Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:34 PM Last edited by paytonpls : 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:40 PM. Reason: More Detail

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom Content Not Installing Ultimate Collection
I recently downloaded the Ultimate Collection and the Clean Installer. When I go to make some Sims using the CC I just installed, it doesn't show up! I've made sure all of the things are set to enable it, but I can't get it to show up! I've downloaded things from here and it says that it's successfully installed. Just to note, I started with a clean slate. I uninstalled my CD games months ago, so I don't have any CC that needed to be backed up, I just started downloading from here again.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 12:10 AM
For me, I had to set CC to "enabled" then immediately shut down and restart the game. That was the only way the setting would take effect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cabelle1863
For me, I had to set CC to "enabled" then immediately shut down and restart the game. That was the only way the setting would take effect.

Hmmm, I tried this a few times, and it didn't work. Thanks for your suggestion though!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:43 AM
You have to manually set the proper path with the Clean Installer and Complete Collection.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cabelle1863

I have to do this every time I have a new installation (or maybe just new save data). The first "enable" never takes for me, it's always the second load that does it.

Quote: Originally posted by Portaller
You have to manually set the proper path with the Clean Installer and Complete Collection.

Isn't the UC location different from everything previously? I haven't installed it myself, but I'm pretty sure it' s a new location for the save data (and therefore Downloads location). So Clean Installer's default locations won't work. My son has UC, I'll see if I can figure this out soon.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:10 AM
Its path starts Program files (x86)/Origin Games/ instead of the usual Program files (x86)/EA Games so all programs that are looking for the EA Games folder are not going to find it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Its path starts Program files (x86)/Origin Games/ instead of the usual Program files (x86)/EA Games so all programs that are looking for the EA Games folder are not going to find it.

Most custom content is in "My Documents" (or equivalent of), not "Program Files" though...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:36 AM
From what I've heard, though, UC's user data is in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection which is not necessarily the path that Clean Installer is using. So yes, you probably just need to hit "Browse" in Clean Installer and point it to the UC SavedSims folder.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#9 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:46 AM
Also, you need to install CEP for any recolors to show up. The installer will not do it properly, you must do it manually. _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package gets installed to: Local Disk (usually C)/ProgramFiles(x86)/OriginGames/TheSims2UltimateCollection/FunWithPets/SP9/TSData/Res/3D. There's a zCEP-Extra folder that goes into the same path except ...Res/Catalog/.

The _EnablecoloroptionsGMND.package file and another zCEP folder go in Libraries/Documents/EAGames/TheSims2UltimateCollection/Downloads/

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:12 PM
Clean Installer and Scriptorum found the right place for me automatically. CEP I manually installed.

If you browse to where your downloads ought to be, are they there in the downloads (or teleport) folder? If the items are there, it's a different problem than if they aren't.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:20 PM
I'm having the same issue. Everything is enabled, CEP manually installed, objects in the correct downloads folder... nothing showing in game.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:31 PM
Exactly the same issue here. CEP manually installed, CC enabled and in the MyDocuments/EA Games/Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Downloads path, Clean Installer pointed at the right directory. Still nothing.
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:49 PM
I am having the same problem. I've downloaded several lots and put them in the correct folder(MyDocuments/EA Games/Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Downloads). Nothing shows up.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KarouKarou
I am having the same problem. I've downloaded several lots and put them in the correct folder(MyDocuments/EA Games/Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Downloads). Nothing shows up.

Try using the Clean Installer to put the lot file into the teleport folder. Make sure the path is (My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Teleport). That's what I do and lots show up in the game every time.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:45 PM
Yes, lots don't go in Downloads.

Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:48 AM
Having this same issue. I found that CleanInstaller created a new Teleport folder in the EA folder, and the one you need is the one INSIDE the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder. I have not been able to change the destination folder for some reason in CI yet, but at least two of the three lots I installed show up in game after I coped and pasted to the correct folder. Hope this helps someone.
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:19 AM
I'm having a problem with my CC and mods. I have a lot of cc in my previous game and i transferred it to the new download folder and only 25% of the cc shows up in my game. here is my directory for my download folder "C:\Users\JASON\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads" do i need to change the directory? I really hope i can get it working soon cause i just got my neighborhood to work again.
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jmace123
I'm having a problem with my CC and mods. I have a lot of cc in my previous game and i transferred it to the new download folder and only 25% of the cc shows up in my game. here is my directory for my download folder "C:\Users\JASON\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads" do i need to change the directory? I really hope i can get it working soon cause i just got my neighborhood to work again.

That's the correct path. You re-installed CEP? (I know I keep harping on the CEP, but most people forget about it.)

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kalphoenix
Having this same issue. I found that CleanInstaller created a new Teleport folder in the EA folder, and the one you need is the one INSIDE the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder. I have not been able to change the destination folder for some reason in CI yet, but at least two of the three lots I installed show up in game after I coped and pasted to the correct folder. Hope this helps someone.

Try cut and paste and moving it manually then.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#20 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:06 PM
Same problem here. CEP manually installed, CC enabled, Clean Installer pointed to the right path, though it will say something like "Path C/User/Doc/EA Games/SavedSims/4423036f_realistic2.package (<-- the skintone that's a part of a sim I tried to install) part could not be found" and then say "succesfully installed" even though the item won't show up... Also, in game no other part of CC shows up except for EA's pre-order items I downloaded from Lord Darcy's thread at MATY.
I've had the same problem once before with TS2 Base Game and back then I could only use defaults, no "normal" CC. But that was a long time ago and unfortunately I have no idea what I did to fix things.

Edit: I just went in-game and the random Sim created when I access CAS had a custom Peggy hair and custom eyes! The weird thing is that I can't find them in the catalog, I searched everywhere but nope, they're not there. I'd really like to know if I've royally messed things up myself or if this is a problem with other people too.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:26 PM
"C/User/Doc/EA Games/SavedSims/4423036f_realistic2.package" - is that the exact path it gives? Because if so, yeah, that would be the wrong path. :P

Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:08 PM
Oh, I see. I'm sorry, I must've misunderstood something! I understood that lots should go to Teleport file (?) but where should I point skins (and other stuff that comes with downloaded sims) then?
Scholar
#23 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:20 PM
I "cheat". I let CI install it to: <me>/MyDocuments/EAGames/Downloads or Teleport, and then when I'm done with all files I manually transfer them to the ones in the /MyDocuments/Sims2UltimateCollection/ folder. Bit of a PITA, but its worked so far.

Field Researcher
#24 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:35 PM
That's pretty much what I've done too, I think. Well, not exactly. The .package files I extracted with WinRAR I put straight to My Documents/EA Games/TS2 Ultimate Collection/Downloads and the files that I installed with Clean Installer went to My Documents/EA Games/Downloads - I put them to the TS2 UC/Downloads file instead when I noticed their apparent misplacing. But still, only EA -made stuff and default replacements work. I'm not much of a computer whiz so it could be just some simple little thing that I'm overlooking or I'm simply not understanding what to place and where for the content to work properly :P
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#25 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:02 PM
Have you got "Show custom content in catalogue" set to yes?

Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: old thread
Page 1 of 2