Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 3:33 PM Last edited by heaven : 15th Nov 2013 at 3:39 PM.
Default MTS Official 2014 Calendar Contest: TS2
Official MTS 2014 Calendar Contest: The Sims 2
Use your creativity to showcase your game in a shot fitting for each month of the year. The picture should be a landscape or build/decor picture without sims as the main focus representing the "feel" of a particular month. Have the living room decorated for Christmas? Take a picture! Have a pumpkin patch to visit for Halloween? Take a picture! Please use northern hemisphere seasons.

Rules
1. 1 picture per entry. You may only enter a month one time but may enter 2 separate months.
2. Only 15 entrants per month. Please no place holders. Each spot is only filled once the picture has been submitted.
3. CC is allowed. However, please make sure to follow MTS rules for CC; no pay content.
4. Pictures must be 1000 (width) x 750 (height).

5. No photo editing.
6. When posting your picture, please make sure to include the month it belongs to.
7. Sims 2 only. For Sims 3 version, please go here

How to Enter
1. Pick a month and take a picture to represent that month.
2. Upload the picture to any image host - Tinypic, Photobucket, Flickr, or ModYourPanties
3. Start a new post on this thread - click Go Advanced, and you can click the little "Insert Image" icon in the toolbar, or just copy-paste the image location into some [img] tags. Make sure to include which month your picture is for.
4. Submit your post - doing so will submit your entry.

Duration/Time Period
The contest begins November 1st, as soon as this is posted. Contestants will have until November 30th to post pictures. However, if a month fills up before that date, that month will be closed for new entries and judging.

Contestants
15 per month maximum

Judging and Scoring
Judging will be done by a panel MTS Staff and these are the things that the panel will be looking out for when entries are judged.
  • Theme - Does your picture represent the month you chose?
  • Creativity - Originality of idea
  • Style - Use of space, props, is it pretty?
  • Rules - CC adherence, no editing, inclusion of month

Prizes
A sticker for both winners AND participants, like these.
Also, a calendar will be made for download with each winning month.
And, of course, the blue ribbons for each month’s winner.

Chat Thread
If you don’t get a spot in your month, or want to post for more than the allowed amount of months, or just want to chat about the entries, please post in our Chat Thread!

Questions
Q: Can I have sims in my picture?
A: Yes, as long as they are not the main focus of the shot. They should just be background noise.

Q:What if the sim is dressed up for the season?
A: Again, they should be background noise only as a complement to your focus.

Q: I already entered 2 separate months for TS2. Can I compete in the TS3 calendar as well?
A: Yes, you may. If you play both games, you're more than welcome to submit for both contests, giving you 4 chances to win!

The picture you post will be your final shot - make it good. Posting a random picture of a christmas tree, easter bunny, yourself, etc to reserve a spot is not allowed and it will be deleted. If you want to post pictures like that, please see the chat thread linked above.

Once your post has been added to the table, it may not be changed. Do not change the picture, you may not delete it and enter a new month instead, etc. If you choose to delete your entry, you are removing yourself from the contest and no further entries will be permitted from you.

If anyone is notified that they have used pay content, their entries will be disqualified. The spots they had will NOT be held.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 3:41 PM Last edited by heaven : 20th Dec 2013 at 4:59 PM.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 11:36 PM

May

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 1:01 AM
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 3:17 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:10 AM.

November

Yay, my first time in a contest! Hope I get 37th place, lol!

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 10:55 AM
Default ijustneedsomeeyes has entered the contest!
~o~o~o~December~o~o~o~

~o~o~o~December~o~o~o~

Also, this is also my first contest. Yay me! :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 2:45 PM
Default ijustneedsomeeyes's second entry
June

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 3:47 PM
Thread and contestant table has been updated. If your name is up there, please don't edit your thread.

hannahsim201999, your picture is the wrong size. You may edit your thread and replace your picture with a new one that is the correct size, just be sure to come back and make a new post to let me know that you've done so.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 4:53 AM

February

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
The other one
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:28 AM
Just added you to the table, Fivey, but then it occurred to me that this might be a TS3 entry accidentally added to the TS2 thread and not just loads of TS3 stuff converted for TS2. (apparently I can't tell the difference! lol). Please let us know

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:31 PM
December!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 2:22 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 3rd Nov 2013 at 2:52 PM.
sweetavatar12- Before you post any more entries, perhaps you should re-read the rules in the first post? You're only allowed 2 entries. Personally, I like your May and October entries the best. (Then again, you've already got one entry so couldn't keep both of those!)

(Heaven, feel free to delete this post at any time!)

edited so I don't spam up the entry thread and I forgot that sweetavatar12 already had 1 entry. Also, adding a "You're welcome, heaven".
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 2:41 PM Last edited by heaven : 3rd Nov 2013 at 3:05 PM.
sweetavatar12, mustluvcats is right. You may only enter twice. Additionally, that Halloween picture is not yours AND uses pay content. Using other people's pictures and "official" pictures is not only against the spirit of the contest but also just not cool, especially since by entering you're claiming it as your own. You are now disqualified from entering and your entries will be removed.

RelenaiSims, your entry has been added to the table, thank you.

And mustluvcats, thanks for the help!

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 6:02 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Just added you to the table, Fivey, but then it occurred to me that this might be a TS3 entry accidentally added to the TS2 thread and not just loads of TS3 stuff converted for TS2. (apparently I can't tell the difference! lol). Please let us know

Ha! No, I play TS2. I just have a great graphics card and a fair amount of conversions.

Simblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:01 PM

July

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Alchemist
#17 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 10:28 PM Last edited by ekrubynaffit : 7th Nov 2013 at 7:21 AM.

March

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 9:02 AM

December
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 2:28 PM
ekrubynaffit - your picture is too small at the moment. Please edit your post with the correct size and then come back and poke me with a new post when you've done that.

hannahsim201999 - you've been added to the table.

Alchemist
#20 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 6:56 PM
Sorry Heaven, but I dont know why its doing it but I had changed it to 1000x644 when I uploaded it to imageshack, and for some reason imageshack has resized it to 800x515. Copied my pic back to desktop again (since I dont have it anymore) resized it in paint.net, which caused it to go a bit blurry, thought Id try it with photobucket this time, and its resized it again to 800x515! So Im not sure what to do at this point!

Scrap that managed to sort out using mod your panties I think, though it is rather blurry now which is a bit annoying!!

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 7:16 PM
It should be 1000x750 so it's still too small. I'd recommend retaking the picture in game and then trying from there. Which may work to your advantage as you can take a shot without the gridlines too.

Alchemist
#22 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 8:44 PM Last edited by ekrubynaffit : 7th Nov 2013 at 7:22 AM.
Gee I didnt even notice that!!! Total fail all round!!! Sorry!

I think Im done, thanks for your patience!

Sockpuppet
#23 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 3:42 PM
Default December
Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 4:10 PM
ekrubynaffit, I noticed you changed out your picture. Perfect now so I'm adding to to the table. OffiesCat, I've added you as well.

Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 3:36 AM
Default August
August

c'est la vie

Page 1 of 5