Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED] Tattered Diary (Custom Memories)

by DiLight Posted 14th Jun 2014 at 9:29 PM - Updated 4th May 2017 at 5:09 AM by DiLight

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 10:35 PM
Really looking forward to trying this out in game. I am especially interested to see how the pregnancy memory works, like if it is applicable to both parents or only one. (It'd let me pretend the other parent is actually interested in the unborn child, at least!) Thanks, and I look forward to seeing how you develop this further!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:32 PM
Very cool! I'd always wondered why a couple of those were missing in the first place. Nice to finally be able to put them in.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 12:39 AM
Oh my god. I can't even words. Just yesterday I was thinking to myself I should really get going on adding custom memories because I feel there are so many missing. And here it is. I'm so excited. You're fabulous. YAY!

I'll take the chance to add a request straight away. I would love to see a memory for having a crush on a sim. Not every relationship is headed for love, and I've always disliked that my Sims don't remember their crushes.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 1:08 AM
I'd like to second gummilutt's request. That's a great idea! I'm finally at my "gaming" computer now, so I'll brainstorm for any suggestions while I play. No promises. But if I can help out testing any of these for you, I'd gladly do so to help this project that is probably going to keep growing. *subscribes to thread*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 3:53 AM
Oh, I absolutely agree about how the vacation memories are managed! This is great!

I have a memory request, kind of. I use a mod to stop my sims from looking at the weather all the time, and as an unfortunate side-effect, the mod stops them from getting the "Saw First Snow" memory. (It might be called something else--it's been so long since I've seen it.) Would it be possible to add it to this?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 4:13 AM
This mod looks great-and I can think of some requests that could be made: "Fell in love with.." "First kiss with..." "Got engaged to.." "Got married." and so forth. This mod definitely has legs!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 5:07 AM
I'm so excited to try this!! Beyond fabulous idea!!
Potential idea/request: got teased by sibling. *my brother still brings up crap I apparently did to him we when were kids (he's such a whiner lol)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 5:13 AM
Cool!
Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 5:21 AM
Wow this is so cool! Is it possible you can explain how you did this so we can make custom memories too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 6:32 AM
I have a suggestion/request: It's been a while since I've played, but I'm pretty sure with Uni comes the 'graduated college' memory. It would be cool if a Sim could get the 'graduated high school' memory after they age up from teen. I second the motion of adding memories for crushes. If I think of anything else while I'm playing I'll jot it down and come back w/ it when I come back out of game. Can't wait to see your hard work in action!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 7:21 AM
Yaay! Thank you guys, I knew you would like it!

Sourpussy, I can create special memory about pregnancy for father
gummilutt, yes, this memory is on my to-do list, but I'm confused now, I can't find a way to add another Sim as a Subject (the one in the picture in memory description)
Mouse, I'm going to make a stand-alone object that will create Maxis memories, not custom. This request goes there
FranH, same replies as for gummilutt and Mouse
sweetbaby160, I'll think about this
mollymooncat, yep, I can explain, but it would be easier for you to override the parts of my mod, where you change the icon and the text only, than to create it from scratch
milkandcookies, I was thinking about it, but in my country high school graduation is different from yours. Do you get diplomas or something like this? Because in Russia we only get the "аттестат", a kind of a certificate with all the grades. I need to know this because I should make a unique icon for the memory
And yes, here in Russia we usually end the sentence with emoticon

I wait for more ideas from you, let's do it together!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 10:43 AM
Here's another one-"Got divorced from..", which is different than the Maxis one of "Broken up with...". It would be useful for sims who do it. I don't know why it wasn't in the original game, because just breaking up doesn't cover the bases.

I bet if you created a thread in the Community section, you would get tons of suggestions for custom memories-I think there's a lot of people who would have some unique ideas on how to expand this mod-and if you perhaps give an explanation of how to add custom memories to the object and let people (who know how to do it) add on to it there would be a huge response.

I haven't been this excited about a new mod in quite a long time!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 11:57 AM
Probably one of the best mods of the year!

You are a legend for doing this - As a player who is memory-dependent on story telling, this is just... you deserve a golden llama (don't know why this wasn't a picked download, but I'm sure it will generate a lot of positive feedback).

I agree with FranH: "Got divorced" would be a good one - so would "graduated high school." Maybe, if possible, there could be a "Had Twins" memory, instead of the double up of "Had Baby 1, Baby 2".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 12:01 PM Last edited by DiLight : 15th Jun 2014 at 12:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Here's another one-"Got divorced from..", which is different than the Maxis one of "Broken up with...". It would be useful for sims who do it. I don't know why it wasn't in the original game, because just breaking up doesn't cover the bases.

I agree, but as I've already said, now it's impossible for me. I can only create memories about active Sim. For example, when you add such memory using my mod, you will get "Got divorced from Myself (the name of the active Sim)", then you should open SimPE to change the Subject to the one whom you divorced from. Do you understand me?
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I bet if you created a thread in the Community section, you would get tons of suggestions for custom memories-I think there's a lot of people who would have some unique ideas on how to expand this mod-and if you perhaps give an explanation of how to add custom memories to the object and let people (who know how to do it) add on to it there would be a huge response.

Done, thanks for the idea! Thread
As for tutorial, this is not the beginner level and it would be easier to change the memories from this mod (I can explain how).
However, if a lot of people ask, I'll write the tutorial (it would be HUGE).
Quote: Originally posted by Amy-2609
Maybe, if possible, there could be a "Had Twins" memory, instead of the double up of "Had Baby 1, Baby 2".

Thanks for your words! The memory "Had Twins" could reference only one baby which is wrong, I think.
As for similar "(Mother) broke up", "(Father) broke up" I've made "Parents broke up" memory
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiLight
However, if a lot of people ask, I'll write the tutorial (it would be HUGE).

That would be great! I really hope you will.
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:39 PM
I'm not sure if this is possible because I don't think it's self-referencing, but I thought I'd run it by you anyway. Is it possible to make a memory to accompany the "Parents broke up" memory that would be "(Parent) moved out"? Like, two parents got divorced in my game recently, but no one remembers that the mother moved out. I got thinking that Sims never remember when a household member moves out, not even for those "big" moments. Hopefully this makes sense, as I haven't had my coffee yet.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 10:22 PM
This is amazing! So happy that you made this. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 1:26 PM
This is truly amazing, I've always wanted something like this Great job, I'll definitely want to test it in-game!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 6:43 PM
@mollymooncat, @FranH, @Chiklia, tutorial's ready here
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 3:02 AM
Great Mod Thank You
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 5:28 PM
Thanks all of you guys for your feedback, for your kind words!
I'm so glad I've made something really worthy!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 7:01 PM
As I've already said on your tutorial thread - this is my new favorite toy. I'm going to be poking it every day from now on. Thank youuu!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 7:20 PM
Congrats! This was picked!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 11:16 AM
Congratulations on being picked, well deserved
Page 1 of 4