Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I am so tempted to move this thread to Derpy McWTF.

That's exactly where I expected to find it next. Kind of disappointed actually. Trust your gut, Nysha!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Alex
Yes:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/703833.page

I stated in that thread that I don't care if EA released it in 2015, I am not excited nor really interested in the series anyway. The way Sims 3 went makes me wary about getting burned again.

Someone stated they had PEPS, for what? PEPS on a render of 3 sims...showing just the eyes? I got a headache shaking my head at them.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 4:18 AM
I kept playing Sim2 waiting for Sim3; then waiting for Sim3 to be "fixed". I'm still playing SIm2. When SIm4>24 comes out I'll wait to see what people say, wait for it to be "fixed", and still be playing Sim2. Same song, different day.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#29 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I stated in that thread that I don't care if EA released it in 2015, I am not excited nor really interested in the series anyway. The way Sims 3 went makes me wary about getting burned again.

Someone stated they had PEPS, for what? PEPS on a render of 3 sims...showing just the eyes? I got a headache shaking my head at them.
That's some serious comedy gold right there! I didn't know that could win someone like that over so easily.

Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Keep in mind that the whole official forum has descended to chaos and is rife with trolling and flaming. People say things MAINLY to tick other people off or shaming someone else for having a differing opinion.
And that's the sad part about it. Not only this Sims3 forums but everyone should be free to have some type well thought healthy critical debate/solution. It's okay to disagree and still be civil, maybe agree to disagree with some other people. But when it becomes so one sided to the point where any fan praises every little thing while the other person is having a nice manner discussion or critical solution, the other person get's bashed so bad that the other person who is not even trolling just leaves or ,gets unfairly reported,gets banned blocked for no reason.This is where I have a huge problem. I'm seeing this a lot not only in sims3 forums but from my experiences in RL as well, it's very sad. Scenarios like this really hurt fans in any franchise in the long run because it doesn't give the room to improve any mistakes nor solutions in the future which leads to very tragic downfalls.
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I am so tempted to move this thread to Derpy McWTF.

im now tempted to created a new sim called Derpy McWTF

it amuses me that people think ea maxis developers are actually paying attention to these forums and give a fraction of a turd about our complaints

majority of those of which wont consider getting it regardless
Theorist
#31 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
What happened to EA? At one point in history, they were decent. Now, they're run by programmers and PR who barely know what they're doing.
It'll take a miracle to get them semi-functional again. *sigh*

Not programmers, programmers want to write something they can be proud of. Most of the time, programmers have very little say in the decision-making process.

EA is run by executives and bean counters who are probably only computer-literate enough to check email and crunch numbers in Excel.

Resident wet blanket.
Theorist
#32 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 10:50 PM
Sometimes I feel the designers want lots of things to happen but the big wigs are like "HAHAHA...no."
Instructor
#33 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Not programmers, programmers want to write something they can be proud of. Most of the time, programmers have very little say in the decision-making process.

EA is run by executives and bean counters who are probably only computer-literate enough to check email and crunch numbers in Excel.

Based on this reasoning, I think that's how it is to work for EA. Those that actually know about game programming, and the thought and details put into it, are probably ashamed at times of their product. They no it's not finished.

But, because some people are willing to buy Sims 4, for the sake of having it, seems to be what EA, only listens too. Rush it, they'll buy it, on to the next EP.

I don't think the same people would buy anything else that was deemed rushed, like a car, with the exception of Iphones and Play Stations maybe? I still think IPhones, may be better equipped on opening day.

I understand the excitement of a new Sims series and ep's. I was like that with Sims 2. But learned, rushing products, can screw up your game in process. Some may think they want a game right away. But, when you pay for a game, you at least hope to be able to play it. And sure you may get into it, but suddenly things disappear, or you game starts crashing or won't load. Then there's wall flashing, pets sinking into the carpet, blue faces, no faces. Create an OFB, make uniforms, then when employee's wear them the have a new face. EA has never fixed this. Why? because it was off to the next ep/sp. You rush a game and learn that there's not enough character files for a game about continuing one generation after another. This they fixed, they had too.

Now, how we got bubbles coming out of Sims asses, after swimming or bathing, I don't know? But, if those are the glitches that are funny, but not game changing/ending, I'll take that option.

Sadly, your question posed, as it is amusing, and rhetorical. Is actually valid. Seeing rationally we all know the answer to what we want. However, EA isn't rational, unless they see a major flop coming, like making it all online.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Alex
There is a Discussion on EA the Sims 4 forums where one player wants the Simgurus and the developers to hurry up with making the Sims 4 and released by January.

'Thanks Simgurus!'

Gotta love the official Sims 3 forums...

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Theorist
#35 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 12:52 AM
Yeah, I've been charged as an EAxis fan girl many times on the Official Forums because I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. With the major fustercluck that was SimCity 2013, wonky servers, cloud saves and passing the blame to the engine, I'd like to think that EA wants to put out a decent product. I'm not going to run out and go.. "The Sims 2 glitched and I had issues with The Sims 3. You can take the Sims 4 and shove it!"

I'll watch what they bring to Gamescom and they better BRRRRING IT. Ok, sorry. Anyway. I'll likely buy the game trainwreck or not, not because I just wanna have it but because I hate to see a franchise I love just die out. Now if you excuse me.. I'm gonna go play Ultima Online ^-^
Field Researcher
#36 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
I'll likely buy the game trainwreck or not, not because I just wanna have it but because I hate to see a franchise I love just die out.

This ^

I do agree that buying blindly isn't the smartest thing to do, and that it just encourages EA to keep on making crappy half-assed products - but, I would hate to see The Sims die out and a part of me just sort of has to have at least the BG, if anything just for completeness.

If it sucks big time? Maybe I'll just get the first EP to try it out, but I most certainly wouldn't buy every/any EP/SP.

I probably sound a little sheepish and maybe a bit hypocritical, and at times I might think "if this game sucks that's fucking it EA", but I really do want to see The Sims continue on to 5, 6, 7, etc... I might not be enjoying it anymore, but I think it would just make me sad to see it not exist anymore.
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheGuySim

'Thanks Simgurus!'

Gotta love the official Sims 3 forums...

that graphic is one of if not thee most awesome thing ive ever seen on these forums.

it amuses me that people think ea maxis developers are actually paying attention to these forums and give a fraction of a turd about our complaints

majority of those of which wont consider getting it regardless
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 8:33 AM
I don't think we will see a bug free TS4, even if EA have infinite time to develop and polish it. By no mean I am saying that I want a rushed game full of bugs, but let's face the fact it will most likely come out with many many bugs. My hope lies on they can fix it later rather than having them do a great job from the moment the game is released. I will wait for a few patch, see some reviews, and then decide wether to jump on the boat (which I consider is refusing to purchase a beta game).
Locked thread
Page 2 of 2