Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pinewood Academy - University world replacement

by TeaWitch Posted 14th Mar 2014 at 6:53 PM - Updated 29th Mar 2014 at 7:28 AM by TeaWitch

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 8:23 AM
The original University world is great but I'm tired from it. Your small nice university world appears just in time!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 3:52 PM
you did a great job on this! thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:55 AM
It looks great and thanks for creating a custom uni that is less lagging ! This is one of the reasons why I seldom send my sims to Uni. Now I might send them more often ! I particularly like that you added so much trees: I find the original uni world bland because I'm always playing in home worlds that have a lot of trees...
Does the individual houses have sims like the fraternity/sorority houses ? Or is there only 3 groups of sims in the uni world ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Left4LifebyLight
The original University world is great but I'm tired from it. Your small nice university world appears just in time!

Thanks! Hope you'll like playing with it.

Quote: Originally posted by tambailey2002
you did a great job on this! thank you very much.

Glad to see you like it too.

Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
It looks great and thanks for creating a custom uni that is less lagging ! This is one of the reasons why I seldom send my sims to Uni. Now I might send them more often ! I particularly like that you added so much trees: I find the original uni world bland because I'm always playing in home worlds that have a lot of trees...
Does the individual houses have sims like the fraternity/sorority houses ? Or is there only 3 groups of sims in the uni world ?

Thank you! Yes, the oppotunities which sims receive from university are great (besides, I like the process itself), but the original uni was that lag-heavy, that I can't graduate my character even once. Now I hope more people can enjoy playing with it, even if they don't have ultrapowered computers.
As for individual homes, two of them are occupied by professors team, and in two more live four more student which don't belong to communities. In summary, it sets a nice amount of people so classes are filled but not overcrowded, but if you need a bigger community I suppose you can add some more families in "edit town" mode before starting a game, though it may need to use Nraas Master Controller functions to set them for departments.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 6:56 PM
Thank your for this! Very nice!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:19 AM
Thank you sooo much. I'm in the process of re-installing University because I think I might be able to play it finally. Because of you :3 Awesome!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 2:48 PM
Yay! I'm very happy to see this. I play on a non-gaming laptop and I've always hated how long it takes the Uni world to load. This is great!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 10:48 PM
Default Game Crashes
I really liked the idea of a smaller university world but each time I install this I follow the directions to the letter and when I send my sims to university my game crashes. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jennyc007
I really liked the idea of a smaller university world but each time I install this I follow the directions to the letter and when I send my sims to university my game crashes. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

That looks really strange. What kind of crash message did you get?
What version of the game do you have? This one made with 1.66/1.67. Maybe, some obsolete mods?
Besides, does the game crash when you start new game or from the old save? If you have any save in which you have traveled to the default university try to delete files which have names start with "University_" from that folder.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 5:37 PM
I'm having the same problem with the game crashing when I try to go to Uni. There's no crash message, but my game completely freezes up and the world never loads for me. I also installed things exactly as directed. I have the most recent game update.

I'm 19 and I think I'm funny sometimes. I idolize Alaksa 5000. Avid RuPaul fan.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 11:15 PM Last edited by jennyc007 : 28th Mar 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TeaWitch
That looks really strange. What kind of crash message did you get?
What version of the game do you have? This one made with 1.66/1.67. Maybe, some obsolete mods?
Besides, does the game crash when you start new game or from the old save? If you have any save in which you have traveled to the default university try to delete files which have names start with "University_" from that folder.

Threre is no crash message. I'm playing versions 1.67 and all of my mods are up to date as far as I know. I'm playing from a saved game. I haven't tried from a new game. I didn't see any files in the saves folder starting with "University_". I will try to play it from a new game though. Maybe that will work. Thanks!

*UPDATE* It works with new games, just not my saved game. No big deal for me. Thanks for all the help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jennyc007
Threre is no crash message. I'm playing versions 1.67 and all of my mods are up to date as far as I know. I'm playing from a saved game. I haven't tried from a new game. I didn't see any files in the saves folder starting with "University_". I will try to play it from a new game though. Maybe that will work. Thanks!

*UPDATE* It works with new games, just not my saved game. No big deal for me. Thanks for all the help!

Glad to hear that it finally works for you at least in that way! EA gives us a game which is a full basket of bugs, someone never know when and where find another one. Thanks for noticing, I'll add to post this information.
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 4:39 PM
Update on my end! I deleted all cache files from my game, to the point of deleting things i wasn't aware I could delete, and it worked perfectly. I meant to say this yesterday, but I ended up playing for 10 hours or so and wanted nothing to do with my computer. Haha.

I'm 19 and I think I'm funny sometimes. I idolize Alaksa 5000. Avid RuPaul fan.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TookaChan
Update on my end! I deleted all cache files from my game, to the point of deleting things i wasn't aware I could delete, and it worked perfectly. I meant to say this yesterday, but I ended up playing for 10 hours or so and wanted nothing to do with my computer. Haha.

Which cache files did you end up deleting? I'd like to be able to play this university with my saved game as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:31 PM
I'm having same crush problem, running 1.55. Starting a new game is not helping. Mby I am missing some cache files...
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th May 2014 at 11:02 AM
This works great! I am very happy with this world so far. I was leary of trying it out at first but decided to give it try. I had stopped sending my Sims to university as I wasn't able to get any of them to graduate. The original world lagged badly and wasn't user friendly. It kept locking up on me and was just a pain to try to play. I decided to give yours a try and love it so far. It's compact and easy to navigate from place to place-in the original my Sims would often not be able to get to class on time just leaving from the dorms and would end up skipping the class because it took them so long to get there. I just finished 1 week/term of game play and all went well. Only odd thing happening there in this time is 2 of the male NPC's in my Sims dorm started running around pants less. Don't know what's up with that but it's not a major problem and easy to ignore. I don't know who is doing it but while my Sim was out of the building at some point someone 'stole' all the bookcases out of the dorm building. Odd but again not anything major and the Sims can go to the library and/or the book store.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th May 2014 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blutoad
This works great! I am very happy with this world so far. I was leary of trying it out at first but decided to give it try. I had stopped sending my Sims to university as I wasn't able to get any of them to graduate. The original world lagged badly and wasn't user friendly. It kept locking up on me and was just a pain to try to play. I decided to give yours a try and love it so far. It's compact and easy to navigate from place to place-in the original my Sims would often not be able to get to class on time just leaving from the dorms and would end up skipping the class because it took them so long to get there. I just finished 1 week/term of game play and all went well. Only odd thing happening there in this time is 2 of the male NPC's in my Sims dorm started running around pants less. Don't know what's up with that but it's not a major problem and easy to ignore. I don't know who is doing it but while my Sim was out of the building at some point someone 'stole' all the bookcases out of the dorm building. Odd but again not anything major and the Sims can go to the library and/or the book store.

I'm happy to hear this world works great for you! University has lots of fun momets, and if only EA didn't allways use the largest maps for their worlds may be it wouldn't be so laggy.
Nudity running is a feature from Uni EP, but I've never seen a bookcase burglar. Who knows, may be some of rebels needed them for barricades.
Wish you'll have fun playing it further!
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 4:53 PM
THANK YOU!! This is brilliant, I've been dying for a less laggy Uni world!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:33 PM
Great University replacement! I love the welcoming, community college feel to this mod.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 3:04 PM
Nice world, far less laggy than EA university. Travel times are also shorter and routing is way better.
However, houses are too small for me, as I like playing with medium-sized houses like 30x30 or 40x40. It's also too bad the largest lake is not usable. Still, it's a nice alternative.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jairswyn
Nice world, far less laggy than EA university. Travel times are also shorter and routing is way better.
However, houses are too small for me, as I like playing with medium-sized houses like 30x30 or 40x40. It's also too bad the largest lake is not usable. Still, it's a nice alternative.

You are welcome! University rabbitholes are rather huge, so it's a challenge to stack them with big residental lots on a small map. Maybe one day I'll make another version of replacement on a medium one with huge mansions for rent.
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TeaWitch
You are welcome! University rabbitholes are rather huge, so it's a challenge to stack them with big residental lots on a small map. Maybe one day I'll make another version of replacement on a medium one with huge mansions for rent.

Maybe you could use the university rabbit hole rugs? They allow you to make university venues on small lots. I don't remember where to find these however.
By the way, I really like the fact that there's enough population in the world, so it's not empty, but also not too much, so the crowd of stuck sims in front of students union is gone
Anyway if you're planning on making a medium uni replacement, I'd be very glad to give it a try. In the meantime I'll just delete some lots in the world so I can put a bigger one there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:15 PM
This an AMAZING creation
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:23 PM
This is an outstanding hood. Thankyou for making university not just playable but enjoyable.
Page 1 of 2