Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Tile Panels ‒ Sparkling/Gristle

by plasticbox Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 8:39 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2015 at 3:44 AM by plasticbox

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 9:18 AM
I love the versatility of this, Thank You
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 1:23 PM
These uploads (Modular Tile Panels) are excessively nice!! Many thanks, Plasticbox! And you know how to transform the already rather high quality EAxis items into very high quality ones! What would we do without you? :lovestruc
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 3:31 PM
Genius, pure Genius. Thank you so much. I wait for you to post new objects and fixes. They are always so appropriate and useful.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 11:56 PM
These are awesome! I recently tried to do something similar with my glass subway tiles (using a sticker/decal) but the lighting changed on every panel and it just looked weird. :/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
the lighting changed on every panel and it just looked weird. :/

Yeah that's what happens when one would use the default settings for objects. I tested various different shaders for this, Cabinets was the only one I found that worked reasonably well (Counters is rendered far too dark; Walls results in a red flashing mess that is possible to repair to some extent but still leaves the problem that the only option in Build Mode is "Remove Wall". See this thread for how to change shaders if you have already made your objects -- one may also want to adjust the specular strength for the non-burnt material definitions (on walls this is modulated separately for in- and outdoor rendering, for the tile walls it was 2 for indoor -- so in these objects I used 1 instead of 0,5 which is default for objects, to make them similarly glossy as the equivalent walls).

You're also welcome to clone these of course.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 11:24 AM
:lovestruc Thanks again :lovestruc
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 3:05 AM
These are just the best thing ever for my walls. Thank you.
Instructor
#9 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You're also welcome to clone these of course.

Thank you! I'll give it a shot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd May 2015 at 11:00 AM
me encanta gracias
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th May 2015 at 10:46 PM
Hi PlasticBox, I had a little problem with that. I put them in my kitchen and suddently my sims were not able to cook (when asked to cook - autonomous cook was OK)
They took what they needed from the fridge but could not cook. I take one pannel of just to see if it was because they felt there was no more available counter to use, and it worked again.
My sims was able to cook on the one counter with no tile pannel behind.
I try to add the pannel back on the wall and had the same problem again so I think I'll just let you know because it seems to have something to do with the pannel

(I hope I'm understandable - if not please feel free to ask)

- ViVie. -
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th May 2015 at 7:42 AM
That's .. odd. Which game version / EPs / GPs do you have? Also, are these Maxis counters (which ones?)?
The panels are cloned from a painting, and I've never heard or seen that paintings would interfere with counters. But there are circumstances where even Maxis items will interfere in ways they shouldn't so if we can find out what is causing this exactly, I could e.g. reference a different footprint. Thanks for the heads-up!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2015 at 8:33 PM
I cannot repro that issue with any of the tile panels I made. I tested both cooking and Make-Dinner-ing, see screenshot for what the kitchen looked like (these are bog standard Maxis counters in case they don't look familiar, and I made her cook several times after swapping out the panels, hence why there's those additional salads).

This is in 1.5.149.

If you post a screenshot and your specs, maybe we can figure out what issue you are having there.
Screenshots

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 4:26 PM
love these aswell :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 3:07 PM
Lovely
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 7:44 PM
Thanks for this! I really love, not just this, but every single item you upload for our games. Such great work! Is there a possibility of making this modular panels with the wood wallpapers in the game? Cause it'll be great to use it to have more versatile wainscot.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:10 PM
Yes, that's certainly possible. Please post in Create if you need help with that.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Mar 2023 at 8:16 AM
To my immense astonishment, this still shows up in game, as of version 1.93.146.1020. I fully expected it to disappear when you placed it, but nope, shows up just fine! Thanks Pbox!