Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1789
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 457 (Who?), Viewed: 74891 times.
Search this Thread
Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:29 PM #51
Enjoji
Scholar

I didn't know Mootilda personally, but I did use some of her mods and saw her around the forums on occasion.... this is such sad, sad news; my deepest condolences go to her family and friends, and to all of those here on MTS who did know her on a personal level.. My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this terribly sad time... RIP Mootilda

"When in doubt, blame the kids..."
Queer, Black, Female - and proud of it!
Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:34 PM #52
jssimone
Lab Assistant

This breaks my heart. I will never forget how Mootilda went above and beyond to help me out with a custom hood a year or so ago, she was so kind and full of helpful advice.
Mootilda was a class act and I will miss her contributions tremendously.

RIP Mootilda, you made this particular lurker feel very accepted and I will miss knowing you are out there somewhere.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:38 PM #53
siletka
Top Secret Researcher

7 Achievements

Oh, no. This is awful. She was always so helpful and kind to everyone.

My condolences go out to her family. Rest in peace, dear.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:42 PM #54
FranH
Mad Poster

This is indeed very sad, and shocking. I have so many things by her in my game, and outside. She was a superb technical creator, and always very generous and helpful to everyone.

I don't think I ever saw her post anything mean or hurtful. She was a wonderful person, woman and simmer. I'm genuinely sad to know that we have lost a leading light in the community.

She will be missed so terribly much by many more people than she ever knew who loved her and her work.

I'm personally very grieved to hear of her death.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:43 PM #55
ani_
Mad Poster

16 Achievements

This is very sad
Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:43 PM #56
Sparklypotato
Inventor

13 Achievements

View My Journal

That's truly terrible news. She seemed such a wonderful person.

My thoughts are with her family and friends.

~Sparkle!~

<Sparkle> I'M A HOOKER POTATO WITH A SOMBRERO AND A WIG?

My new Simblr! ~ My Yearbook! ~ Random Legacy ~ TS2 legacy
Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:44 PM #57
gagafanu
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

RIP Mootida. Thank you for your amazingness

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Old 4th Sep 2014, 8:49 PM #58
InsaneVane
Test Subject

RIP Mootilda. I hope the hay is sweet and the water cool in the big cowshed in the sky.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 9:07 PM #59
SimBeatle1979
Lab Assistant

I'm both shocked and saddened by this news. Mootilda was an integral part of the Sims community. She will be missed by all of us here at MTS. Shall I download one of her creations in her memory?
Old 4th Sep 2014, 9:37 PM #60
imarock79
Lab Assistant

So sad. Prayers for her family.

We are a Mom and 19 year old Daughter who love Sims 2 and Sims 3 respectively, although she has been playing more of 2 lately.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:04 PM #61
Miss Shao Huan
Lab Assistant

4 Achievements

View My Journal

Rest in peace

"Knowledge is one part of the battle. Fireballs are the other part."
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:15 PM #62
JDacapo
Theorist

Didn't know her, and I think she only responded to a couple of my posts, but wow. I didn't even know she had cancer. My condolences to her family.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:16 PM #63
Pixelhate
Scholar

23 Achievements

View My Journal

Be well, now, wherever you are, Mootilda.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:18 PM #64
Betsy Marie D'Sastre
Test Subject

I can't believe this. She was so lovely and nice to everybody... Great loss for the world. Rest in peace
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:23 PM #65
shmovese
Forum Resident

hearing this news makes me really sad. i hope that her family gets well soon ... hopefully everyone concerned had a chance to prepare for that. (or to some extend?)
reading that so many people are touched makes me realize what a nice place MTS is. i easily forget that there are people behind these avatars with a real-life going on (since i am so buzy with mine and that extra virtual life on top). apparently many hearty, supportive persons as members, creators, moderators, site helpers...and whatsoever here. thats good to know. simply wanted to mention that

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:28 PM #66
Yenkas
Test Subject

I have never talked to her or known her personally, sadly. However that doesn't deny the fact that she was a very nice member of the community, and I did see how much she helped people. She seemed very kind. I'm sad to hear that cancer has won the battle in the end, but I'm glad her passing was a moment of peace, and not one of fighting. I wish her family and her friends, and all those who knew her too my condoleances and a lot of strength and love; having (had) family members with cancer myself I can relate, a little. Mootilda will be missed.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:36 PM #67
maybesomethingdunno
*shrugs*

26 Achievements

View My Journal

Aw. This is very sad, but at least she is no longer in pain and her passing was a peaceful one.

She was a highly knowledgeable individual who will be greatly missed. Many prayers to her family and loved ones in this time.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:39 PM #68
Menaceman44
Mad Poster

36 Achievements

View My Journal

What a shock to read this.
R.I.P. Mootilda. You will be missed.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:40 PM #69
sailfindragon
Lab Assistant

17 Achievements

View My Journal

Very sad to hear.

Thoughts are with her family. R.I.P

You can find some of my creations here and the rest at the following Dragon Black Sims
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:45 PM #70
shastakiss
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

I'm very sorry to hear about Mootilda's passing and I hope her family and friends find some comfort in knowing what a valuable difference she made in the community.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:53 PM #71
zebaroth
Test Subject

good bye we will miss you RIP
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:53 PM #72
Duine
Top Secret Researcher

I've never been a forum type of person, but the people here have made me feel comfortable. I've always loved Moo's Mews mini Community Lots and they are greatly used in my game, even keeping her business titles on them. She was always very friendly and helpful to the community. I wish her family well in a time of sadness.

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Old 4th Sep 2014, 11:05 PM #73
pizza
Instructor

2 Achievements

This is terribly sad. Rest in peace Mootilda I never had the pleasure of speaking to her. But I always recognised her by her cute cow icon. Her creations have always changed my gameplay for the better. She was a very, very talented person and clearly a very loved member of the community. I hope you are in a better place and that you are no longer suffering. My prayers and condolences are with your family <3
Last edited by pizza : 5th Sep 2014 at 9:36 AM.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 11:26 PM #74
kluluplay
Lab Assistant

My condolences to her family and friends. I didn't know her personally, but her presence here was part of what makes the site wonderful. With her talents she contributed to the balance of happiness and community in the world while she was here. Peace.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 11:31 PM #75
gazania
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I'm so, so sorry to read of this news. I will sorely miss her.

My condolences to her loved ones.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

Section jump: