Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Double Hung Window Add-Ons

by plasticbox Posted 29th Jun 2015 at 11:29 PM - Updated 13th Feb 2016 at 3:07 AM by plasticbox

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 12:59 AM
Great Job

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 1:58 AM
Thanks again for another nice and needed product.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 2:19 PM
This is my favourite window and these addons will sure come in handy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 5:01 PM
Thank you plasticbox.
I have been waiting for these Windows for such a Long time.
Kind regards
Freche
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 7:17 PM
Woot thank you, they are fantastic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 8:17 PM
Thank you, I needed this!
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 9:43 AM
I always love your work, but I find it strange that you did not center the bar in the middle of the window. Maybe it didn't look right? But I just keep thinking, "That would be a weird window in real life." I'm not trying to be mean, just curious I suppose.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:18 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 4th Jul 2015 at 2:31 PM.
I'm not terribly familiar with those slidery windows I think you mean (they basically don't exist here, except in very old trains =) .. is it wrong when the bar isn't in the middle?

Hm .. yeah I guess if we assume this is a "slide a pane up and down" type of window, then yes, it would have to be more in the middle. But we don't know! There are no handles or anything, so we can just as well assume it's a "tilt a pane in our out" window, or even a plain old "has hinges at the side" window. Those would work with the bar at any height =P

ETA: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CEL34luO-...chenfenster.jpg -- this is actually quite practical for kitchens (the bottom part is unopenable since there will inevitably be stuff in front of it). Something like that?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 8:44 PM
Update: I noticed and subsequently fixed the gap in the inner frame of the tall window. Updated the zip.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.