Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 5:14 PM
The Sims 4 - Open For Business Ep
Hi,

I really, really liked The Sims 2 Open For Business, and hopefully something similar to this is included in The Sims 4.
I really didn't like The Sims 3 with the business and how they run, so please can you try and include something similar
to The Sims 2 Open For Business in The Sims 4.

Thanks,
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joe Parkinson
Hi,

I really, really liked The Sims 2 Open For Business, and hopefully something similar to this is included in The Sims 4.
I really didn't like The Sims 3 with the business and how they run, so please can you try and include something similar
to The Sims 2 Open For Business in The Sims 4.

Thanks,

Same I really like The Sims 2 Open For Business.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 5:34 PM
One of my favourite TS2 expansion packs. I really do hope they introduce a flexible business themed expansion this time round. Without stupid half arsed store content hopefully.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 11:27 PM
OFB really made my game fun, and made me creative too. I thought that it would be a main feature of ts3, but it never happened, even as an expansion pack. I hope that maxis will consider open community lots instead of rabit holes, and making of an expansion like OFB for sims 4. I already see it "The Sims 4: Back in Business"!
Alchemist
#5 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 8:06 AM
My sims almost always open up a store! I love running stores! It was hard to understand how it worked in the beginning though since it was pretty complex for a Sims game.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 11:18 AM
I loved Open for Business and I would love it to return in some form in The Sims 4. It is my favourite sims ep of all time! :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 9:08 PM
Well someone had to open this topic eventually...

I like the idea of property, hope we'll be able to own multiple lots from the beginning and not have to wait for one of the last patches to add this feature. But a business system is typically ether too involved (and therefore too much work, like The Sims 2's) or not involved enough and just a source of income (Sims 3's). If they can do it right I hope they make a business themed expansion, but unless it's smaller, cheaper and focused around running a business, it sounds like a waste of money.
Theorist
#8 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 10:05 PM Last edited by TMBrandon : 6th Jun 2014 at 12:55 AM.
I want OFB as well, and I really want it to be named "Back For Business" or "Back To Business" please, EA, please!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 11:20 PM
Best EP, hands down. If I get this game, I want businesses ASAP and not as shitty half-arsed store content. I want everything we had in the TS2 version and more. I want business uniforms to work. I want to be able to make non player owned business lots, zoned differently to community lots, so I can fill my towns with shops full of lovely things to buy without having to own each one and spawn staff for each one.
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 11:40 PM
Open for Business was my favorite expansion and offered the most gameplay. I REALLY hope to see it return.

That and a Castaway expansion, that was fun too (especially on the Wii).
One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 1:02 AM
I believe EA has decided that the Store and in game purchasing, which I expect to be even more tightly integrated in 4, is their new approach to adding OFB to game play.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 11:08 AM
My favourite parts of OFB was setting up shops and community lots that belonged to other sims for my sims to visit, that and having garage/yard sales by opening a home business, marking all the furniture i wanted to get rid of as cheap, then closing the business at the end of the day.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:02 PM
Gotta agree OFB was one of my most favourite Sims 2 EPs, second only to Seasons, and was the first EP I actually went to buy.
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
But a business system is typically ether too involved (and therefore too much work, like The Sims 2's)

Actually I found Sims 2 businesses to be quite engaging. It gave the game a bit moreof a challenge, which was especially needed when one finally masters Sims day-to-day micromanaging. After that things can feel a little too easy. Plus I loved the feeling of community cohesion the owned lots and employing locals gave to the game.

Besides I always enjoyed build-a-city challenges more than regular legacies.
Retired
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 1:06 PM
All I want is the ability to make a teashop and cafe, have NPCs man the register, have customers grow to love the place, and be able to manage stock and staff. TS2 let me do this. I sold tea, cakes, CC tea caddies, teapots, and other such things. It was a family business. It was awesome.

How TS3 skipped over this level of loveliness, I'll never know.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 9:12 PM
I loved loved loved open for buisness. I had shops for all the unbuyable objects like servos, snap dragons and toys. I had a farmers market. A park called nirvana that was loaded with lots of need and mood enhancing items for sims who were having a difficult time. Book stores for my college sims who had neither the money or space for a book shelf and could buy a single book. I had shops with potions my sims could walk in and buy owned by a witch. I also had fish markets. I didnt want all of my sims to spend precious time grinding through badges to get useful things like snap dragons and servos, or have ponds and gardens to have fresh food.

I miss sims 2 so much...
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 9:59 PM
I wonder how Open for Business will work with the Sims 4 zoning and district idea. I think it would be really fun and challenging if there were competing businesses spread throughout the zones. For example, if you open your own little bookstore and have to compete with the already well-established local chain.

Or, an extension of the cut-and-dry business career that "actually" defines the territory of the major corporation you're working for. For example, a video game or computer corporation or office-supply corporation instead of a vague company. And, once you became CEO, you would have to deal with chance cards that would impact your salary, the lives of your employees, and your customers' satisfaction so you actually *did* have control over the company and there was still a level of challenge to go along with all the money.

Maybe that's far too in-depth for the intended scope of an expansion pack or just not something that would appeal to a lot of people, but it would be amazing to me.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 10:18 PM
OFB is pretty much a must!

OFB is as wanted as a Magic EP was for TS3.
They know they will earn lots of money by making OFB, so I really hope they make one!
And I would love the EP to death!
Alchemist
#18 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 10:49 PM
See, if dating, apartments, seasons and VERY basic aspects of university, vacation and pets were already in the base game, I can see a Sims 4 OFB as the first expansion pack for the game. But knowing EA, it will probably be something completely out of left field.
Theorist
#19 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:27 PM
Erm..... we barely have details on the base game and NO GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE and we're talking EP's already?!?!?! Holy cow!! Let's wait if EA can get it out of the gate AND if it is playable before we start all this.

For the record, I enjoyed OFB and would have loved to have seen it in 3. If TS4 isn't too screwed up, it would be a great addition... but let's see what base looks like and plays like first.

~~braces herself for the disagrees~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 2:50 AM
It would be cool if they add OFB elements into the Sims 4 base game. That would be awesome. <3
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 5:04 AM
I would enjoy this. We should have had it in TS3.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Erm..... we barely have details on the base game and NO GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE and we're talking EP's already?!?!?! Holy cow!! Let's wait if EA can get it out of the gate AND if it is playable before we start all this.

Nothing wrong with speculating considering EPs are basically guaranteed
Theorist
#23 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
Nothing wrong with speculating considering EPs are basically guaranteed

Well ya you're right, but I still want to see how base game goes because adding EP's on a buggy game will make it worse, we all know that from TS3. But.... if we're speculating - I need Seasons too. I got bored with the eternal sunshine in TS3 a month after launch and was begging for weather. I'll start here and now.... OK - OFB, Seasons, a vacation style EP... and....

Feel free to add to my list, that's all I can think up for now.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#24 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 9:29 AM
See, in my opinion the main thing the Sims series should do is give more control to players, more options with everything. Open For Business did this so, so well with jobs. It wasn't simply owning a business, it expanded the number of careers tenfold. With just Open For Business, your sim could be a baker, a florist, a toy maker and more. With expansion packs, you could be owning a night club or a restaurant or selling cars or jewellery, your own clothes or pottery, running your own gym and, again, much more. And with custom content you could probably have a hundred other options. It made Sims that more unique, that they weren't all just doctors or CEOs or detectives.

What the game designers should do is lay down the foundation for the players, enough so that we can make our own thing. Think CAW in The Sims 3, how with the (broken) tool we could make anything from large urban cities to remote hamlets to post apocalyptic wastelands to futuristic cities in space. That's what I want for 4.
Scholar
#25 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 9:30 AM
I can't believe I'm gonna have to listen to this again for the next four years. Guuys, it's not going to happen.
Page 1 of 3