Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixed and Updated "Working Bulletin Board"

by Arsil Posted 18th Oct 2014 at 10:17 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2014 at 9:22 AM by Arsil

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:20 PM
I don't think I ever saw the original workboard, but this is a really neat idea! I can see using it in my games to keep track of what I'm doing in that particular game. (Particularly since I tend to play multiple games at a time.) (And I'm addicted to parentheses too. Hi, Arsil!)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:45 AM
Get Out Of My Freaking Head! I was just thinking of downloading the original mod yesterday because I thought it would be useful in the game I'm playing right now. I read in the comment of the original mod saying it didn't work with the latest patch and was slightly sad about that,figuring that no one was probably going to update it. Wow! thanks so much for updating this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:41 PM
Awesome! Unfortunately, I'd never heard of the original mod - but honestly, just the other day I'd wished the bulletin board was more USEFUL. (I think that about nearly every décor item. Also, I like parenthesis too.) And now the board actually is! Thanks so much!
Now, I can easily keep track of the fathers (of my baby mama) in-game in the Pregnant Challenge/Child Support Challenge I'm trying to play. xP
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:19 PM
Thank you so much for updating this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 4:13 PM
Love it, thanks for reviving this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:55 PM
I always wondered why that Corkboard froze my game up! Thought it was my fault. Never knew about the original mod either. Now I know about both so thanks for that and thanks for updating this mod. I will be adding it to my game asap! :-)
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 4:27 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 21st Oct 2014 at 4:29 AM. Reason: Posted this as a feedback post by accident. This is a 'Big Thanks! Its perfect!
Oh, Thank you so much for updating this! I loved the original mod and was so sad it didn't work for such a long time! You are the best!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:43 PM
Sorry to say but the Bulletin Board (when selected in Buy Mode) still freezes my game with this mod installed. I have no idea why. Anyone else having this problem? :-)
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:13 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
Sorry to say but the Bulletin Board (when selected in Buy Mode) still freezes my game with this mod installed. I have no idea why. Anyone else having this problem? :-)

Hey Sarah! (DeeSim from Nraas here )
It works great in my game, although I didn't have the old one in there so I had no remnants of the old mod to deal with. I guess you cleared all your caches (including all thumbnail caches in the Thumbnails folder) and world caches before starting right?
The old mod was a bit flakey so make sure all traces of it is gone. Start a new save or test game without this mod or the old one. Make sure you're choosing the Forest Fresh Corkboard in Base Game/Decor Misc. If the Decor tab has too much stuff and takes ages to load in Buy Mode, look in the Base Game Collection file if you have it and look in there. Place the Coarkboard on a wall and make sure its the default one (shouldn't have any interactions on it except 'view'). That way you know the mod isn't present. Then install this new one again, clear all caches, start game and then try and buy the corkboard again and test interactions.
Let me know how you get on
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 5:11 PM
Thanks desiree101.

I updated the description, maybe it wasn't clear that the old mod isn't needed.
Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Thanks desiree101.

I updated the description, maybe it wasn't clear that the old mod isn't needed.

That's okay, although I just noticed after reading again that people who had the freezing game issue said they didn't know about or have the old mod, so I can't think what else could be causing their problems - the default corkboard is just a decor basegame item, isn't it?
Anyway, Thanks again for rescuing this little gem - and its so much better now making each board have their own messages!
It works perfectly
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Hey Sarah! (DeeSim from Nraas here )
It works great in my game, although I didn't have the old one in there so I had no remnants of the old mod to deal with. I guess you cleared all your caches (including all thumbnail caches in the Thumbnails folder) and world caches before starting right?
The old mod was a bit flakey so make sure all traces of it is gone. Start a new save or test game without this mod or the old one. Make sure you're choosing the Forest Fresh Corkboard in Base Game/Decor Misc. If the Decor tab has too much stuff and takes ages to load in Buy Mode, look in the Base Game Collection file if you have it and look in there. Place the Coarkboard on a wall and make sure its the default one (shouldn't have any interactions on it except 'view'). That way you know the mod isn't present. Then install this new one again, clear all caches, start game and then try and buy the corkboard again and test interactions.
Let me know how you get on

Hi Dee! I thought it was you. :-)
I never tried the old mod and I did clear the four usual caches BUT I didn't clear out the Thumbnails folder. I've been playing this game for over five years and I can't believe I never knew about clearing that one out! So thanks for that tip! I will try it again and let you know what happens. :-)
Scholar
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:05 PM
Hi Dee! I thought it was you. :-)
I never tried the old mod and I did clear the four usual caches BUT I didn't clear out the Thumbnails folder. I've been playing this game for over five years and I can't believe I never knew about clearing that one out! So thanks for that tip! I will try it again and let you know what happens. :-)

It is always recommended when playing custom worlds (which is all I play) to clean out the WorldCaches and thumbnail caches as well as the 4 usual caches before each startup as they utilise buymode items/thumbnails differently, I don't know how or why, they just do lol.
If you use Dashboard (click 'File>View Cache Info), that can be used to clear ALL caches all at once without going into each folder.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
It is always recommended when playing custom worlds (which is all I play) to clean out the WorldCaches and thumbnail caches as well as the 4 usual caches before each startup as they utilise buymode items/thumbnails differently, I don't know how or why, they just do lol.
If you use Dashboard (click 'File>View Cache Info), that can be used to clear ALL caches all at once without going into each folder.

It didn't work I'm afraid. Tried a brand new game with and without the mod, clearing all caches each time. Selecting the corkboard in Buy Mode freezes the game every time. It's obviously something wrong with my game and not this mod's fault so not to worry. Thanks for your help anyway Dee! :-)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:26 AM
Thanks!
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:44 AM
It didn't work I'm afraid. Tried a brand new game with and without the mod, clearing all caches each time. Selecting the corkboard in Buy Mode freezes the game every time. It's obviously something wrong with my game and not this mod's fault so not to worry. Thanks for your help anyway Dee! :-)

That's a shame it won't work
I wonder why? It must be something else as the original board is just a base game decor item, not cc. The mod just makes it functional.
Ah, well I hope you can figure out what the issue is and try again, its such a useful, fun item
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 4:49 PM
Thanks for this :)
Field Researcher
#19 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:04 AM
I'm gonna try this out, I will return if anything comes up.
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 4:56 PM

I think this item comes with sims 3 uni, Maybe thats why it's not working?
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 5:10 PM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Nov 2014 at 5:33 PM.
Nope, it's a basegame item. In the meantime she solved the problem (another mod was responsible).
Scholar
#22 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 11:32 PM
@Arsil @Sarah_Sims

I'm having the same freezing issue. Would you mind sharing what mod was causing the issue/how to solve it?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 6:23 AM Last edited by Arsil : 2nd Dec 2014 at 8:02 AM.
So Many Shiftables! And a little more by heaven (heaven_ClutterWallCorkboardShiftable.package in particular).

There's a workaround to keep that mod and avoid the freezing (it's a bit risky though, you may forget about it
and freeze your game again losing your progress): if you select the corkboard from the catalog without, how
can I say? without choosing the presets (the little thumbnails under the object's description) and "directly dragging
the icon from the catalog to the world" then you can place it without freezing the game. Sorry, maybe I'm not
able to explain that clearly, if you don't understand what I mean try reading the comments of that mod.

To be fair to the author of that mod, I don't think that the mod itself is bugged, this seems more a problem
of the game itself and may happen when selecting other objects too from the catalog (at least reading the
comments of that mod, it never happened to me).
Scholar
#24 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:41 PM
Hmm, yeah, I understand what you're saying. Thanks for the tip, but knowing me it probably is a bit too risky. Guess it'll have to be an either/or then

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:24 PM Last edited by pepoluan : 21st Dec 2014 at 2:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
So Many Shiftables! And a little more by heaven (heaven_ClutterWallCorkboardShiftable.package in particular).

There's a workaround to keep that mod and avoid the freezing (it's a bit risky though, you may forget about it
and freeze your game again losing your progress): if you select the corkboard from the catalog without, how
can I say? without choosing the presets (the little thumbnails under the object's description) and "directly dragging
the icon from the catalog to the world" then you can place it without freezing the game. Sorry, maybe I'm not
able to explain that clearly, if you don't understand what I mean try reading the comments of that mod.

To be fair to the author of that mod, I don't think that the mod itself is bugged, this seems more a problem
of the game itself and may happen when selecting other objects too from the catalog (at least reading the
comments of that mod, it never happened to me).

Thanks, Arsil! I had used the same "shiftable" mod, and indeed have been experiencing the freezes if I click on the object in the catalog. I'll try the suggested workaround (drag direct to room) and report back.

Edit: It works! Thanks!

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Page 1 of 2