Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wattle Grove Gated Community

by joandsarah77 Posted 11th Sep 2014 at 12:39 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2014 at 2:36 AM by joandsarah77

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:24 PM
Wow, really nice! It would be difficult to choose a decorating scheme, they all look so good!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:08 PM Last edited by karen lorraine : 12th Sep 2014 at 1:26 PM.
I love how this has turned out Jo.
Please could you attach the required images (top down) to the upload rather than photobucket please.

EDIT: Done, thank you

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:49 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 11th Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM. Reason: Smilies not working...
Whooooo-weee! It's up! ...and lookin' good
I don't ever DL other lots - I have too much fun building my own - but this one... this one is going in my game I have a nice place all picked out in BellaDonna Cove. And my Helena, who's getting pretty fed up with me for taking so long to get her house done; I think she's going to be the first to grab one of these apartments. Thanks, Jo!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:33 PM
This looks fantastic. As always, I appreciate your attention to details. My sims will definitely be renting these furnished.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:33 PM
I am definitely using this. It's wonderful, thank you so much!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
I love how this has turned out Jo.
Please could you attach the required images (top down) to the upload rather than photobucket please.

I might be confused as the top down image is attached, or do you mean the individual houses? Thanks for letting me know we can have 50 now. It told me I couldn't have any more but I think it was because I tried to load too many at a time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I might be confused as the top down image is attached, or do you mean the individual houses? Thanks for letting me know we can have 50 now. It told me I couldn't have any more but I think it was because I tried to load too many at a time.
Thank you for attaching the images, Jo

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:01 PM
Gaaah. I love this so much but I don't have all of the expansion and stuff packs :c
Good work though :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:29 PM
My first thought when I saw this lot was ... this is perfect for Belladona Cove, ... just like CatherineTCJD. The image perspectives were great too, and I enjoyed the frolicking kids as well. ~grins~. It is downloaded (or will be after I post this), but also thought I would point out your MATY link gives a 404 error. Thanks for sharing your creation, and yep, its a favorite of mine. Love your attention to detail and thanks for sharing your creativity with the rest of us!
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:45 PM
The apartment version doesn't really let you use the garage. When I try to place a car there it says it's out of bounds. It's treating the garage as if it's outside the house.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:40 PM
This is quite literally the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen- I saw it in the CFF (creator feedback forum) and I thought it was just gorgeous. I didn't see it posted until now and I'm so glad I saw it now.
I'm making my four/five families to live here and I'm quite excited to play this wonderful thing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM
I was able to fix the garage by changing the lot zoning to residential, adding a door to the garage from inside each house, and then changing it back to an apartment lot. It works great, but if anyone else wants to use the garages in the apartment version, they'll have to jump through a few hoops.

Great work, though. Really beautiful and is a nice change from the normal apartments and houses you see.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AustNerevar
I was able to fix the garage by changing the lot zoning to residential, adding a door to the garage from inside each house, and then changing it back to an apartment lot. It works great, but if anyone else wants to use the garages in the apartment version, they'll have to jump through a few hoops.

Great work, though. Really beautiful and is a nice change from the normal apartments and houses you see.

There should be no hoops to jump through. They should have already had a door and I tested the garage of the retro house as an apartment and it was working fine for me.

Was it every house, if not which house did this and did each house have a door from the garage into the house when you downloaded it? I'm wondering if for some reson just you is missing the garage doors. I thought though it was the same white door I used on the other areas of the houses.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 8:27 AM
This is gorgeous! Nicely done!
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There should be no hoops to jump through. They should have already had a door and I tested the garage of the retro house as an apartment and it was working fine for me.

Was it every house, if not which house did this and did each house have a door from the garage into the house when you downloaded it? I'm wondering if for some reson just you is missing the garage doors. I thought though it was the same white door I used on the other areas of the houses.

It was all four of the houses. And I haven't downloaded the Residential version of this lot so I can't speak as to how the garages work with it. But the Apartment version definitely had no interior doors to the garages in each house. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't tried to place a car in the garage. The garage was out of bounds because it was technically outside of the apartment and not connected to the house. It was an easy fix, but I just thought I'd drop a post here as some users might not know how to place doors in an apartment lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:38 AM
Thanks, I checked and re-uploaded the file with the doors added. They got removed during play testing and I uploaded the wrong copy. The apartment lot with garage doors has now been uploaded.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:55 AM
Quote:
Thanks, I checked and re-uploaded the file with the doors added. They got removed during play testing and I uploaded the wrong copy. The apartment lot with garage doors has now been uploaded.

Thanks! My girlfriend was interested in this lot and this will make it easier for her to get this lot started. Great creation, I'd like to see more of this kind of thing. Definitely an interesting lot.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
I LOVE this lot. Unfortunately I do not have the Ikea Expansion pack required to use this. Is there anyway that you could delete the ikea objects in this lot so that I could use this lot too? I know that this is a very tedious request...but it really would mean the world to me.

Thanks!
Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:33 AM
Omigosh, this was what the UC was made for -- lovely lots like these! But which do I want? Apartments to get myself to actually like them? Residential for an old-fashioned multi-family lot? Heck, I'll take both; I won't know which I'll want to use until the moment I have a use for it, most likely!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:46 AM
Just gorgeous! Love it :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:33 AM
hpeterson967, Ikea is just a stuff pack, all that should happen is the objects won't be there. Looking at your profile I don't see M&G. M&G does act like an EP so I can't guarantee that it won't crash if you don't have it installed.

Thankyou for all the comments.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:10 AM
COOL IDEA
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:34 AM
Can anyone get this to not lag? I've tried everything including getting rid of the Apartment Shopping mod and all community lot objects like the clothing racks, groceries, magazine, game, pet collars, coffee stand, ect. and it's not working. Has anyone here been able to play this lot smoothly? I have all Expansions and Stuff packs and a very nice computer.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:49 AM
Sorry you having bad lag Annything. Plants and fences are two of the major culprits in lot lag so I would remove those.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2