your sim can go to work each day as a lawyer.

There were other options and mods. Like the calling center (the link to it escapes my memory, sorry). You can use it both on owned (makes more sense, because they earn a lot of money) and not owned community lots.

I made oil business but it was fake, as I couldn't come up with how to make an actual oil business. So it's just a building where sims can buy papers worth from 1.000 to 25.000. It earns a lot.

And my favorite "business" so far... A sim is designated to be a butler (in your mind) and gets repeatedly moved in with families that need a butler or have small kids to tend to. I have a doctor who does the same, he gets teleported to lots that have sick sims and cures them for money.

Once I had a Business School using simwardrobe's vocational training controller.

Another idea I had was to make a money tree farm in Magic Town but I haven't tried it out. Money trees are those aspiration rewards you can get. I think they pay like 40 simoleons, so planting a hundred of those on the lot should yield quite a nice profit. But no visitors should be allowed, they can steal money.

I want to try a counterfeit machine business, too. Either as an underground activity or by pretending that these sims just normally print money for the government and aren't criminals. There is a hack to prevent a counterfeit machine from burning up.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 1:49 PM
Yes, because they are for the founders of the town. Once they pay off their debt they will be able to get larger business in the shopping district. Playing small lots is all about routing but if I get too many customers I will simply adjust the amount allowed on the lot.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 4:28 PM
Thanks Jo, for testing out the nail station. Now all I have to do is test the tanning bed.

@Babahara the link I gave to the nail salon, also has the call center. The picture would be the 5th item (right under the Beauty Salon set) and the download is the 6th item.

I had an idea when building my bakery and placed a money tree on the lot. If the reporter is the one who harvests it, they will give you a good review.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 7:01 PM
It is not regular business, it is somehow illegal - the pickpocket:
On community lots Sim steals items from other sims inventories. (The idea is based on charlatan’s animation which resembles admire animation.) Thief admires his victims and if admiration is accepted, than thief is able to access their pocket (inventory). A mod that makes sims' inventories accessible on community lots is here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=204467 . Up to BV updated download is attached to comment #48. It Works with all EP’s.)

I found the idea from Mara’s let's playhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfD...rUTX4x&index=34.
Hm, now I must just to think about the consequences for my thief.
Page 2 of 18