Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 10:41 PM
Default Simple things you want in Sims 4.
I want a social worker who isn't physic. I mean, really. If the child goes out in public and is starving to death, someone will notice. If the child is in a room with no doors or windows, though..

AND MORE REALISTIC TIME. It's hard to say how old a sim is in years because the "years" are so weird. Also, aging up=

What's a (somewhat) simple thing you want in Sims 4?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:23 PM
Car animations.
Alchemist
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:39 PM
Baby legs.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:48 PM
Infants that are more like our TS2 infants..or..to qoute Original_Sim "BABY LEGS" . Toss the blankets!

Option to actually BATHE toddlers and infants in the base game tub or sinks ((PLEASE!!)
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:48 PM
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:49 PM
Oh, and in game templates so that we can create custom towns right in the BASE game.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 12:06 AM
The ability to create worlds that doesn't force itself to be so complicated. I love every part of creating new neighborhoods apart from the terraforming. Would be a bit nice to be able to start with a premade map for those times when I've got an idea but neither the time nor the patience to terraform and route out the whole map.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 1:11 AM
Bananas that do not grow on apple trees. Also concerning the gardening in general: if it is a potato or carrot plant for example, the sim does not "swipe" at the plant and the whole thing disappears up their speciul ass pocket, or look like they are gathering the leaves like tomatos; they grab the plant and drag it from the ground, and the veggies are hanging there on the plant, the sim rips off and drops the green plant matter and the veggies remain in their hand. If the veggies must then simply disappear into their speciul pocket inventory at the end, then so be it. Maybe they could receive a magical accessory basket which they fill with the veggies/fruit; when the basket is full they have to take it inside and empty it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Theorist
#9 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 1:48 AM
Default Let's try to improve the clothing
I'd like to see nicer clothes. Designers for the game should check out the popular CC sites and see what people want and like. Seriously, some of the "fashions" and color combos we have seen from EA/Maxi are just strange and poorly done.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 1:50 AM
You really want to know what I want to see in The Sims 4? *whispers in ear* Solo woohoo *walks away*

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Alchemist
#11 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 2:57 AM
functional routing.

no, really. functional. routing.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 3:38 AM
One-sided relationships!

Oh, and an integrated story maker (not online please)!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 3:46 AM Last edited by sims4eva24 : 4th Oct 2013 at 4:15 AM. Reason: More
Just overall better game play. I want to feel like I'm playing a improved sims. Not like the reboxed or went completely out of the field. Real babies and toddlers and the things we should be able to do with them would be great. Better family interactions all around. In TS3 I can't tell whose family/married unless I look, and that's sad. They should focus on the game as a whole. Instead of picking one thing and maxing it but the rest areas are sadly lacking. Other stuff I would like hot tubs baby changing table bathing baby monitors walker strollers and playpen diving boards.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 3:59 AM
I'd like the sims to make a mess in the kitchen when they are cooking. Have pans and pots to clean after cooking, not just plates.
Instructor
#15 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 5:47 AM
Just in general, I guess being more active with their environment. I'd like for sims to be able to be directed or autonomously sit/lean/lay on more things than chairs, sofas and beds. They've already mentioned being able to sit on the bed, which is good, but I'd like it to be expanded more. Like right now, I'm using my tablet, but I'm on the floor because my charger cord is short and I need to be closer to the outlet. But sometimes I find myself simply reading on the floor and leaning against my bed or the wall, or just sitting on my front or back stoop.
When I was in school, I never had a desk at home; I did my homework at the end of my bed if I didn't want to be at the table or in front of the tv. Growing up I lived in a townhouse and one of the best places to hang out with friends was the front stairs. In school too - HS and college - a quiet staircase (or under them!) was a great place to chill! Or just random places; on the floor in the hallway, behind the houses, leaning or sitting on fences/walls, trees...

Better yet expand that even more to include more than hanging out in those places. Let sims be able to eat or read or draw/write or play on their phones or sneak about with a special someone in all those places too :L It would just be so nice to be like, "Oh where's Caroline? I know she's at home but I don't see her." *double click her portrait and zoom to see her drawing on the floor under her bed with a flashlight (yeah I did that too xD)* Or "Where's David? it's midnight and he's a teen but he's not in bed? *Sees he's invited a nice 'friend' over, and because he shares a room with his brother, he and his 'friend' are getting cozy in the basement instead*

Oh yeah, something a little unrelated -- I'd like some active parenting. And by that I mean that we can direct sim parents to make rules. i.e., being able to assign chores to children or assign curfews - "Anna has to wash and put away the dinner dishes" "Joseph has to take out all the trash in the evening" "Kids younger than teens have to be home by 6pm" "No dating until a certain point in teenhood." Yet, if any of these rules are broken, we can make the parent acknowledge them and choose a punishment ("No computer games for 2 days; Grounded for 3 days") or just let it go. That way you can make all types of parents -- extra strict, one nice parent, one 'mean' parent, and those parents who don't care at all what their kids do. Also, linking it back to 'being aware of of their environment', punished toddlers could be 'sent to the corner' and teens who aren't suppose to be dating could find quiet places to be with their loved ones.

Okay, maybe not so simple. But it's what I want
Forum Resident
#16 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:27 AM
Would be nice if parenting could be different in different households, some being strict with their kids and others letting them run amok. And if a strictly raised kid gets to play at the family house where the kids may do pretty much anything, they might want to do that at home too.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 8:17 AM
Terrain that raises and lowers by one click at a time, instead of going "sluurrrrrp bubble-bubble" up and down random inches each click.

Similar for the camera. Please only move on one plane at a time you don't have to start looking downwards just cos you're trying to move backwards. Or pan up and down just cos you got a certain distance from the building.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#18 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Or pan up and down just cos you got a certain distance from the building.
OMG this annoys me to no end.

And it has been said before in this thread, but it bears repeating. It is FAR to easy to live the "good life" in the game. You don't even need a job anymore. I remember, in the first Sims, that when I finally earned enough cash to buy/build the house I wanted, I felt a sense of accomplishment. Part of the fun was starting from nothing and working your way up. You had to make sacrifices sometimes, (hence all those "Buy a pizza, sell the window" memes), but that was the point. Now, I just have to go across the street, catch a bug or pick up a rock, and sell for cash. Or just start a Gnome Breeding Mill. Get a few, let them attract more, and sell them for $1000 a pop. (Makes me wonder what people are doing to them after I sell 'em, but that's what they get for turning on the TV at 3 AM, and waking up the whole household. )
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 2:32 PM
Bags for both men and women. And some animations like searching for something in it. At least let them carry one when going to work. And vacuum cleaner.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:09 PM
Yep a vaccum cleaner and lawnmowers.....:-P
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:12 PM
Worn-looking furniture.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Terrain that raises and lowers by one click at a time, instead of going "sluurrrrrp bubble-bubble" up and down random inches each click.

Can't believe how much TS3 made me miss that.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:41 PM
I just remembered the existence of the Fears in TS2. That was a nice, realistic system; not only having sims want something to happen, but also having them have things that they don't want to happen. I'd like that back in TS4. The Aspiration Failures in TS2 were pretty neat too. Having a mental breakdown when everything seems to be going south, also realistic. At least for some.
Alchemist
#23 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:48 PM
Community lots that actually have a lot of sims on them. Why have a huge beautiful park with 2 sims in it?
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 5:07 PM Last edited by Laantjuh90 : 4th Oct 2013 at 5:23 PM.
I don't want my sims to be able to carry a flatscreen tv in their inventory at all times. Just not realistic. Buy something in a shop that's too big? Hire a van.

Also, I'd like my Sims to join a club or something. For instance: Tennis practice every Thursday at 7 and Saturday at 11. And that they gain an exclusive skill while there, and chance cards, competition, blahblah, you can fill in the blanks I think. And for it to have an ACTUAL EFFECT on Sims' lives, like missing out on your uncle's wedding party because there's a big match coming up. Or something like that. In other words, for Sims to have an agenda that goes beyond 'school', 'work' and 'curfew'

Furthermore, earning money, and leading the good life in general, is just tooooo easy, even with hacks. I'd like the difficulty to be higher, or at least have difficulty options.

I despised the whole 'making friends in a rabbit hole' of the sims 3. I'd host a party, and invite friends from work, but I had NO clue who those friends were because I'd never seen them before! I don't like that, I want to pick my own friends, haha.

Last but not least, I'd like the Sims 4 base game to be...how to put it...not so vanilla. Going from TS2 to TS3 was such a bummer because there were so much things you suddenly couldn't do anymore. I understand the need for expansions, (money money money) but I think the community has more than enough fantasy to make a gazillion expansions. Just make things like pets or a vacation available for base game too...

EDIT: one more thing...I just keep going, hahaha. A sense of equality! When momma sim has to do all the cleaning and washing etc. while dad just sits on the couch watching tv, she has to get mad! Like, you lazy cow, go make yourself useful! *relationship hit* Of course he can make up for it by making a sweet gesture, or picking up that vacuum cleaner more often, hahaa. Don't like it? Just hire a maid, which need to be more expensive btw...
Instructor
#25 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 5:47 PM
The whole game being offline. Not force feeding me online stuff all the time.

Other than that, how about it being more stable than a one-legged bear on an unicycle? Seriously, TS3 was atrocious. No FPS limiting, doesn't use more than 2gb of ram unless you force it to, loads every single texture for every single object, corrupts your save files at the drop of a hat...even the good things it has I can't enjoy because it's so unstable and slow, even with a good PC.

Gameplay wise, an attraction system from the get go. As I've said numerous times before, if you have time to put a swagger walk style into the game, you can put in decent chemistry too.
Page 1 of 29