Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Little Critters

by fakepeeps7 Posted 19th Oct 2013 at 2:24 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 6:34 PM by fakepeeps7

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 3:07 PM
Cute outfits

About the textures, I've noticed that toddler and infant outfits won't always display textures bigger than 512x512 properly. I think it might have something to do with their skintones being 512x512 and the textures displaying the 512x512 size whether or not there is a bigger texture, although I don't know for sure. I tried sizing up the baby skintone to 1024x1024 for a baby skintone changer once, and the outfit (that was glued on and in original 1024x1024 size) showed properly, but the default replacement still showed the blurry 512x512 version. Toddler outfits seem to work the same way, and usually go a bit blurry if the clothing texture is bigger than the skin texture.

If you look at an outfit that is 1024x1024 in SimPE you'll see that it makes different sizes of the texture, and that the 512x512 size is a little blurry because it is scaled down, and looks more like the one that shows ingame. I haven't succeeded in figuring out a fix yet, but I have a feeling it is somehow linked to the size of the skin texture, as this only happens to toddler and infant outfits.

My ingame graphics are on the highest settings, and I've got a decent enough graphic card for both my computers, and this still happens, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with computer graphics.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Cute outfits

About the textures, I've noticed that toddler and infant outfits won't always display textures bigger than 512x512 properly. I think it might have something to do with their skintones being 512x512 and the textures displaying the 512x512 size whether or not there is a bigger texture, although I don't know for sure. I tried sizing up the baby skintone to 1024x1024 for a baby skintone changer once, and the outfit (that was glued on and in original 1024x1024 size) showed properly, but the default replacement still showed the blurry 512x512 version. Toddler outfits seem to work the same way, and usually go a bit blurry if the clothing texture is bigger than the skin texture.

If you look at an outfit that is 1024x1024 in SimPE you'll see that it makes different sizes of the texture, and that the 512x512 size is a little blurry because it is scaled down, and looks more like the one that shows ingame. I haven't succeeded in figuring out a fix yet, but I have a feeling it is somehow linked to the size of the skin texture, as this only happens to toddler and infant outfits.

My ingame graphics are on the highest settings, and I've got a decent enough graphic card for both my computers, and this still happens, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with computer graphics.

Thanks, simmer22; that is interesting. You may be right. I've only noticed this on recent toddler outfits, which were age conversions of one sort or another (and so used the 1024x1024 textures). I really don't like shrinking the textures in Photoshop, though, as they tend to get blurry. I'll have to experiment sometime and see which is worse: blurry scaled-down textures or the game blur from too-big textures.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 8:20 PM
I think I might be right in it being the skin size. I resized my default skins to 1024x1024 for infants and toddlers to test it, and now the 1024x1024 infant outfits show in the proper size. Doesn't seem to affect smaller textures, and the skins look pretty much the same, so it's a nice quick-fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 8:47 PM
Omg..I absolutely love EVERYTHING that you do, thank you so much for all the work that you put into making the cuteness! <3
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 1:52 AM
Tiny Octopus is coming for your blocks and kittens! Fear Tiny Octopus!

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think I might be right in it being the skin size. I resized my default skins to 1024x1024 for infants and toddlers to test it, and now the 1024x1024 infant outfits show in the proper size. Doesn't seem to affect smaller textures, and the skins look pretty much the same, so it's a nice quick-fix.

This is a great tip and should be shared far and wide. I'll go post it in my journal, every little bit helps.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 2:19 AM
adorable!! thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 3:54 PM
Love the outfits!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 2:34 PM
So cute! Can't wait to use them, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 5:17 AM
Oh ohm you done messed up now! Now I'm on a fakepeeps7 download spree.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:28 PM
:))) Thank y
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:28 PM
:))) Thank y
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 11:59 PM
i love all your clothes thank you so much!! they are so cute!