Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
See, if dating, apartments, seasons and VERY basic aspects of university, vacation and pets were already in the base game, I can see a Sims 4 OFB as the first expansion pack for the game. But knowing EA, it will probably be something completely out of left field.

I was thinking that an OFB type pack would be the obvious choice for the first EP.....and then I remembered TS2 University and TS3 World Adventures. They do seem to like to do something "out there" for the first pack, don't they?

Whatever it is, I would just like to see the gameplay from EP's be more integrated with each other this time around.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 5:30 PM
Oh man, OFB was one of my favorite expansion packs. I was pretty disappointed when an equivalent expansion pack wasn't added into TS3. That and having actual apartment buildings ala TS 2 style. Hoping they add both of those in at some point but we'll see I guess...
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:45 PM
No, that entire EP was a damn disaster. Try something else everyone else wants like, Seasons because it's actually important.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:51 PM
I hope OFB comes back for the sims 4 because it was one of my favorites in sims 2. I remember i used to have a flower shop downstairs and i had my employee make the flower arrangement i believe it was called something like snapdragon? idk i cant recall now but my shop was full of them cause they would fill up the motive bars lol and i felt that was helpful when i tried to "dazzle" them to death lol.
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mamasita
I hope OFB comes back for the sims 4 because it was one of my favorites in sims 2. I remember i used to have a flower shop downstairs and i had my employee make the flower arrangement i believe it was called something like snapdragon? idk i cant recall now but my shop was full of them cause they would fill up the motive bars lol and i felt that was helpful when i tried to "dazzle" them to death lol.

I loved snapdragons. I would spend time creating a level 10 florist first thing in any neighborhood, Snapdragons were almost a necessity to keep pregnant Sims from risking death.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gh0stic
No, that entire EP was a damn disaster. Try something else everyone else wants like, Seasons because it's actually important.

Yeah... actually important because it adds a bunch of fruits that can only be juiced or used to fill up the fridge? I like the OFB expansion!
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:40 PM
Loved OFB and I hope it comes back in TS4 at some point. That being said I would like it to be properly done as an EP and not a mishmash of stuff needing to be purchased separately like TS3.
Scholar
#33 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:15 AM
Sims 2 OFB would asking a lot to be added to TS4. More then what seems to be in the base game atm, because you can't even edit public lots atm. I suspect you get basegame stuff in the early EP's. Landscaping, editing public lots, family trees etc, packed with a interesting sounding EP name. I can imagine TS3 type stuff like buying lots though. That can be done on a sims phone for the most part. Saw someone mentioning an EP like Generations. But I wonder if they have the nerve to bring toddlers and family trees in an early EP :p
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:28 AM
Still waiting for Open For Business! Comeon T_T This is the last sims game ever to be produced this needs to happen!
Scholar
#35 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:07 AM

I hate to tell you this, but Get To Work was it.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zore007
Still waiting for Open For Business! Comeon T_T This is the last sims game ever to be produced this needs to happen!

It already has.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gh0stic

Seasons because it's actually important

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:44 AM
I love sims 2 OFB. No more buy food from fridge again!

Lol, when I was playing sims 2 OFB I always convert my sims to be a witch so he can work 24/7
Mad Poster
#39 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:35 PM
The Sims 2, Open For Business is of course, the greatest expansion pack ever made for a Sims game.
Many come close, but few are its equal.
You can start a business, you can start a business from your home, you can make money, it'll feel like you're playing an entirely different game, you can fuck your employees without having to fire them (wtf Get To Work?) and there's an 80s soundtrack for no good reason other than "Why the fuck not, you shouldn't need a reason to have an 80s soundtrack." Seriously, fuck off. If you want seasons, just download a texture mod. It's the same thing but it won't cost you 40 bucks and you'll still get something just as useless.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#40 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
The Sims 2, Open For Business is of course, the greatest expansion pack ever made for a Sims game.
Many come close, but few are its equal.
You can start a business, you can start a business from your home, you can make money, it'll feel like you're playing an entirely different game, you can fuck your employees without having to fire them (wtf Get To Work?) and there's an 80s soundtrack for no good reason other than "Why the fuck not, you shouldn't need a reason to have an 80s soundtrack." Seriously, fuck off. If you want seasons, just download a texture mod. It's the same thing but it won't cost you 40 bucks and you'll still get something just as useless.
You do know there are things called "opinions", right? Not everyone loves the same stuff.
And I don't understand why you act like it's a rivalry between Business and Seasons, and like only one of them can exist. You don't need to bash Seasons just because you prefer Open For Business. And you definitely don't need to use that kind of language just because you disagree with someone.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:42 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 23rd May 2017 at 4:08 PM.
Thanks for your "opinion". I'm sure you think it's very important.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#42 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Thanks for your "opinion". I'm sure you think it's very important.

Why are you being so condescending? Whether you agree with it or not, it is an opinion if you like Seasons. I see no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to want weather in a game that's supposed to be a simulator of life. If you don't want it it's fine, but there's no need to be rude to people who do want it.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:33 PM Last edited by Anarchy Blues : 23rd May 2017 at 7:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Why are you being so condescending? Whether you agree with it or not, it is an opinion if you like Seasons. I see no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to want weather in a game that's supposed to be a simulator of life. If you don't want it it's fine, but there's no need to be rude to people who do want it.

Condescending or not, he's right. Opinions are excuses people come up with when they can't or don't want to justify a point of view. You're allowed to have them, but don't expect to be taken seriously if you'd rather resort to such weak concepts rather than come up with an argument to support your point of view, subjective or not.

On topic, personally I think Seasons should take priority. Dynamic weather, seasons and holidays are features that enhance the core gameplay overall and you get to experience constantly, as opposed to a third wheel that you sometimes pay attention to and other times not, like the business system.

More importantly, the business system was already added. Whether it is to your liking or not, it already exists, let someone else have a turn at disappointment.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
Condescending or not, he's right. Opinions are excuses people come up with when they can't or don't want to justify a point of view. You're allowed to have them, but don't expect to be taken seriously if you'd rather resort to such weak concepts rather than come up with an argument to support your point of view, subjective or not.
That's not the dictionary definition of opinion. That is your opinion of what an opinion is. Justifying is more important when one is making a case or an argument.

It is not right to be condescending. I can't help noticing, G P, that your posts in the other sections of this forum have a different and friendly tone in the other sections of this site.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
That's not the dictionary definition of opinion. That is your opinion of what an opinion is. Justifying is more important when one is making a case or an argument.

Well that's just your opinion on my opinion.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:46 PM
Maybe they could have a fashion and modelling Game pack, so we can have clothing stores, designing clothes, etc. I see that they have similar in Mobile, so probably I can see in the future of Sims 4.

Maybe they could also have a services and shopping gamepack. Like someone said, where sims can be florists, hairdressers, cleaners, daycare center owners, etc.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:48 PM
But Dine Out is very similar to some aspects of Business in sims 2, at least restaurant wise, with guests reviews of your restaurant and managing your employees etc.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:50 PM
Geez y'all I just wanted to read some funny necro'd thread responses. This got real serious.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:57 PM
that escalated so quickly. These just opinions how do you guys got triggered
Page 2 of 3