Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Pet peeves with non-CC game: "OK, let's build. I like this color of brown. This matches, this looks great, this looks fine, this ... OK. WHY doesn't this even vaguely match? It's not even close!"

And hence the need for recolors. Lots of 'em.

The animals in Pets ... agreed. There are so many other animals EA could have added. I would have liked the turtles! (Pouts.)

Mrs. Crumplebottom and friends. Certain NPCs can strike fear into my heart. Good thing I can ban 'em most of the time.

The blocky nature of so many Maxis hairstyles.

Oh, pet peeves like these make me appreciate CC creators even more!

I hate how the stainless appliances in the base game don't match, yet the cheaper ones do.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 6:15 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Oct 2014 at 7:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
I hate how the stainless appliances in the base game don't match, yet the cheaper ones do.

I've never played base game, but there are a cheaper stainless dishwasher and garbage disposal that match, although at first this isn't apparent. I don't know their names offhand, but they both have a blue name sticker on them. I think there might even be a matching fridge. They're not grouped the same as the later models though, so it's not obvious.

Here, these things:

I'm pretty sure the fridge isn't base game, but the other three might be. I'm not really sure. They all have the blue buttons.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:35 AM
Only the trash compacter is base game, the others there came with an EP or SP.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:41 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 15th Oct 2014 at 5:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
... I'm pretty sure the fridge isn't base game, but the other three might be. I'm not really sure. They all have the blue buttons.

Actually - this whole 'set' came with Freetime. And, yes, it is a set. It comes in stainless, red, green, and blue.

I wish they had matched the earlier items better in color/tone. The BG stove (value set), dishwasher, and trash compacter, do NOT match. Recolorists to the rescue ...again!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#30 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:49 PM
My pet peeve is how easily you can corrupt your game if you don't know what you're doing. Other peeves include; only one last name when you're creating a household, inability to change surnames without an outside program, and the crappy social workers,
Field Researcher
#31 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 6:37 PM
That there isn't a simple option to break off a relationship between two sims at any time regardless of the state of the relationship. Would it really have been so hard to include that rather than having to resort to cheating or waiting for ages for the relationship to drop low enough? I tried 2 mods neither of which worked so I had to resort to cheating to have a quick breakup, blegh.

Also constantly turning build cheats on and off as I need them like snapping objects to the grid, I really miss TS3 where you can just press alt.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 6:43 PM
First of all, don't get me wrong. The Sims 2 is an excellent game and if Ultimate Collection is ever released on disc I would instantly add it to my gift wish list.

Things nobody's mentioned yet:
- Vastly different sims reacting exactly the same way with others/NPCs. Let's say an extremely sassy teen on a date gets lectured by Ms. Crumplebottom, why would they cringe when they could just fire back at her? The date might not end well, but it would serve her right. (At least I think it would.) Or, for that matter, sims that avoid fights/disagreements at all costs.

- One kid getting one "F" report card on an unmodded game summons a social worker who takes it out on the parents and takes all their children younger than teenagers. Yes, I realize what the game designers were trying to teach here, however it seems a bit harsh compared to what could have been coded as requiring to pay for extra after-school tutoring. And on the same subject that teens are more worried over Ds than Fs.

- If someone has a toddler they don't bother teaching toddler skills, when they grow up and start walking, talking, and using the toilet by osmosis. One would think that would be a lot more important than the grades thing.

- That aspirations don't clash more, like a fortune sim being upset when their teen children (or even significant other they thought they knew) don't get jobs right away while a knowledge sim is unhappy to see their other family member buy stuff so much.

- Every restaurant serves the same thing at the same price (at least with the expansions I have). "Yeah I'll order the Lobster Thermidor" at a bowling alley. The Downtown in Sims 1 at least got this one right, even if that game only had generic food.

- A sim throws a party, makes drinks at the bar and some form of irrestible food (ex.: turkey, salmon, calls for pizza), has plenty of games and things to do at hand, while the guests immediately raid the refrigerator for chips and soda. (I've been known to temporarily put the refrigerator into a host's inventory for the party just to avoid this.)

- Everyone of the same age is the same height. I've only played Sims 1 and Sims 2, but when I learned they haven't even figured this out for Sims 4; aargh.

This is enough beating up on a wonderful game by me for one day.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaytee95
- Every restaurant serves the same thing at the same price (at least with the expansions I have). "Yeah I'll order the Lobster Thermidor" at a bowling alley. The Downtown in Sims 1 at least got this one right, even if that game only had generic food.

And if one does a dine and dash and gets caught, the hostess only lectures the person and makes them pay. No EA, I want to see a dramatic scene with deputies showing up and arresting the diner and dasher like in real life.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 4:38 AM
Probably the serious lack of cockatiels and bunnies. I mean real bunnies with long ears, and not the dog-bunnies from downloads on this site. Also, fruits are apparently inedible unless juiced or stocked in the fridge. And of course... the spells. You can make a sim act like a chicken, but you can't turn a sim into a chicken. Nor can you cast a spell that turns everyone in the cathedral into a chicken... except yourself of course!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neon_wild
Also constantly turning build cheats on and off as I need them like snapping objects to the grid, I really miss TS3 where you can just press alt.

Do you have a cheat file? I put things on an angle simply using the < > keys, move objects is just 'mon', CFE is simply 'flooron' etc like that. You don't have to suffer through typing out those cheats in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee95

Have a sim buy the bowling alley and take lobster off the menu and just serve burgers and hot dogs or whatever you want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#36 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by telemwill
My pet peeve is that aspirations can't be added to the game. I feel that there is an important one missing, which would be some type of altruistic aspiration. It would be good to have a Sim who was focused on making the world a better place.

You could always have your wealthier families hand out gifts of quality fruit/vegetables, unwanted household appliances and furniture, etc, to that poor Ottomas family who live in that horrible rundown shack by the Pleasantview woods - no promises that crazy ol' Dora won't attack you when you dare to step on her property, however
Link Ninja
#37 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:10 AM
When sims can't both sleep in a double bed that has one side in a corner. it could free up a lot of space in the room if a sim could just crawl over their bed-partner or get out of the bed through the leg end.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#38 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
When sims can't both sleep in a double bed that has one side in a corner. it could free up a lot of space in the room if a sim could just crawl over their bed-partner or get out of the bed through the leg end.

I have a mod for that, since that really irritated me as well. Especially when replicating the homes of people I know in real life.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Sleeping.htm
Link Ninja
#39 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
I have a mod for that, since that really irritated me as well. Especially when replicating the homes of people I know in real life.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Sleeping.htm

well hot dog! Thanks, friend

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#40 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 6:19 AM Last edited by jodemilo : 17th Oct 2014 at 11:10 PM.
A couple of peeves re toddler interactions I remembered from playing tonight: 1 - when someone goes to the bookshelf to read a book to a toddler, and by they time they've selected the book and come back to the infant it's off doing something else! So you cancel out what it's going to do, by which time the adult goes back to the bookshelf and we have to start all over again. Grrr.
Secondly, when someone is trying to do a sequence of interactions with a toddler, and the kid stands up (then usually rotates in a different direction) and sits down between each one. Sooo tedious waiting. (
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 6:50 AM
I love toddlers, but yes that read a book dance is a big peeve of mine.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#42 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 1:37 PM
The read a book is a pain because they do it so often and when they have low motives.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have a cheat file? I put things on an angle simply using the < > keys, move objects is just 'mon', CFE is simply 'flooron' etc like that. You don't have to suffer through typing out those cheats in full.

No I never knew of such a thing, thanks!! Still not perfect but much better than what I'm currently doing, I'm going to check that out right now.
Inventor
#44 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 2:32 PM
Another peeve I just thought of... when a child brings another child home from school and it's ALWAYS the same child (a non-playable), and rarely ever one of the many playable children I have in the hood. In my case the visitor is usually a child called Melody Kody. This is why i do toddlers, kids and teens clubs for my playables.... I teleport them all in and FORCE them to meet!
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XXS
- Everything feels very "caged in" and in that way it's a lot like the first game. The Sims 2 is still a vast (and obvious) improvement on The Sims but it's a loading screen for each lot. I played the original games again recently and I laughed at how limiting it all felt and I was definitely wearing rose tinted glasses thinking back on The Sims. But it was a big part of Sims history and I was still sucked in at the time. And it brought us The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.

Do you want your game to crash? Loading screens are there for a good reason, even ts3 has loading screens when opening the neighbourhoods, but you have to understand that 2009 is much more ahead than 2004, and the computers back then needed a lot of support to prevent crashes.
You need to actually play the game for a bit and not load it up and turn it off again.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:37 PM
I love Sims2 but it peeves and frankly, rather irks me in the way the game handles pregnant sims. I know in real life there are some difficult pregnancies and I would not make a small matter of that. But sims not being able to leave their lot after a bump, oh my. Pregnancy does not, as a rule, make you fragile. This is not a rant but sometimes I do wonder what was somebody thinking. I suppose it was to make sure the sim was on the lot at birth. Also the fast motives drops seem extreem to me.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
Another peeve I just thought of... when a child brings another child home from school and it's ALWAYS the same child (a non-playable), and rarely ever one of the many playable children I have in the hood. In my case the visitor is usually a child called Melody Kody. This is why i do toddlers, kids and teens clubs for my playables.... I teleport them all in and FORCE them to meet!

TwoJeff's School bus mod here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0 Lets you choose if you want your child/teen to bring the other child/teen home from school. It also tends to choose playable children/teens more than non-playables.
Instructor
#48 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:13 PM
My new biggest pet peeve is with this blonde Pleasantview kid with a red shirt randomly calling new residents I just think "who the hell are you and why the hell are you calling me?" He just calls and hangs up, now forever lurking in the sim's relationship panel.
Inventor
#49 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
My new biggest pet peeve is with this blonde Pleasantview kid with a red shirt randomly calling new residents I just think "who the hell are you and why the hell are you calling me?" He just calls and hangs up, now forever lurking in the sim's relationship panel.

No doubt he's what we call in the UK a "heavy breather". Yay, stalkers!
Instructor
#50 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:38 PM
The thing that used to annoy me a lot before I modded it out was the constant attempts of all of my Sims to feed the baby even if it's full. Unfortunately, now I have a similar problem with Servoes and toddlers.
Page 2 of 272