Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alexpuddy
Also, would you mind explaining how to disable cars. I can't seem to do it for the life of me.

I haven't tested this yet (I just now discovered it), but if you have Retuner installed, click on City Hall > NRass > Retuner > Settings > General > By Object > Car, and try turning everything to False. I'm going to test it out more when I come back later, but if you got it working before then, please, let me know!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 8:35 PM
I started this challenge today, and it is great! I also have troubles with turning the cars off, but I know that one of twallans mods, namely traffic, has an option to disallow cars during generel routing, which sadly also turn off bicycles I think, but maybe that is okay. Instead of traveling on bicycle the sims could jog to places or run. Or maybe own horses on which they sould travel? Just suggestions
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annoyinggirlfriend
I haven't tested this yet (I just now discovered it), but if you have Retuner installed, click on City Hall > NRass > Retuner > Settings > General > By Object > Car, and try turning everything to False. I'm going to test it out more when I come back later, but if you got it working before then, please, let me know!

I tried that too but it didn't seem to work.
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 9:39 PM
smukkemiss is correct, I just checked and the info on the traffic mod is found here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traffic+Interactions
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 10:18 PM
Yes, I dont know how to do it either. First I tried Retuner and I though it would work, but the cars dont disappear. If you dont find another way, I could either use traffic mod and walk to places or use horses. Or if you dont mind cars passing by, every household member should have a bike in the inventory. They always use it instead of a car.
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 11:09 PM
I am also trying the challenge, it sounded so much fun, and it actually is! I had so much fun creating my sims, making them look like they had really just two shirts and two pairs of jeans or something. I was also very happy to see that the virus spread, because I never really worked with mods before (only awesome mod, but I had premade configurations for it), but I turned out to be not so happy how quickly the virus spread, because I think my start wasn't thaaaaaat good. At day 3 I had the feeling the whole town must be zombies, haha. But actually, I am quite happy that it is spreading quickly, because that is only realistic.
I also downloaded tons of abadoned houses and cc that fits in the setting, so my survivors have something to discover. Sooooo, I have a question about this. Since all these houses are normal lots, and they are not occupied, I can't go in the houses. Is there a way/cheat/mod I actually could go inside?
Also I discovered some problems with dexter-,vector- and returner-mod in connection to awesome-mod. Just wanted to say that for other ones.
And sorry for any mistakes, not a native speaker.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 12:23 AM
Hi Simslover,
thanks´s for your feedback I would love to see some screeshots of your sims.
When you mention the normal lots, you mean the abandoned houses you´ve downloaded right? I´m sure there are ways to get inside of them. The following suggestions were not tested by me, so I´m note sure they will work perfectly. But you can try this:
- Use cheat "familyfunds (name of your household/family) quantity of simolieons" or "motherlode" and give your family a whole lot a money. Then make them buy all those houses. Use the phone for that. Now that the houses are theirs, they can go there whenever they want (visit). Just pretend in your mind they are still abandoned houses.
- I think retuner also has a way to define property ownership, but I have no idea how. I dont deal very well with retuner.
- Finally (and I dont know if this works with empty houses), you could use teleportation to get inside of a house. You can do this also in occupied houses. Type testingcheatsenabled true, go near the house, try to peak through a window, and that will give you a full view of the house interior. Then click inside a room and teleport there.

Note: You can use Weapon System from desecrate (mod) instead of dexter bear.

Hope that helps!
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 12:25 AM
So, have we decided that using the traffic mod is the only way to remove cars from the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 12:57 AM
Kinda crazy idea, but how about in edit town mode remove every vehicle from all families. And after that use traffic mode to set number of taxis to zero?

QUOTE Traffic Delta - Use this to increase or decrease the number of taxis generated by the traffic manager UNQUOTE
Field Researcher
#35 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 4:27 AM
Does anyone know where I can download a generator, so I can simulate my sims having minimal electricity though the generator. I was thinking that the surviving sims could also go out to scavenge some gas for the generator, along with scavenging for meds, ammo, materials and food.
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 4:52 AM
Once I read about this challenge, I was so excited and quickly began to download supernatural just so i could play this! I will post screenshots of my adventure. Thank you for putting the time and effort into making the rules and replying to everyone.
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simslover32
I also downloaded tons of abadoned houses and cc that fits in the setting, so my survivors have something to discover. Sooooo, I have a question about this. Since all these houses are normal lots, and they are not occupied, I can't go in the houses. Is there a way/cheat/mod I actually could go inside?

If you have twallans masterController you can clik on a house and use the open command. Then the house opens so you can see and walk inside. But remember to close it when you leave, because I head that having to many lots open will negatively affect how well your game runs.
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 4:29 PM
Just a quick update: on my second play through Moonlight Falls, after replacing everyone with human sims, I started with four sims, set the season to start off in Spring, made sure to lock all gates/doors, and set the patient zeros to 2. As soon as I started the game, I went to two different farms and nabbed all the veggies and ingredients I could from the gardens. It took all of a sim day, and all the while the disease was spreading like crazy. One zombie came, but with all four sims fighting it, it died easily. I took all four back to the abandoned cabin they call home and planted about half of the veggies they stole, which left me with enough (at least, I hope it's enough) to survive until the veggies in the garden mature and become harvestable. I did it this way so that they wouldn't have to eat out of the fridge for a week to make it seem more like the place they're in has been abandoned for a while. I thought it would be more of a challenge, but they have so much food now that I'm starting to wonder. I will be play testing them out for another sim week to see if they have enough food to survive. Oh! Also, I started with only four sims because two was not enough to fight off zombies, and eight seemed unrealistic to start with. Also, any children my sims encounter while they are out and about in the town, I add to the household to make it feel more like the survivors are trying to save everyone they can. I'm lovin' this challenge so much!
Test Subject
#39 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alexpuddy
So, have we decided that using the traffic mod is the only way to remove cars from the game?

I just tested it. Traffic does do the trick! After you install, click on City Hall > NRass > Traffic > Routing and turn everything to false
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:03 PM
how do i change everyone to zombies. i'm pretty new to these mods and i'm having a little trouble with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:13 PM
Hey Silver,

Copy/pasting:
"To create a zombie infection, you must download VECTOR MOD. This mod starts the infection on 2 random sims from the town (I think 2 sims is the default number), and the disease starts spreading to all other townies very fast. These 2 random sims start attacking other sims (zombie attack). Every infected sim will become permanent zombies and are ALWAYS zombies, ignoring the lunar fase stuff.
You need to set this mod in order to work according to your needs. So you need to click in Town Hall, select nraas and select "Vector". There are several settings you can adjust. Meaning, you must click on "Activate", than choose "Zombie Rage". After that, click "General", choose "Inoculation Base Classification" (it´s the first one on the list) and set it to zero. Also, on the same list, do not allow non active sims to buy inoculation (set it to false). After that, go to "Diseases", click on zombie rage and choose "low lethality". Finally click in "Outbreaks" and choose "Initiate outbreak".
You now have a zombie rage outbrake in your town."

Let me know if that suffices
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 2:56 AM
this is what shows when i click vector:

Doctors
General
Outbreaks
Show Debugging
Total Reset
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:02 AM
OH! I think i know what to do now. Thank you.
Test Subject
#44 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:17 AM
I finally got it! WOO!
Test Subject
#45 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:32 AM
This is the beginning. Here we go! So many sims have already been infected.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#46 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:45 AM
some zombies dancing. they look hilarious.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 4:14 PM
Keep us posted of your progress :D
Test Subject
#48 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:26 PM
warning: once you kill a zombie, you will be miserable for 7 days.

my sim is miserable so now he can't garden.

good thing it's raining!
Test Subject
#49 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:32 PM
Freaky
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:38 PM
You can remove that moodlet by typing "testingcheatsenabled true" and clicking on the moodlet.
Page 2 of 4