Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cenotaph of the Tribal Covenant - Buy/Sell Infants/Toddlers

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 9th Mar 2014 at 9:53 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2017 at 11:21 PM by maybesomethingdunno

123 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 10:26 PM
This is a great mod, especially the fart contest option is awesome xD
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 10:49 PM
Wow, how awesome! I especially love the farting contest option, lol. Thank you, I've never sold a sim before, but now I can.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 10:59 PM
Oh, goodness..now my medievals will be able to sell their children, just like they used to..I love Gunk! He's cute!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 11:17 PM
Reposting cos I posted the wrong kind of post (so many buttons) ahem.

Interesting! Do the sold/given up kids end up in the adoption pool?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 11:31 PM
What a great idea, and what a great Ogre you created. I think I might just use this to transfer infants/toddlers from my orphanage to new parents.

I would like to point out though that your title is rather indescriptive. Very few could guess that "Cenotaph of the Tribal Covenant" would be a mod to transfer babies between families, and it seems a shame people would miss out on this just because they don't realize what it is. I clicked because it a picked upload and I wondered what it was, but others might not reason the same way. I'd consider changing, so that more people get to see this great creation of yours
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 11:53 PM
My resolve to keep my prehistoric 'hood as a fairly realistic, non-fantasy 'hood (yeah, yeah, except for magically inclined part-aliens!) is speedily weakening..... Earlier today I saw new pet dragons up for download, and now this. I must stay strong! I jest, of course, I'm pretty sure I'll give in eventually - this looks so cool! Thank you for sharing :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 12:18 AM
Thanks! It made me laugh, and it's useful. Good job!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 12:23 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 10th Mar 2014 at 3:37 AM.
Thanks, everyone.

Almighty Hat: Although I have not done extensive testing with the adoption pool, so far I have not had one of my sold toddlers appear in the adoption pool. But that may just be chance, I can't say for certain at this point.

gummilutt: I edited the title. Thanks, yeah, I meant to put a more descriptive title, simply using the object name as a placeholder...and promptly forgot to update it. People, always double check your uploads.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:06 AM
This is wonderful! Such a fresh and fun addition to the game thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:21 AM
This shall come in very useful. :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:27 AM
Really, really clever! Thank you very much =)
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 3:14 AM
Fantastic! Social services is just too modern, but Gunk is hilarious and perfect for fantasy / medieval hoods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 4:01 AM
Wow, how awesome and funny. A well deserved star pick.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 4:28 AM
Fantastic!!! What an awesome mod!! Well done!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 4:51 AM
Child: "Mommy, mommy, I know where the little babies come from! They are NOT brought by the stork like you wanted me to believe!"
Mother: *Blushes*
Child: "The ogre brings them!!!"
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:50 AM
Hilarious idea, thank you for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 6:08 PM
Seems like a great idea,but rosting a little one can be yummy.Thanks....
Theorist
#19 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 6:30 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 10th Mar 2014 at 6:42 PM.
Wonderful creativity! Thanks for sharing!

Will this work on a community lot - e.g. a market place or trading post?
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 10:14 PM
Fart contest....You're a guy, aren't you? Oh, who am I kidding? I regularly beat my boyfriend at fart contests. Vegans are a significant source of methane, you know.

ANYWAY! I play a completely modern 'hood...but Gunk's going in anyway. Because I can. I've been terminating pregnancies when more kids won't fit in a house and there's no room/money for moving/remodeling, but this is better. It's a good way to keep my born-in-games potentially playable and with their actual family ties intact. Thanks so much. You're the bestest.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 10:52 PM
This is amazing! I've always felt bad grilling my babies or having them being taaken away by the social worker. Somehow this seems kinder.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 1:14 AM
Sophie-David: The option to sell/give up a Sim probably won't be available unless you can get an infant or toddler to a community lot somehow. You can buy them at community lots though. When I bought a toddler Sim on a community lot, it appeared on the community lot (I had options to greet him, but the action fell from the Sim queue). When my Sim returned home, the toddler was waiting by the mailbox.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Sophie-David: The option to sell/give up a Sim probably won't be available unless you can get an infant or toddler to a community lot somehow. You can buy them at community lots though. When I bought a toddler Sim on a community lot, it appeared on the community lot (I had options to greet him, but the action fell from the Sim queue). When my Sim returned home, the toddler was waiting by the mailbox.

That is really cool to know! This will be quite useful for me thanks

More of my Sims Downloads HERE
Theorist
#24 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Excellent! Thank you MSD.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 8:05 AM
So this means if family A gives up a child, family B can adopt that specific child?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Page 1 of 5