Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated: Hair Equality for Children 02

by plasticbox Posted 8th Oct 2014 at 10:10 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2015 at 8:09 PM by plasticbox

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 9:25 AM
Awesome!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 11:37 AM
I have thanked and favored your "Hair Equality" but I have a question:

When I make a sim boy or girl in CAS the haircolour on the sims changes to a random colour after I have made my choice of colour. The same thing happens with the hairstyle. I can make my choice stick, but doing so demands doing the same tasks more than one time sometimes more than two and even more than three times. It does not happen always, so I wonder if it is a bug or hairstyle or outfit related? Do you have any idea what could cause this?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 4:42 PM
Not sure what you are describing .. to make a choice "stick" you need to be in Everyday (not Sleep/Party/etc wear). That is default game behaviour. Is that what you're seeing maybe?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Not sure what you are describing .. to make a choice "stick" you need to be in Everyday (not Sleep/Party/etc wear). That is default game behaviour. Is that what you're seeing maybe?

Nope. I am always in everyday when I create the sim. Then I check the other outfit categories to make sure that the hairstyle and haircolour chosen in everyday are chosen for these as well. When I am sure the basics are the same in all categories I return to everyday and start dressing the sim. When I am done dressing the sim in everyday I continue with the other categories, and now the "bug" begins. Allthough I made sure that the hairstyle and haircolor was the same in these categories all of a sudden I get a different hairstyle and/or colour in one and more often in several of these categories. So far this only happens with children, and when it does getting the hairstyle and/or haircolour in that category to be the same as in everyday is not easy. Even when it seems to stick it sometimes doesn't. So I have to try once more. I have also noticed that when the bug begings sometimes the eyecolours changes as well.
Example: I choose red hair colour, short hairstyle and blue eyes in everyday and then I make sure the sim has these features in all categories. After dressing the sim in everyday I go to formal and with the bug I now have a sim with green eyes, blue hair and/or long (or long or a different short) hairstyle.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:30 PM
And when you remove *only* my hairs (keeping all your other CC), this never happens, yes?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
And when you remove *only* my hairs (keeping all your other CC), this never happens, yes?

I am sorry to say this, but yes. I have however not made lots of children, so it is possible that it might. As I understand there has been several reports regarding a patch related bug/glitch with CAS, but as far as I can tell from the reports it is another bug. So far I have not had this bug/glitch without "your" hairs installed.

If it can be of any help I noticed that when I have the bug it sometimes helped to change the outfit. I have not been able to narrow it down to a specific outfit but something tells me that if the outfit is male-specific and the hair is "one of your converted from female-specific to unisex" what helps is an unisex outfit.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:59 PM
I cannot reproduce this, neither with nor without these hairs.

Maybe check out this thread in Help, someone else seems to have the same issue: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=538190

FYI, since you mention eyes: eyes with improper genetics can apparently cause all sorts of issues. I use the defaults by Helianthea which seem very well done in that regard (she's done a lot of research on that topic as you can probably tell by the post I linked in the Help thread).

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:21 PM
Thank for the feedback.

FYI since the new patch more and more people in the community are reporting about CAS issues in both type of CAS (the one you can access before entering game and the one you enter from in game). People are having issues with both males and females of all ages and also with the randomization as well as the age up both in CAS and in game. It is not only people using mods but also people not using (and never had) mods that are reporting about this. It seems to be all kind of generics including ageing on both NPC and sims that are affected,
So no, I do no longer connect the bug/glitch I am having with "your hair". I also do not connect it with custom made eyes. However I have downloaded the updated with a fix eyes from Helianthea hoping that the fix will at least stop some of the issues. Thanks for the link.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 2:29 PM
This is awesome!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 1:24 AM
Updated for 1.5.139.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:04 PM
Thanks for the quick update.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:50 AM
does this still work?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 7:08 AM
It's working fine for me. Are you having problems with it?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 10:02 PM
THANKS, VERY CUTE...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 8:51 PM
Thank u!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 2:47 AM
I love it <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 6:45 PM
awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 8:23 AM
What a wonderful thing to do! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:10 AM
Yay!