Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modern Effect

by triciamanly Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 6:01 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2014 at 9:50 PM by triciamanly

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:30 AM
It looks great, and pleasant to play too, thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:34 PM
hi, the house looks amazing! Quick question: how did you build the pool? It seems to be elevated, attached to the first story, I've been wanting to build a house like this forever.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XYZ1988
hi, the house looks amazing! Quick question: how did you build the pool? It seems to be elevated, attached to the first story, I've been wanting to build a house like this forever.

thanks for the comment and question. i got the idea from ekrubynaffit and i think she has a good response to this which i will look for and get back to you.

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
It looks great, and pleasant to play too, thanks!

lili, i hope you have some fun with it! thanks for the comment.

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:49 PM
Hi Anne, great house, thank you.
One of the links (FloorToCeilingShutter by millyana) takes you to your profile here at MTS. Which is correct? TSR or MTS? Can you correct it please

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
Hi Anne, great house, thank you.
One of the links (FloorToCeilingShutter by millyana) takes you to your profile here at MTS. Which is correct? TSR or MTS? Can you correct it please

So sorry about the link. I corrected the link to say millyana because I think that's what the description of the item says. Thanks so much for letting me know. Will try to remember in the future to fix that.

]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XYZ1988

I looked for ekrubynaffit's rooftop pool house but couldn't find it. Here it is in a nutshell how I did it:
Screenshots

]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
I looked for ekrubynaffit's rooftop pool house but couldn't find it. Here it is in a nutshell how I did it:

Here is the link to niol's version of RGiles' transparent tiles:

http://www.modthesims.info/download...5#startcomments

It's comment 130.

]
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:51 AM

THANK YOU! I will try to make it work
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:36 PM
So sorry about the link. I corrected the link to say millyana because I think that's what the description of the item says. Thanks so much for letting me know. Will try to remember in the future to fix that.
Thank you, Anne.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:27 PM
The elevated pool is amazing and I love your houses because they use things so out of the box like I was struck with awesome at seeing the booth chairs used in a residential home - I honestly never considered that before and always use dining tables and chairs instead of inter-connected seating but it's very charming and modern!

Still on my own house hunt unfortunately - found a few good ones but unlike Sims, I have to worry about radon, mold, and structural foundation issues.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
The elevated pool is amazing and I love your houses because they use things so out of the box like I was struck with awesome at seeing the booth chairs used in a residential home - I honestly never considered that before and always use dining tables and chairs instead of inter-connected seating but it's very charming and modern!

Still on my own house hunt unfortunately - found a few good ones but unlike Sims, I have to worry about radon, mold, and structural foundation issues.

Charmful! Thanks so much for writing. I wish you great luck on your real house hunt. If only it were as easy as finding a Sim house! Our kids want us to move to CA near them, but talk about expensive. My husband probably won't budge from here. I've had fun on trulia though. All the best!

]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 6:07 PM
Totally Modern perfect !!
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:10 PM
hi, I really love the design of this house and overall it's my favorite lot I've seen! I downloaded the lot by using the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, but the lot isn't appearing in the lot bin in any of the neighbors. I have all of the expansions, and use the Origin version of the Sims 2. I was wondering if there's a way to get the lot to appear in the lot bin. Thank you for making this awesome lot btw!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coviello7
hi, I really love the design of this house and overall it's my favorite lot I've seen! I downloaded the lot by using the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, but the lot isn't appearing in the lot bin in any of the neighbors. I have all of the expansions, and use the Origin version of the Sims 2. I was wondering if there's a way to get the lot to appear in the lot bin. Thank you for making this awesome lot btw!

Hi coviello, I'm so glad you like the house, but sorry it isn't showing up. I'm not exactly sure how you downloaded, so forgive me if I tell you stuff you already know. Here is my standard instruction: Be sure to save the lot in the Sims 2 Downloads folder. Find the little 3 book icon with the name of the lot on itl. Right click on it and choose Extract here. Wait a couple of seconds and a sims2pack icon of the lot will appear maybe at the bottom of your downloads list. Here is where you can use the Sims2Clean Installer to remove any cc you don't want by clicking on the sims2pack and choose open with. Save with a different name. Double left click on the saved file and the game installer will open. Click on install. Start the game and you should find the lot in the lot bin. Please let me know if I can help further. All the best!

]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:26 AM
works great many thanks m8 ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:20 PM
Stunning house as usual Anne, I love the pool, too!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:22 AM
The best looking 'modern' house I've seen yet. Good work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 5:21 AM
Fantastic! It's absolutely beautiful. Just what I had been looking for. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 6:36 PM
amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 5:34 PM
great house... love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 2:21 AM
Thanks! The house looks awesome!