Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modern Heritage

by bozlove Posted 16th Apr 2014 at 10:37 PM
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 11:27 PM
Love the house, you tell a good story too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 9:20 AM
It's beautiful! I don't have the required stuff packs but it's completely perfect and beautiful!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 7:57 PM
Quite charming!
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 8:06 AM
Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 2:00 PM
Loved this and your story so much that I made Sims to go with your story. I love small homes and clean lines. This one has both!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 1:19 PM
Nice work. Can you please tell me how can you built those, I assume, half walls on top of the house? Thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:27 PM
There are a number of excellent tutorials online for building half walls, but I learned from a friend.

I start by adding a second story of walls to the part of the building I want to extend. Then I build a 1x1 foundation nearby and build two stories of walls on it. I then open the cheat box and type boolprop constrainFloorElevation false, go to build mode > terrain > elevation and grab the level terrain tool.

Starting at the foundation walls, I drag the terrain tool over the walls I want to lower, and it's done. Just be sure to close the cheat when you're done by opening the cheat window and typing boolprop constrainFloorElevation true.

Using this building method instead of the half walls in the game allows you to put a roof or roofing tiles on it. And it's pretty easy. Just be sure to close the cheat or it will mess up everything. Oh, and save before you start the cheat. That way, if you mess up or don't like what you've done you can exit to the neighborhood - after closing the cheat and without saving - and you're back where you started.

Good luck building!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th May 2014 at 4:27 PM
Hello, i Like it. thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th May 2014 at 4:50 AM
Thank you ^^
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th May 2014 at 12:36 PM
gracias