Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ca. 1895 Tompkins-Plymel House, Jasper, Florida

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 5th Jan 2014 at 12:44 PM - Updated 25th Nov 2017 at 9:05 PM by Fergus' Mind

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 12:51 PM
i love how you also give the history of the home. Excellent. thank you for sharing.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:31 PM
I'm so glad you were able to rescue the roof on this one! It's such an interesting shaped house.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:16 PM
Lovely house, such an interesting shape, not sure it would even work in sims 2.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:05 PM
Amazing job! Another one of your homes that I have to have! Thanks! I love history, the Victorian style and playing my Sims vicariously through this, since I couldn't afford this IRL!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 10:41 PM
Yeah uhhm, your inbox appears to be full so I'll try it to tell ya this way.

This house actually makes me think, I don't know why
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Yeah uhhm, your inbox appears to be full

Thanks for letting me know. I've cleared some space there now.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 7:38 PM
You did an awesome job renovating The Tompkins-Plymel!
It was a pleasure to read about the house, as well.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 3:44 AM
What a great job recreating the 1880's feel. I love the diagonal rooms. I can imagine cicadas and fireflies in the yard.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd May 2014 at 5:08 AM
I like the house, but the top front room is unusable because of the roofs extending into the room.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd May 2014 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chocoloti
I like the house, but the top front room is unusable because of the roofs extending into the room.

I didn't have any troubles when play-testing, admittedly I had to place some objects using the MoveObjects cheat, but the sim family still managed okay. Are there any specific areas that your sims are struggling with in that room, i.e. a particular piece of furniture or a particular group of tiles?
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd May 2014 at 9:04 PM
My sim's spouse couldn't get in the bed from the street side and if a chair or the mirror was moved to one of the front 3 walls they can't use them. In Build mode you can see how the roofs are in the room blocking anything near them. I will just remodel the house a bit. The rest of the house is great.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th May 2014 at 11:55 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I think I've managed to fix it by rearranging the furniture. However my solution has meant that the fishbowl and 2-seater sofa are now in accessible and so have only been left for decorative purposes. But the rest of the functional objects in the room are now accessible/usable.
I'm not sure what else there is that I can do except loose that space as a bedroom and open it up to the room below.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:37 AM
Great job. Thank you.