Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Working Corset!

by FifthAce2007 Posted 5th Aug 2014 at 12:33 PM

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:53 PM
Looks nice, gonna try it out :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:19 PM
Gorgeous! That's really great work! ^^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:37 PM
Looks awesome! Would it be possible to have this as a casual top as well? Would look very cool! Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 10:44 PM
I would LOVE for this to be under accesories! I've always wanted a corset that is layerable with other clothing. But I'll nab this as is; it looks great. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 11:07 PM
This corset is just gorgeous! Thank you for creating.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 2:40 AM
Welcome back
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 2:45 AM
Thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 7:49 AM
Brilliant. Just brilliant. *drops jaw*
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 9:13 AM
You're all welcome. Thanks for the welcome back

Quote: Originally posted by misherusedai
I would LOVE for this to be under accesories! I've always wanted a corset that is layerable with other clothing. But I'll nab this as is; it looks great. Thanks!

I did think about it, but apart from the fact I have no clue how to get accessories to work yet, I'm still getting to grips with basic meshing/texturing of clothes, but I'm not sure it would work. I think the mesh for the clothing item would override the mesh for the corset, so that realistic "squeeze" would be lost. Either that or it would just crash the game

Another question I've yet to find an answer for, although it probably has been answered by now, is if it was used as an accessory under an item that is transparent, would the game simply display the skin texture through the transparency or would it include the corset accessory...

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 4:52 PM
Lovely. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 5:38 PM
Are you sure it works? It doesn't make my sims vomit and suffocate...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 5:36 AM
Tkx so much
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith

um.........did I mention there was no refund or return?

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:34 PM
ALL PRAISE. How precisely did you do it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:21 PM
Make the corset work?

Easy really, it occured to me that the game takes the default position of the verts in the base mesh and when a slider is used it just adjusts them from that default position. That information is contained per mesh and not as a universal value. So it was a simple case of adjusting the default position of the verts in the base mesh used, and the game is still able to adjust them from that position as normal. So I just squeezed the verts at the waist area in. Thats why it still works with the thin/fat slider range.

Probably not the best explanation but I know what I mean lol

FifthAce2007

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith

If wearing a modern corset makes you vomit and suffocate, you're wearing it wrong.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:35 PM
Thanks, this goes into my working CAS collection. I like the push-up idea. The only thing I need to remember now is not to model the Sim in the corset but in the swimsuit mode otherwise she might look too fat in the swimsuit.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FozzerBear
Thanks, this goes into my working CAS collection. I like the push-up idea. The only thing I need to remember now is not to model the Sim in the corset but in the swimsuit mode otherwise she might look too fat in the swimsuit.

Haha yeh I hadn't thought of what would happen if you put the corset on then modeled the sim

FifthAce2007

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:48 AM
Looks awesome! :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 10:49 AM
Thanks! Love it C:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:10 AM
This is such an awesome thing! I have been thinking how much I wish Sim clothing matched real human clothing -- especially with women's clothing. I can get entirely different looks with the underwear I use and it is so awesome that someone has found a way to do the same!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:11 PM
Love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 6:29 PM
Love this. Would it be possible to do the same with swim suits and bras, but like a push bra idea?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 8:28 PM
OHHHHHHH! SMEXY! :3
Page 1 of 2