Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Crystal Ball PC for Fantasy Sims

by Esmeralda Posted 3rd Jul 2015 at 5:03 PM - Updated 19th Dec 2017 at 5:24 PM by Esmeralda : FIXED desk broken by December patch

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 6:13 PM
Im the third one to download it.
Cant Wait to try!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 7:38 PM
I just love it, love it, love it! THANKS!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:50 PM
I had no idea I wanted this, but this is perfect. =D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:54 PM
Thanks for the Crystal Ball PC for all of us to enjoy !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:26 PM
You are the best! Everything you do is needed and good!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:34 PM
Thanks, everyone! I knew this would be a minority interest item, but I hope those who play fantasy or medieval sims might find it useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 7:52 PM
lmao this is awesome, nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 3:12 PM
Loving the crystal ball.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:42 AM
This is super creative! I love that you used it as a computer so the animations didn't have to impede on the fantasy. Really lovely. I can't wait to install!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 11:06 PM
This looks really nice, can't wait to try it out thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 12:53 AM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 2:04 PM
Excellent idea :) <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 2:02 AM
I absolutely love it! Thanks so much <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 5:21 PM
This is a great idea! Been struggling with this problem. Thanks. They look really cool too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:38 AM
THANKS U ARE BEAUTIFUL A GREAT PERSON HAVE A HAPPY HAPPY DAY<3 AND AWESOME DOWNLOAD!!! HUGS AND LOVE!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 12:56 PM
Its a great idea but sadly a sims 3 turnover so it causes glitches in the game....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 28th Jan 2017 at 11:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by crowmeou812
Its a great idea but sadly a sims 3 turnover so it causes glitches in the game....

I don't know what you mean by a 'Sims 3 turnover', do you mean a Sims 3 conversion? If so, it's not a Sims 3 conversion, it's a new mesh made from scratch by me for TS4. In any case, I've just tested it in game because I haven't played TS4 in a long time and I wondered if a recent patch might have introduced some sort of problem to do with computer objects, but no, this item still works fine. It's most likely that any glitches you're having are caused by something else, not by my item.

ETA: Tech note: Even if something is a TS3 conversion, that absolutely doesn't mean it will cause glitches in TS4. TS4 uses a completely different game engine from TS3 and therefore anything converted from TS3, TS2, or any other game, still needs to have its mesh and textures imported into a TS4 creation tool and be exported as something that works with TS4's game engine. Once that is done, it will function correctly in TS4 - that is, as long as it was made correctly. All of my creations were made 100% to EA's TS4 standards and work correctly in game.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:12 AM
The typing sound of the keyboard and the clicking sound of the mouse can still be heard. It's not a big issue, but it bugs me a bit.

I'm not saying it has to be completely silent, but that sound does not really fit with the theme.
What about the sounds sims make while they meditate and float? Maybe with a particle effect that resembles the particle effect sims have while floating during meditation?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Armilus
The typing sound of the keyboard and the clicking sound of the mouse can still be heard. It's not a big issue, but it bugs me a bit.

I'm not saying it has to be completely silent, but that sound does not really fit with the theme.
What about the sounds sims make while they meditate and float? Maybe with a particle effect that resembles the particle effect sims have while floating during meditation?

Feel free to add those effects for your own use if you want to.

The reason I didn't mod my creations to behave differently from default, was because TS4 gets patched way too frequently with game-breaking/cc-breaking patches and I was not prepared to keep fixing continually broken TS4 mods. Therefore, my objects all used the same actions and animations as the default item. In this way, they don't break later when EA decides to add yet another patch that changes the game coding. The only exceptions I ever made were my Smaller Cupcake Machine in which I removed the smoke and swirling light effects, and my Microphone mirror clone in which I removed the pie menu option to go into CAS. So far, the cupcake maker is still OK, but the microphone got broken by the Vampires patch, which broke cc mirrors - and because my item had been modded, it is not fixable with the 'Vampire patch fix' for cc mirrors. The only way to fix it is to remake it from scratch with a currently-patched game, and as I retired from Sims creation a year and a half ago, I won't be doing that.

That's why this object still works and probably always will, however annoying you might find the leftover clicking sounds.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:00 PM
I can not say Thank you enough!!! You are great!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 7:09 PM
LOL What a great idea!
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 4:52 PM
Where can I find the table that the crystal ball goes on?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callidro
Where can I find the table that the crystal ball goes on?

As stated in the 2nd paragraph of the description, "the pedestal is in the Surfaces section under Desks".

My Fallout 4 creations: Nexus
More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Inventor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 4:04 AM
Loooooove it!!! Thanks!!!! And it may be a "minority interest item", but as one of the minority, I am grateful. You do high quality and relevant works. THANKS!!!!
Page 1 of 2