Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 7:18 PM
I've built dorms for uni with fifty dorm rooms and have run them on non-gaming computers made back in 2005 (512 MB RAM, nVidea graphics of some flavor, can't remember what the processor was except it was AMD). Of course, I didn't use cheats to make them into sky-rises, but that was still a lot of students in one lot; I can't imagine watching after that many playables though.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 11:57 PM
I'm thinking sometime in the future, (whether it's on my computer or not), about getting university. But with the MANY downloads I have You do recommend I back-up my game right?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#53 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 1:07 AM
Back up your downloads and neighbourhoods but otherwise you should be fine on an install of Uni, especially if you already have other EPs installed.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 8:39 PM Last edited by David Poston : 23rd Sep 2013 at 8:56 PM.
And when building a dorm, can you attach a small bathroom, to rooms, or will that not work? And is there a way to make the stay at college longer?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#55 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
And when building a dorm, can you attach a small bathroom, to rooms, or will that not work? And is there a way to make the stay at college longer?

You should be able to I think. The dorm doors are not like the apartment doors which need to let into a single contained space (and even then it would work if the bathroom is enclosed and only lets into the dorm room). Give it a go and see if it works. I know someone on here (I think) built a dorm with several dorm doors let into the same room and that worked.

College time is limited and I can't remember if anyone made a hack to lengthen it. However, there are a number of things you can do. The easiest is probably Inge's college sabbatical hack - I can't remember exactly but it is an object which you click on an suspend the semester timer. It's intended use was so that students could go on holiday. I cannot say whether it has any absolute time limits but you could pop over to SimLogical and read up on it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Site Helper
#56 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 11:40 PM
Since there are mods to shorten the time at Uni, I imagine that one could write a mod to lengthen the time.
Theorist
#57 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 1:57 AM

I once built a dorm from scratch where each dorm room had a private bath, and it worked fine. Just have a dorm door between the room and the hallway, and the bath only accessible from the room, and it works fine.

Don't know about the other, though. I tend to want uni to be shorter, not longer...

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Inventor
Original Poster
#58 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 11:05 PM
Will the cheat "changelotzoning dorm" fail, if you don't have university? I wanted to create a dorm for preparation.
Theorist
#59 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yes, it will fail. The zoning type "dorm" is only available on University lots. (That is, not in the main 'hood.)

Field Researcher
#60 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 2:44 PM
And when building a dorm, can you attach a small bathroom, to rooms, or will that not work?

private bathrooms? You spoil them!

When I was in college, we had co-ed communal bathrooms. My sims don't get it better then I did
Inventor
Original Poster
#61 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 7:12 PM
Does the gesture "chest pound" come with seasons, university, or freetime? Those are the games I'm getting.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 7:23 PM
Chest pound? I think you are referring to the bon voyage greeting learned in the mountain village of Three Lakes.
Inventor
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 11:40 PM Last edited by David Poston : 27th Sep 2013 at 12:28 AM.
Poop. It's in bon voyage. Um is there a way for you to control how long a season is in seasons?
Theorist
#64 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 1:12 AM
You can't control the length of seasons without a mod, only the order/frequency. However, there are lots of mods out there if you want one.

Inventor
Original Poster
#65 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 7:53 PM
Are there any websites where I could be able to download these games foe free? That is without any catch, because I know some places cheat you out of it, and the thing you only end up is a screwed up internet. Or is downloading for free just too good to be true?
Mad Poster
#66 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 8:04 PM
Most of the free game downloads are fake and most of them will have viruses in them for Sims 2.

Now both Origin and Steam have some free games but not the Sims 2.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#67 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 8:16 PM
Are there any websites where I could be able to download these games foe free? That is without any catch, because I know some places cheat you out of it, and the thing you only end up is a screwed up internet. Or is downloading for free just too good to be true?

That's something we're not allowed to talk about here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#68 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 8:21 PM Last edited by David Poston : 27th Sep 2013 at 8:40 PM.
Is there A reason why when I forget to do testingcheatsenabled true, that my lots won't load, but when I do it, they will? Is that a good thing?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 5:33 PM
That is definitely not a good thing. I have no idea what the reason might be though.

In response to your earlier question about having dorms with private baths, it will work, but perhaps not as well as you might hope. I made a dorm with communal bathrooms, plus one private bath attached to the RA's room. The RA, as dormies do, left his door unlocked all the time, so instead of using the communal bathrooms like they were supposed to, all the dormies were constantly queuing up to use the RA's fancy bathroom!
Inventor
Original Poster
#70 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 6:05 PM Last edited by David Poston : 29th Sep 2013 at 7:59 PM.
Well, what can happen? Can I just keep using my cheats, or will the game break, or what could happen? And because of all of these problems, how will it affect installing the other three games? Lastly, when installing the games, and I save my downloads to a disc or drive, should I delete c.c, and then put it back on after installing? Ugh. This is hard because my downloads folder is HUGE! I have like more than 200 things, and that's not including what I have in sets, so I am REALLY confused. I'm sorry but I need help. Because I am not installing any expansion pack, and having crashes, or losing custom content.

Here is my games current status:

Loading screen before choosing a neighborhood: Fine. Quick, and the same pace it's always been.

Loading a neighborhood: same good pace.

Loading a lot: Will only say loading, but lot never shows without cheats.

Loading CAS: normal good pacing.

My biggest issue is what will happen with my new expansions when I can only load lots in debug mode?
Inventor
Original Poster
#71 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 11:45 PM
Can someone Please help me? I would REALLY appreciate it!
Site Helper
#72 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 2:43 AM
You've got so many different questions in this thread, it's a bit difficult to tell what your current problems are. That may be why no one is responding.

Have you done the Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ yet? If not, that's the first step. You probably missed that because your thread was moved from the Discussion forum.

If that doesn't solve your problem, then be sure to let us know what you tried to solve this problem, and the results of your tests. Specifically, does the game run properly without CC in a newly generated save game?
Inventor
Original Poster
#73 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 6:56 PM Last edited by David Poston : 2nd Oct 2013 at 9:03 PM.
Well I think I will take a chance. Most likely I have been overthinking, things. I will back up my files first. Then I'll install the games and I SHOULD be good to go!! Which will be faster? Converting my 8 computer to windows 7, or using a patch for the sims2?
Page 3 of 3