Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lumi Saarinen

by Vampire_aninyosaloh Posted 20th Sep 2013 at 4:29 PM - Updated 20th Sep 2013 at 7:52 PM by Vampire_aninyosaloh

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 11:37 AM
I'm from Finland, and when I see that sim I was like: "What? Brown eyes?" I mean, finnish people rarely has brown eyes or orange hair. But the name 'Lumi Saarinen' is great, Lumi is my cousin name.
(P.S: I'm girl, sorry my bad english, and here are not polar bears :D)...
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guy123
I'm from Finland, and when I see that sim I was like: "What? Brown eyes?" I mean, finnish people rarely has brown eyes or orange hair. But the name 'Lumi Saarinen' is great, Lumi is my cousin name.

I'm half Finnish and have brown eyes She can be half Finnish as well (and I bet there are people with both parents Finnish who have brown eyes)

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:56 AM
Quote:

Eh, a lot of people I know have brown eyes and they are all Finnish. For instance, my brother-in-law has natural brown hair and dark brown eyes, like his father. And their family's bloodline extends way back and is all-Finnish, like my own family. Also, I know of many Finns with red hair, and here I don't even have to look further than my mother's cousin, who is all freckles and red hair. She must've looked a bit like this sim when she was young.

So, I can agree that red hair here is quite rare, but it's absolutely not unheard of. The brown eyes is something I find as standard as blue or green eyes, though.

Went a bit off-topic here, apologies to the creator. I like the sim a lot, good use of CC too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 4:28 AM
Very cute sim!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 9:54 AM
Such ignorance to think all Finnish are just blond with blue eyes, particularly if you are Finnish yourself =_=' We got all the colors - you name it, we got it. And that certainly doesn't make a person any less Finnish.

Anyway, cute sim! She reminds me of my childhood neighbor. This is obviously a sign to move Lumi to my Moonlight-falls neighborhood
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 5:58 PM
Man, we assign colours to nationalities now? Damn, I'm screwed, I don't look German at all...^^ I should totally get together with all those brown-eyed Finnish people and the blond Italians and found my own country, yay! :D

Anyways, thanks for sharing, I'll definitely enjoy having her in my game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 2:21 PM
Which expansion packs/stuff packs do you need to download her?
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EllieDaCool
Which expansion packs/stuff packs do you need to download her?

None, she's base game compatible

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th May 2014 at 9:25 PM
i downloaded Lumi and put her in the savedsims folder but when I open the game she doesnt appear u.u whhat happened?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th May 2014 at 9:26 PM
also thanks and I hope you make Sims for the sims 4!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st May 2014 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wendysulka
i downloaded Lumi and put her in the savedsims folder but when I open the game she doesnt appear u.u whhat happened?

Are you sure she's not there? She's packed with default hair and skintone so she won't look the same as in the pictures If that's not the case, I'm not sure what's happening, sorry.

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:54 PM
I'm from Finland.

Lumi = Snow
Saari(nen) = Island
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:31 PM
Hi, I'm from Finland and I absolutely love this sim. Her name fits perfectly, I know so many people with name 'Lumi'! Can you speak Finnish btw? :D
So, I'll download this gorgeous sim with my game computer.
I have to say again, this. is. gorgeous!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by munds
Eh, a lot of people I know have brown eyes and they are all Finnish. For instance, my brother-in-law has natural brown hair and dark brown eyes, like his father. And their family's bloodline extends way back and is all-Finnish, like my own family. Also, I know of many Finns with red hair, and here I don't even have to look further than my mother's cousin, who is all freckles and red hair. She must've looked a bit like this sim when she was young.

So, I can agree that red hair here is quite rare, but it's absolutely not unheard of. The brown eyes is something I find as standard as blue or green eyes, though.

Went a bit off-topic here, apologies to the creator. I like the sim a lot, good use of CC too.

Ya i am Finnish and my eyes ummm.. Well they are green-brown-grey-blue. Mostly green but sometimes they look brown. :D

And i agree red hair is a lil rare everywhere. But i would call this hair more like strawberry blonde and its kinda common

I was born with blonde hair but now its dark blonde or light brown. But if i spend enough time outside during summer then
it will be something between dark or light golden blonde

- Finnish chameleon(?) -