Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:20 PM
The men in my life are WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), while the women in my life are layered like onions. (Some are true treasures underneath, and some are not.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Advertisement
#27 Old 2nd May 2015 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
So men are all alike?

No, but you can sort them out much easier. Guys aren't deep, and they tend to be blunt. Except for the "users", but even the users you can figure them out pretty quickly.

Girls are far more crafty and say things to get you to think of them as one way, even if they're the other.

And girls expect you to read them when they're being subtle. I suck as reading subtle. For example, I thought I was having a polite conversation with this girl I was really interested in. As I was leaving she asked "Are you circumcised?" I wasn't sure if I heard her right. "What?!"

"Apparently, the only way I'm ever going to find out is by asking." she blurted with clear frustration.

I went home thinking, I must have missed something that she said.

Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
The men in my life are WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), while the women in my life are layered like onions. (Some are true treasures underneath, and some are not.)

I've met too many onions. Onions make you cry.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 2nd May 2015 at 11:16 PM
I think men are just as complex as women, but each PROCESSES things differently - emotional things, and the body language and nuances that go along with them. Some guys are better at it, some are clueless - Famous quote: Men are stupid; women are crazy. And the reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 3rd May 2015 at 2:37 AM
I think the biggest difference isn't biology, it's socialized. Women are socialized not to be blunt and men are. Men aren't socialized to pay attention to other peoples' emotions as much as women are. So you're not dealing with a bunch of mysterious, conniving people, you're dealing with people who are too nervous to/can't say things right out and you don't have the social toolkit to figure out what they mean. Good news is, you can easily learn how to read women, and we can learn to be jerks.
#30 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:47 AM
I disagree. Women have a larger corpus callosum - the part of the brain that bridges the two halves of the brain. The brains of men and women tend to be physically different.

I've always been terrible about reading women. I just get to the "wrath of a woman scorned" part and never realize that, in my wildest dreams to NOT scorn her, I've scorned her!

Four? Maybe more other times I wasn't sure what these other women was talking about. But I parsed the words and made replies. Then she gets all mad and I had a slight glimmer... were we talking about woohoo?! How could I have MISSED that? I had woohoo on my mind all the time, and WOOSH!!

Until I met my soon to be wife, that is. She was so blunt about it that even I could figure it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 3rd May 2015 at 12:46 PM
That's like saying that women are better runners than men because they have smaller bladders. The corpus callosum pretty much facilitates communication between the two halves of the brain and that's it. Yes, there are gender differences in it, but that has nothing to do with social skills, as the social skill parts are located closer to the front of the brain.

And considering that an underdeveloped corpus callosum makes you more likely to have seizures, less control over your body movements, Strangelove Syndrome and so on, if the size did have an effect on men, you would all be very physically inferior to women.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 4th May 2015 at 7:41 PM
Oh dear, we shall never all agree on the management of the sexes. I prefer to take the path of 'do as you would be done by' and tend to ignore gender. To over analyse each gender is the way of madness .... In my humble opinion.
#33 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Oh dear, we shall never all agree on the management of the sexes. I prefer to take the path of 'do as you would be done by' and tend to ignore gender. To over analyse each gender is the way of madness .... In my humble opinion.

Ignore gender? But, women are so wonderful to look at and hold?!

Over analyze? I still don't understand women and I'm too darned old for it to matter anymore. I'm about as straight as straight gets. I'm so straight, I'm not at all threatened at having gay guy friends; at least I can figure most of them out, at least the ones who aren't catty. Lots of 'em are interesting and intelligent people. The problem is that women see you being chums with a guy guy and figure you're gay too and tell every other woman who's you've ever known about it... It doesn't help that I'm stupid when it come to reading women, either.
Theorist
#34 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:18 PM
Hmmm, if you don't understand women, but you can figure out gay guys, then maybe hugbug is right about the differences you see being socialization rather than biology? Reason being I've read many articles and studies years apart that have said that gay male brains are more physically similar to hetero female brains, likewise lesbian women's brains are more physically similar to hetero male brains. Everyone has their own unique personality and processes information their own way, anyway.

For me, there is only one woman I really need to understand anyway, the one I'm married to!

I have learned that I can't take something from the "Funny pics" thread on a male-dominated automotive forum and post it here where there are a lot of female members. It may get a lot of "Thanks" and lulz there, but here it gets nothing but disagrees.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:58 PM
The reason women are conditioned to shave body hair is from a Gillette company advertising blitz in the 1920s. Seriously. Before that, the only thing women really worried about was their face, and plucking the hairs out was the preferred method.
Alchemist
#36 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:56 PM
I like my manly legs as smooth as sandpaper.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#37 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:58 PM
If God wanted me hairless in certain places, I would be and I already was since before becoming an adolescent. I'm not trying to revert backwards to looking hairless because to me my hair is like my badge of physical maturity. I am a woman, not a kid. And yes that is quite controversial between those who feel differently. But all it is, is how I feel about myself and others can do as they please...I do not care. The only time I would care is if I had a significant other, but even then they do what they want, as I am not one to dictate. However I am sure the conversation would come up way before tying the knot about our similarities and differences about our own thoughts. I feel like this: I am beautiful just the way God created me and if a man cannot accept what a real woman looks like in all her natural beauty, then forget him. Just makes it so much easier to know they are superficial, therefore only care about appearances of what a woman is "supposed" to look like according to them.

The reason why I feel some are self-conscious, have low self-esteem, etc is because they believe what they see on tv/movies/commercials-advertisements/magazines/etc. Some think if they do not look this specific way, no one is going accept them. That goes for both females and males to put pressure on themselves to look a certain way based on others opinions-society/media of how they should look. Obviously not all fall for that glam and glitter but some do. While others may do it because it is for their own purposes and not about feeling pressured into a particular presentation.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:05 PM
As a guy, I'm not fussed what women do with their body hair, nor what men do etc.

As for myself, eh, I'll just let my back hair, chest hair, armpit hair, butt hair, beard, long head hair, arm hair, hand hair, finger hair, feet hair, etc tell you what I think about shaving body hair :-P.

Although I do get my gardening tools on my beard from time to time to trim it a little so it doesn't stand out.

The worst part of it though is my dang head hair, you have no idea what it is like to wake up in the morning to have to spend half hour just getting knots out your hair so your hair isn't pointing here there and everywhere. Trust me, it is not fun and hurts, a lot!
#39 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
The worst part of it though is my dang head hair,

Head hair... ? Oh yeah. I seem to recall something on my head besides sunburn and skin... I think it was hair now that you mention it.

This world is not kind to men with a shiny dome. Nor is the Sun.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 16th May 2015 at 1:24 AM
I was lucky in the sense I got/get to keep my hair, but the problem is by the age of 15 it started going grey, by 22 I had an almost complete head of grey hair
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th May 2015 at 3:53 PM Last edited by Feelthewaltz : 17th May 2015 at 12:11 PM.
I'm mostly indifferent. My hair grows so quickly if i shave my armpits in the morning you can see them coming through when i go to bed. Its nice having fast hair growing for the head department, i never mind changing it up but its an utter pain keeping up with the under arms. My boyfriend prefers me to be my natural fur ball self but i feel better with smooth arm pits personally. As for men, i've always preferred a hairy man which makes me laugh as my boyfriend is mostly hairless apart from his head. He has one literal chest hair who we've named Jeff :D
Theorist
#42 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:51 PM
Just noticed this morning my coworker has a unibrow. I had a unibrow as a pre-teen. I hated it, so I plucked it so often, by the time I became a teen, it quit growing back and I haven't had to pluck it since.
Now, I don't care what he does or doesn't do, but personally I think unibrows look bad and if it were me, I would pluck it, like I did so many years ago.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Feelthewaltz
I'm mostly indifferent. My hair grows so quickly if i shave my armpits in the morning you can see them coming through when i go to bed. Its nice having fast hair growing for the head department, i never mind changing it up but its an utter pain keeping up with the under arms. My boyfriend prefers me to be my natural fur ball self but i feel better with smooth arm pits personally. As for men, i've always preferred a hairy man which makes me laugh as my boyfriend is mostly hairless apart from his head. He has one literal chest hair who we've named Jeff :D

The one-chest-hair got me... My husband has very few chest hairs but they are LONG. He has a 4" hair that grow out of a lower rib-area that I keep trying to grab. And the tuft of long hair around his NIPPLES - I find fascinating/disgusting. Men are so odd...it isn't so much that the hair on their head disappears, it just MOVES to their ears and nose. Bodies, so wonderful.

Mad Poster
#44 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Just noticed this morning my coworker has a unibrow. I had a unibrow as a pre-teen. I hated it, so I plucked it so often, by the time I became a teen, it quit growing back and I haven't had to pluck it since.
Now, I don't care what he does or doesn't do, but personally I think unibrows look bad and if it were me, I would pluck it, like I did so many years ago.

Yet in some cultures it's considered beautiful (India? Old Rome?)

Mad Poster
#45 Old 19th May 2015 at 10:47 PM
Ah dammit. This thread reminded me that I forgot to shave my armpits.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#46 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:40 PM
I don't like having body hair at all. I always feel a little gross/sweaty when I have hair everywhere.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:47 AM
Somebody disagrees that some cultures consider "unibrow" beautiful? Or you just think it's erky?
I guess I'm just old; wild pubs should be trimmed, stray pubic hair should be shaved if it show around your shorts, bathing suit. But WAXING the whole thing? I have it on good authority that women even have all of their pubic area, including butt, waxed. And some guys? What's THAT all about!!!

Theorist
#48 Old 26th May 2015 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Somebody disagrees that some cultures consider "unibrow" beautiful? Or you just think it's erky?

Wasn't me, grammapat, but I did find it rather surprising any culture could consider a unibrow to be beautiful!
And of course, you're right. According to Wikipedia, unibrows are considered beautiful in Tajikistan.
https://matter0fact.files.wordpress...w-gone-wild.jpg <-- ummm, no thanks.

Resident wet blanket.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:21 PM
Body hair is natural including unibrows. Whether wild or maintained.

There is always going to be someone in the world to find someone else beautiful just the way they are. I love being natural: No make-up,, no fake nails, no fake hair, no fake eyelashes, no colored eye contacts, no breast implants, no plastic surgery, etc. What you see is what you get. Should I ever find the one to love me and all of me, then I know he accepts me just the way I am. Body hair and all, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:41 PM
Technically, men are made from the DNA of women. All fetuses start out female, but later on the beginnings of the female organs revert and become male. Unless you meant you're a transman?
Page 2 of 3