Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2 Million Dolar Paradise

by Cicada Posted 23rd Jul 2014 at 5:37 PM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:13 PM
Can you say what town/lot this was built on? It looks amazing!
One Minute Ninja'd
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:26 PM
Wonderful looking build! Thanks for sharing!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 4:59 AM
I would also like to know which world and what lot this lot was placed on. It looks great, but I have the feeling it won't really fit anywhere else. Can you let us know before I download? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:36 AM
thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:39 AM
In Bridgeport where the sim Lil Bling lives on the hills the white Mansion
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:47 AM
It looks so fancy; I feel a little under-dressed even just viewing it. This caliber of house warrants only the best owners/dwellers.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:58 PM
Wow, beautiful!! Love it!
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:05 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for the great work, and also share a little bit of how I placed the lot into my town. As some might have already encountered, the plot is really elevated when placed on a lot that is flat and level to the road. To fix this, I had to use console commands to offset the internal terrain value of the Paradise lot. Here are the steps I used. (Console = Ctrl+Shift+C)
1. Console: testingcheatsenabled true
2. Console: constrainfloorelevation false
3. Console: setimportedterrainoffset -8.5
Note: Make sure you include the negative sign. Also, I found -8.5 to be really close to level with the road, but you could always fine tune it further if you wish.
4. When you're happy with the level, place the lot.
5. Console: constrainfloorelevation true
6. At this point, only the front portion of the lot will be level to the road. The sides and the back will need to be adjusted to what you want. This will take some time if you want it to look good. Lastly, I couldn't figure out how to "fix" the back part of the lot. This is because the original location of the lot was on a hill, so placing it on a flat lot creates a super steep hill in the backyard. I simply used the level of the lowest tile of the house to flatten the back and create a decent backyard. If anyone wants to see what my final finish looks like, I'll try to take a screenshot of it.

Once again, great work.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:32 AM
DarkXander: You're right about the setimportedterrainoffset cheat, but I wouldn't recommend using constrainfloorelevation unless you absolutely have to, because of floating floortiles if the ceilings has been painted. It looks like the ceiling has been painted on this house. You don't need to use constrainfloorelevation with setimportedterrainoffset on a difficult lot. I have lots of annoying lots and I only use cfe if I really must, and never with painted ceilings.

Pssst Hannes, Dollar not Dolar
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
DarkXander: You're right about the setimportedterrainoffset cheat, but I wouldn't recommend using constrainfloorelevation unless you absolutely have to, because of floating floortiles if the ceilings has been painted. It looks like the ceiling has been painted on this house. You don't need to use constrainfloorelevation with setimportedterrainoffset on a difficult lot. I have lots of annoying lots and I only use cfe if I really must, and never with painted ceilings.

Pssst Hannes, Dollar not Dolar

Thanks for the advice. I simply followed some steps from another website, so I wasn't sure what the cfe command did. The lot seemed to be placed correctly though, but I'll check it to be sure after my sims return from Egypt.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkXander
Thanks for the advice. I simply followed some steps from another website, so I wasn't sure what the cfe command did. The lot seemed to be placed correctly though, but I'll check it to be sure after my sims return from Egypt.

cfe is a very powerful cheat that removes lots of regulations on heights of walls and floors. I thought it might have rearranged your lot as well, but if you have tried it I guess it doesn't. It might come in handy if you have a difficult lot placed on regular walls without foundations I guess, but it's notorious for bugs. It's not something to do if the lot is important to you, having a backup might be a good idea.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 8:24 PM
incredible house!!! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 6:45 PM
Great work!