Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots

by marka93 Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 2:29 PM

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:58 PM
Thank you for such an amazing tribute. I always used Moo's Mews in my hoods and never changed the names because they were cute and unique.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:49 PM
Thank you. I love her lots and I love reading all her posts - I have read so many of them in order to understand how to use the lot adjustor - I have always had her community lots in my game, but this is way better :) It's a great tribute, and I truly hope she knows about it somehow.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 5:28 PM
This is a wonderful tribute. Thank you, Marka.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 5:29 PM
What a wonderful tribute! I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I bet she's playing Sims up there.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:34 PM
What an excellent way to pay tribute to some of the best Sims 2 modders and community helpers in the world. Thank you for making this.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:29 PM
Goodness marka you were very fast, I was planning to play test my copy for you today.
Thank you for putting this tribute together, Mootilda will always be remembered fondly.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:53 AM
A perfect tribute to an amazing Sims 2 creator.

R.I.P. Mootilda. You will be greatly missed.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:51 AM
Nice tribute Marka
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:11 AM
Such a wonderful idea and a lovely tribute.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:26 PM
Thank you for making this and for making such a wonderful tribute to Mootilda. I download this and will live in their world with pride!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:40 AM
I think this would be even better if you included a Sim in this neighborhood that wore the Cow Mascot costume from University. Still, great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:44 AM
Thank you! and R.I.P. Mootilda :(
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:42 PM
So nice! It was a lovely thought that lead to you putting this tribute to Mootilda together, and I will play it thinking of her and the generous and immensely useful help and care she brought to the Sim's community.
Thank you very much!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:11 PM
This is a lovely tribute to Mootilda. I can't believe that she passed away.
R.I.P. Mootilda.
We will miss you all!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:13 PM
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:06 PM
Is there a special method for installation that is not in the installation directions in all posts? I ask because most neighborhoods can't be just put in the downloads folder or in the SC4 folder. Some are way more complicated than that. I love this tribute and have saved the file pending further information. I try not to get impatient because that often leads to terrible cleanup operations! I always enjoyed Mootilda's contributions and I'm certain we will miss her very much.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:11 PM
Nope not for this one you just place the M001 folder into your \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder and your good to go.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Nope not for this one you just place the M001 folder into your \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder and your good to go.

Thanks for your quick reply and for making this so easy to add to my neighborhoods. I love it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:35 AM
Aah this is a lovely idea, I'm sure she knows and is very pleased to have such a nice tribute to her.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:36 PM
A very sweet tribute.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 7:56 AM
This is a wonderful and thoughtful tribute to Mootilda :)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:49 PM
What a great tribute. A place for all of Mootilda's creations. Now all I need in my game is a huge statue of Mootilda's cow to place in the center of the neighborhood.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 5:47 PM
I think it's a wonderful idea for a tribute to mootilda. Actually mootilda's lots are the only ones I've ever downloaded. I just trusted her deep understanding of The Sims 2. So what could be better than a neighbourhood entirely built up from her lots? I'll warrant that there will be far fewer glitches with this 'hood than with any Maxis 'hood!

In many ways this was just what I wanted when I first started to play -- a neighbourhood with a good selection of well thought out residential and community lots, but no pre-made playables to worry about. In the event I only played Veronaville because I didn't want to have to build all my community lots from scratch. I don't want to give offence to all my friends in Veronaville, but I wish I'd had this 'hood to play instead.

So, even though I don't want to start playing a new 'hood just now, I think I'll download this one and use it the next time I want to start reasonably large 'hood without having to build everything.

Thanks marka93!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 8:09 AM
God Bless You Mootila
Page 1 of 2