Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 2:49 AM
First you need a screenshot program as your pictures are way too small for a judge to see properly. There are plenty around for free. I use Fraps then I export them to Gimp to change them from BMP (way too large for the board) into jpgs. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...reenshot_Basics If you use Gimp it is now 'export' and not 'save as' as it previously used to be.

To make a spoiler you need [spoiler] before your pictures and [/spoiler*] after your pictures but remove that asterisk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 3:06 AM
Well i spend 20 more hoursmaking the imigese bigger

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Field Researcher
#28 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:05 AM
Is that size good

Call me Colin
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:31 AM
Your first image says it's hotlinked. You must upload your pictures to a photo hosting site like Photobucket. Hotlinking takes peoples bandwidth. The size looks a lot better. Also instead of double posting which a mod may jump on you for as it's against site rules, you need to edit your last post to add something new.

Also I hope you didn't spend 20 hours on your images!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:45 AM
THERE GoshI fixed it now rank it

Call me Colin
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:50 AM
Looks good. Also I think of these contests as a way of improving. A few years ago all I built were boxes and now I dabble around with CFE and differing roofs.

One tip: With your floor plan shot or any shot that shows outside, click on the design key to remove the grid lines. That will improve how it looks.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#32 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:54 AM
Yeah I like to build HUGE Homes and the rooms were so bare and this House I am trying toget it on MTS with no CC so Pritteymuch no Outside siding or stairs

Call me Colin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:54 PM
Sorry for being a little AWOL guys, work has been a little bit of a balancing act this week and this is the first time I've had chance to sit down at my PC - I still haven't finished my 'Build a Business' entry! Things should have settled down a bit now, but please feel free to prod me either in PM on here or in the #social/#create channels when I am around if you need to get my attention.

With regards to the defaults thing, I've had time to think about it and come to the conclusion that defaults are OK to include, as it's not practical to expect people to remove them or work in an AGS setup for many different reasons, so don't worry too much about them. This is meant to be fin, and having to do a complete overhaul of how you game isn't going to be fun (for most people, at least!)

Jo, your images are fine - I have edited the main post to reflect the image numbers/requirements, as it was a little hidden in a comment before, but here it is again - ' For clarification, as I am an idiot and forgot to put it in the main post, you can have UP TO 8 images for each round, including one floor plan, and one front-on shot. In rounds with more than one storey, an additional floor plan may be added for each floor. I will edit this into the main post for future reference!'

Everyone's houses are looking really good so far! gagafanu, welcome to the site =]

Find me on tumblr as sealkitten

'It Takes A Village' contest - now accepting applications!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 10:42 PM
Loaf, maybe people should have to make mention that they are using a default. I certainly don't mind doing that.

Good, I figured as much for the additional floor.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#35 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:18 AM
I think for judging please do say if you're using a default, will make it a bit easier :D

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Inventor
#36 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 2:41 AM Last edited by VioletPadfoot : 26th Aug 2013 at 3:01 AM.
*takes a deep breath to calm self* I'd like to enter as well. I'll be back sometime in the next couple of days with my round one entry. I would try to do it tonight, but work decided to mess with my schedule this week, and make me work on a day I usually have off. And I'm kinda freaking out at the moment since this is the first contest I've ever decided to enter. Hopefully I won't get lazy and give up halfway in, or lose track of time and be really late with an entry. ~VP

Edit: Does it count as CC if I have some mods that extend color options between maxis items? Like if EA made a matching couch and chair without matching colors and I have a download that extends the color options so that they match? I assume recolors of maxis items are out too, correct? And extender/completer sets? I assume they would be CC but it's better to ask. I could simply rip my Downloads folder out of my game, or try to get AGS to cooperate with my new computer, but it'd be easier not to have to. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:08 AM
The best way is to toggle cc off under game setting's VP. That way only maxis items and defaults show. Recolours and extender sets are cc.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:41 AM
Wow, Jo! That's a great idea! D'uh, I never thought of that I always take out my DL folder, but this would be a lot easier! Thanks

I'd love to join this one too, now that the Build a Business contest is winding down. But, I really don't think I have the time... I may whip up a last minute entry, and join in the fun. We'll see...

Great entries so far

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:59 AM
That's how I always build my cc lots, so it's something I am used to doing and no you don't want to remove your entire folder!

Well the first lot is small and quick to do Catherine... *offers chocolate*

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 6:00 AM
Hello all! I'm gonna jump right in and join this contest too! I had so much fun in the build a business contest! Here is the house I built:

Forum Resident
#41 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:01 AM
ooh I wanna give this a shot~ <3
Inventor
#42 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The best way is to toggle cc off under game setting's VP. That way only maxis items and defaults show.
I never thought of doing that...

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Recolours and extender sets are cc.
That's what I figured. But it never hurts to check. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#43 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 3:29 PM Last edited by AdonisPluto : 28th Aug 2013 at 8:28 AM.
Yahhhhhhhhhhh, good to see the house attacks coming in. Hehehehehehe. Good jobs guys and nice houses so far.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#44 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 7:23 PM
Here is my Round 1 No CC house

This is a modern build with an upside-down floor plan. The ground floor contains the bedrooms and the bathroom. The upper floor is an open plan living area. I hope you like it.

Judges: 2 extra pictures are included, one for the second storey and the other for the upper terrace. No CC whatsoever was used.

Defaults used: Roof trims and roof edgers

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 7:47 PM
OMG Thatlooks Amazing i wishi could build like that

Call me Colin
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#46 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:10 PM
Thank you gagafanu, it's practice.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#47 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:50 PM
Great idea to flip the lot Karen

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#48 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Great idea to flip the lot Karen
Thanks Leefish I've wanted to do a house like that for ages, so thought I'd have a go.

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:52 PM
Kaz top job as always......I learnt from the best g/f (Hugs)
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 9:07 PM
Default Hencing - Round 1
I've given in, this was a challenge as I hardly ever use any non-CC when decorating, but good fun to try and get stuff to match up.

I've added a front porch and there is room to extend one day above the kitchen, with a pool in the garden.

May the force be with you because you're worth it

Page 2 of 56