Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 7-JUL-2016) Ingredient Moodlets From Meals + More Filling Kelp & Fish Meals For Mermaids

by icarus_allsorts Posted 20th Feb 2014 at 4:51 PM - Updated 6th Jul 2016 at 4:41 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 1:04 AM
This is a really detailed mod, and the work you put into it is amazing! I always thought it was total BS that mermaid hunger was really only satisfied by kelp and raw fish, since raw fish is TOTALLY not conspicuous AT ALL.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 5:08 AM
Oh my! This is complex! I'm a bit concerned about the fact that it will run this calculation the first time you grab a plate or put away leftovers. Won't that cause lag in the game? That's the only thing that concerns me.

What I really like about this is the vampire addition. I haven't bothered to play with mermaids (they don't intrigue me, so I probably won't), but I like the changes you made for vampires. It's nice that you added those in as well!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Oh my! This is complex! I'm a bit concerned about the fact that it will run this calculation the first time you grab a plate or put away leftovers. Won't that cause lag in the game? That's the only thing that concerns me.

What I really like about this is the vampire addition. I haven't bothered to play with mermaids (they don't intrigue me, so I probably won't), but I like the changes you made for vampires. It's nice that you added those in as well!

The calculation only runs if it's a mermaid eating the food, and shouldn't be the problem, but the whole adding fish to foods that don't have ingredients may be of concern (didn't experience any actual lag myself, but it might depend on the state of the game). Still, it is only run on foods that weren't actually cooked and only if the recipe requires fish only the first time a serving is taken from it (or the first time a sim attempts to put it in the fridge or the first time you click on it, but once any of these happen it will never happen to that serving of food ever again) so it shouldn't actually run very often (unless you happen to have many resort buffet tables serving sushi in your world since every time they are refreshed by the staff totally new plates of food are created, but again the process runs only when the first time someone grabs a serving from a table and it's not like they refresh the food that often). I guess I'm just trying to stress the situational nature of the mod (which frankly makes it not that useful, but heck after all the time I spent on it I decided to upload it as is!)

If it's still a concern, the process can be turned off in the tunings. I might upload a 'lite' version of the mod later for those not confident to edit the package with S3PE themselves.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
The calculation only runs if it's a mermaid eating the food, and shouldn't be the problem, but the whole adding fish to foods that don't have ingredients may be of concern (didn't experience any actual lag myself, but it might depend on the state of the game). Still, it is only run on foods that weren't actually cooked and only if the recipe requires fish only the first time a serving is taken from it (or the first time a sim attempts to put it in the fridge or the first time you click on it, but once any of these happen it will never happen to that serving of food ever again) so it shouldn't actually run very often (unless you happen to have many resort buffet tables serving sushi in your world since every time they are refreshed by the staff totally new plates of food are created, but again the process runs only when the first time someone grabs a serving from a table and it's not like they refresh the food that often). I guess I'm just trying to stress the situational nature of the mod (which frankly makes it not that useful, but heck after all the time I spent on it I decided to upload it as is!)

If it's still a concern, the process can be turned off in the tunings. I might upload a 'lite' version of the mod later for those not confident to edit the package with S3PE themselves.

I didn't say the complexity was a BAD thing, I actually admire you for it. I'm a bit OCD with certain things myself.

Thank you for the response, I have already downloaded and installed it. Seeing as I don't play mermaids, that aspect of it isn't why I would use it, but the vampire / plasma-made food is for me a huge plus. Having vampires grab these mysterious spawning plasma drinks from the fridge has always bothered me, so making things with the plasma fruit and having that appease their thirst appeals to me. (Even if it doesn't make particular sense for a vampire. They don't generally like cooked blood, after all.)
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:14 AM
does this work with 1.67?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samantha8982
does this work with 1.67?

Just patched up today, seems to work fine

New version available!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 5:25 PM
I have been wanting something like this for a while now (ingredients have effects for all sims). Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 6:38 AM
This is amazing. Thank you
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 5:42 AM
do you know about any other potential food mods that might be incompatible with this? my save game never loads when i have this mod installed :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
do you know about any other potential food mods that might be incompatible with this? my save game never loads when i have this mod installed :/

That's weird. What other mods do you have?
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 2:17 AM
This mod sounds great! I already use your cook with any ingredients mod. I'm having a problem with this one though. I use the NRAAS Error Trap and any sim that tries to eat Pizza gets a script error and is reset. Tested a few other things and it seems to only be pizza that does this to me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 5:51 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 12th Apr 2014 at 6:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Darkside43
This mod sounds great! I already use your cook with any ingredients mod. I'm having a problem with this one though. I use the NRAAS Error Trap and any sim that tries to eat Pizza gets a script error and is reset. Tested a few other things and it seems to only be pizza that does this to me.

Thanks for the report, lemme go check on this and I'll get back to you soon

EDIT: Ok uploaded a new version, it should be safe for your sims to eat Pizza now (and baby food and pet foods as well I realized). Thanks for catching this Darkside43
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 3:18 PM
i don't really have anything that should conflict, but my game is pretty weird in general when it comes to CC. i'll try again just using your mods by themselves
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:44 AM
i don't really have anything that should conflict, but my game is pretty weird in general when it comes to CC. i'll try again just using your mods by themselves

If you can't even start a new game with just this mod alone (preferably the latest version here right now) then that is something I'll have to look into.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:09 PM
Thanks for the report, lemme go check on this and I'll get back to you soon

EDIT: Ok uploaded a new version, it should be safe for your sims to eat Pizza now (and baby food and pet foods as well I realized). Thanks for catching this Darkside43

Awesome! Thanks for getting it fixed so quickly!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 7:47 PM
If you can't even start a new game with just this mod alone (preferably the latest version here right now) then that is something I'll have to look into.

turns out it's not your mod, just my game being weird. sorry about that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 4:31 AM
turns out it's not your mod, just my game being weird. sorry about that.

Thanks for informing. Hope you manage to solve your game's weirdness
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 6:03 PM
Thank you for this mod, it's great for the vampire I have in my current game. I have a quick question about the apples/watermelon benefits you mention. In my game I have used the NRaas Retuner mod to set it so that apples & watermelons do not affect on the gender of the baby. Could you tell me if your mod will pick this up? Or will your mod override the setting so apples & watermelons will affect gender again?

Thanks again for your great mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimlupai
I have a quick question about the apples/watermelon benefits you mention. In my game I have used the NRaas Retuner mod to set it so that apples & watermelons do not affect on the gender of the baby. Could you tell me if your mod will pick this up? Or will your mod override the setting so apples & watermelons will affect gender again?.

I assume you changed the value for kGenderOffsetPerFoodEaten in the Pregnancy XML using Retuner? In which case, yes the mod will read the new value you set so you don't have to worry when your sims eat apple or watermelon pancakes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 11:46 PM
Yes, that's the value I changed. That's great to know that it will be taken into account. Thank you again.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 9:28 PM
I love this mod! I was wondering, would it be tough to connect the "chocolate chuckles" moodlet to eating something made with the new cocoa plant? it really bothers me that EA hasn't done anything with it yet.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 7:03 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 29th Apr 2014 at 6:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DarkWillow76
I was wondering, would it be tough to connect the "chocolate chuckles" moodlet to eating something made with the new cocoa plant? it really bothers me that EA hasn't done anything with it yet.

Should be doable. That's one of the moodlets from the Late Night Bubble Bar isn't it? Lemme look into it.
EDIT: Okay, updated the mod. Since I don't have the cocoa plant I couldn't test to confirm if it works, but theoretically it should. Let me know if it doesn't.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:53 AM Last edited by DarkWillow76 : 6th May 2014 at 4:49 AM.
I discovered it works on cooked food only. eating a cocoa bean, a strawberry, or a banana in its raw state does not produce moodlets. I had no idea if this was intentional or not. just in case you meant for the raw foods to have the assigned moodlets I thought I would let you know. BTW having this mod installed along with the "cook with any ingredients" mod is working out really great! :-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th May 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkWillow76
I discovered it works on cooked food only. eating a cocoa bean, a strawberry, or a banana in its raw state does not produce moodlets. I had no idea if this was intentional or not. just in case you meant for the raw foods to have the assigned moodlets I thought I would let you know. BTW having this mod installed along with the "cook with any ingredients" mod is working out really great! :-)

Yea, eating raw ingredients is a separate interaction which this mod doesn't modify, EA never intended for those ingredients to give any moodlets it seems. I guess you can consider the extra moodlets a 'reward' of sorts to sims who took the effort to cook the meal with the ingredients with this mod? Glad to hear you're enjoying both mods
Page 1 of 3