Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:33 AM
We have quite a few H&M here in Québec...mostly better looking IN actual stores than the EP has to offer but still.
Sometimes I feel like EA has a weird taste when choosing which of what will be included..but this is just me.
I love the EP still, but I have a big problem with..what shoes their paired with what outfit. I'll love the outfit..but can't chose it, because the shoes are awful. hehe

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
We've got H&M stores all over here. Might be a thypical Europe brand?
IKEA is originally Swedish. It's pretty much the only place you can get cheap and alright-looing furniture that doesn't look completely awful.

Sorry for fangirling but H&M is Swedish too!
Undead Molten Llama
#28 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:57 AM
Totally agree with Rosie about the H&M outfits' shoes...but that's why shoeswaps exist.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:24 PM
Shoeswaps? I bet this is Swedish too.

Seriously...hehe, I have this wonderful plan since I got the EP, to mesh this problem..create my own shoes for said outfit etc. But ya know..I am lazy.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Seriously...hehe, I have this wonderful plan since I got the EP, to mesh this problem..create my own shoes for said outfit etc. But ya know..I am lazy.

That is the definition of a shoeswap lol.
Undead Molten Llama
#31 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:57 PM
Everything good is Swedish, my dear.

But seriously, what people do is take the shoes off one mesh and stick it on another mesh. I'll bet if you do a Google search, you'll find a bunch of hits. And someone may have already swapped the H&M outfits with different shoes...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:12 PM
What's the fashion show thing that H&M has? Is it similar to the one from Sim Wardrobe?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That is the definition of a shoeswap lol.

But of course!

Quote: Originally posted by iCad

But seriously, what people do is take the shoes off one mesh and stick it on another mesh. I'll bet if you do a Google search, you'll find a bunch of hits. And someone may have already swapped the H&M outfits with different shoes...

Yes. This was also one of my options, just use already ingame shoes. I am lazy, but still prefers waiting to be less lazy, than downloading what I can make myself! Too bad for me ok? lol

Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad

Yes, yes it is It surprises me a bit that so many had never heard of it, as it is rather big in many countries outside of Sweden, but I guess southern US may not be one of the places.

I am weirdly proud that the two store brands that got their on EP, are both Swedish, and both stores I adore. H&M less nowadays because they've gotten quite a bit thin-exclusive, but it's nice that my Sims can shop where I shop.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 2nd May 2014 at 9:28 PM
I love to learn new things IKEA will always be my favorite store to shop in real life..I am happy H&M is Swedish too..dunno why, but I am happy.
*Goes back to game building an IKEA store*

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th May 2014 at 2:08 PM
What is the fashion show thing H&M has?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 13th May 2014 at 10:38 AM
Apparently noone uses the fashion show heh.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 13th May 2014 at 12:25 PM
I think that refers to the advertisement for it which showed a cat walk made up from the stage tool. I remember a lot of people were peeved when it came out and of course there was no 'fashion show' just that you could make a sim walk down and back. You can do a fashion though, sim wardrobe made one. I have it, but I've never used it lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th May 2014 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think that refers to the advertisement for it which showed a cat walk made up from the stage tool. I remember a lot of people were peeved when it came out and of course there was no 'fashion show' just that you could make a sim walk down and back. You can do a fashion though, sim wardrobe made one. I have it, but I've never used it lol.

Same lol. H&M looked as if it had something similar, but I guess it was just creative previewing heh.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st May 2014 at 12:51 AM
I liked both those packs when I used to use them in my sims 2 (lol now Ive "cut back" on using stuff packs and all the expansions-its a phase lol)

The ikea stuff especially - and so many people have done some really cute recolors or ikea "additions" to get download happy with.
and the h&M again really cute recolors...and I loved the h&m items for the store...so yes worth it....see if you can get em used. ..or almost new to save money
Test Subject
#41 Old 22nd May 2014 at 4:04 AM
Before I got CC 97% of my furni was just IKEA. It's so good, lol. I used to have H&M tbh the only thing I loved it for was the fact you could download a custom H&M store
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd May 2014 at 5:24 AM
Pity IKEA didn't come with a custom store too. Well I got H&M cheap off Trade Me and someone brilliant gave IKEA to me, so I have them all now. *goes to paranoidly check that the ones she bought off Origin are still available*
Mad Poster
#43 Old 25th May 2014 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Well, thank you for at least making me feel I'm not THAT oblivious. I looked at the fashion show on the box and looked in the game, and just couldn't figure out why it didn't work. (I tried once and got distracted, so admittedly, I didn't Google it.)

And I deleted the Sim Wardrobe mod, too. Oh, well .... back on it goes!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
#44 Old 26th May 2014 at 5:15 PM
My friend who owns a copy of H&M might let me borrow it! Excited!!!
Test Subject
#45 Old 26th May 2014 at 6:48 PM Last edited by MadMagFreak : 26th May 2014 at 9:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I never heard of H & M until the stuff Pack, but a real life H & M store recently moved into a mall near me. I'm in Southern Arizona (Tucson) so they may have started coming into the Southwest.

i'm up in phoenix! and i literally hadn't stepped inside a real H&M until one opened up here about a year ago? i had known of H&M since the stuff pack was released in 2007, but didn't manage to see one in real life for another five years, which i find hilarious.

i had h&m well before i got the ikea game a few months back, but i'd still say the ikea pack has more uses. cheap furniture that isn't base-game ugly? SOLD!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 26th May 2014 at 7:30 PM
We have a few H&M's here on the East Coast of the US. I wouldn't say that they're super common though. The ones I can think of are all near affluent communities.

On the other hand....SWINGE!
Mad Poster
#47 Old 26th May 2014 at 9:38 PM
H&M is huge in Sweden. In the capital there is a street with three of them right next to eachother. It goes H&M - shoe store - H&M, and opposite that one across the street (pedestrian street) is... H&M. Because one is mostly underwear, one is mostly youth-based, and one is for everyone else. And there are another... four or so, within 5 minute walking distance. We like our H&M.
Page 2 of 2