Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 7:54 AM
Default Would you rather buy a TS4 that is rushed,glitchy,buggy and has issues or a TS4 that is not rushed,bugs ironed out and etc
There is a Discussion on EA the Sims 4 forums where one player wants the Simgurus and the developers to hurry up with making the Sims 4 and released by January.To me I rather have a game that does not have issues like bugs,glitches and etc and also take their time on improving CAS and game features,the question is would you rather buy a TS4 that has glitches,bugs and is also rushed or a quality version of TS4 where the developers took their time,ironed out the bugs and etc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 7:57 AM
with all due respect, are you seriously asking this or are you being sarcastic?

it amuses me that people think ea maxis developers are actually paying attention to these forums and give a fraction of a turd about our complaints

majority of those of which wont consider getting it regardless
Theorist
#3 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 8:59 AM
I would rather Sims 4 be on Valve-time and be announced in years than have another buggy glitch-mess game.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 9:58 AM
Well that's a very good question.

I'd prefer it rushed, extremely buggy and unplayable. I'd also prefer it to lock up my system when going to launch it, so that I need to reboot several times before finally getting to the unplayable buggy centre.

Anyway, EA can take as long as they want with Sims 4, it'll still come out a little rough around the edges. I'd be shocked if it didn't.
Alchemist
#5 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Alex
There is a Discussion on EA the Sims 4 forums where one player wants the Simgurus and the developers to hurry up with making the Sims 4 and released by January.To me I rather have a game that does not have issues like bugs,glitches and etc and also take their time on improving CAS and game features,the question is would you rather buy a TS4 that has glitches,bugs and is also rushed or a quality version of TS4 where the developers took their time,ironed out the bugs and etc

Someone actually suggested that? Are they, like, so bored with the current games that they insist on rushing TS4 development? And in the end they'll get enraged for having a crappy game that isn't well prepared due to rushed release, which in turn we'll get the impact as well? What kind of moron are they? The Sims 3 is buggy already!

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Well that's a very good question.

I'd prefer it rushed, extremely buggy and unplayable. I'd also prefer it to lock up my system when going to launch it, so that I need to reboot several times before finally getting to the unplayable buggy centre.

slow down there, so much sarcasm at once, you're going to explode my brain.

it amuses me that people think ea maxis developers are actually paying attention to these forums and give a fraction of a turd about our complaints

majority of those of which wont consider getting it regardless
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Someone actually suggested that? Are they, like, so bored with the current games that they insist on rushing TS4 development? And in the end they'll get enraged for having a crappy game that isn't well prepared due to rushed release, which in turn we'll get the impact as well? What kind of moron are they? The Sims 3 is buggy already!

Yes:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/703833.page
Forum Resident
#8 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 11:18 AM
and what is fast-tracking TS4 going to achieve?
Alchemist
#9 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Alex
Yes:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/703833.page

Oh God. CLP??? Please don't tell me he didn't plan on having his Sims WooHoo in TS4 early... And he even insisted on it in 14 February??

Just call me Nikel
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#10 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 12:43 PM
And this, my friends, is a perfect example of the difference between the "official" forums, and everywhere else. Shaking my head, here, people.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 12:51 PM
Oh God. CLP??? Please don't tell me he didn't plan on having his Sims WooHoo in TS4 early... And he even insisted on it in 14 February??

Sometimes on his topics,I feel like driving a SU-85B all over it
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 1:03 PM
I am so tempted to move this thread to Derpy McWTF.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#13 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 4:39 PM
It doesn't matter if they release it earlier or later. We are going to get a TS4 that seems "rushed, glitchy, and buggy".

How do I know? Just look at TS3. If they didn't release TS3 till it was a quality product with all the bugs ironed out, we'd still be waiting for it.

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
#14 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 4:49 PM
No game is released without some bugs and glitches. It's virtually impossible
Scholar
#15 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 4:55 PM
Nothing special.There are many idiots on official site
Oh,yes...speaking about question....It's so nonsensical
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 5:30 PM
I'd much rather have a game that's delayed for a couple months or so than a game that comes out January something. It's called "patience", "official" forum members. Learn it, or you won't get a cookie for your dessert tonight. Now, should I rush THAT or do you want to wait for a very GOOD cookie?
Theorist
#17 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 6:11 PM
I think I'm out of the loop here, I'd much rather have a game not only rushed and completely buggy, but a game where I must pay to log in every visit, AND have EA monitor my every move on the game. Oh, and the graphics should be that of a potato's that'd be great.
Site Helper
#18 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 6:42 PM
I'd rather have a game which isn't rushed. Unfortunately, that doesn't match EA's philosophy, which is to get the game out on a particular day.
Alchemist
#19 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 8:00 PM
What if I told you...

... the current release date is already rushed?

What if TS4 was supposed to be developed until mid or late 2014 but EA rushed it to early 2014?

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#20 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 8:27 PM

What if TS4 was supposed to be developed until mid or late 2014 but EA rushed it to early 2014?

Simple.Then we will see buggy,glitchy and unfinished game.Like TS3
Inventor
#21 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 9:04 PM
What happened to EA? At one point in history, they were decent. Now, they're run by programmers and PR who barely know what they're doing.
It'll take a miracle to get them semi-functional again. *sigh*
Instructor
#22 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 9:17 PM
I'd love to see a messy, glitch-filled game! I absolutely love when my Sims 3 game crashes, especially when I work hard on it. I really wish they'd keep this tradition with The Sims 4. I also hope there will be microtransactions from Day 1. I'd love to spend thousands of dollars for watered down content that they didn't want to implement in EPs.
Theorist
#23 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 12:03 AM
Not sure if serious... or official forums troll.
squintingfry.jpg

I'm staying off the official forums because of this brand of ridiculousness. Please don't take it upon yourself to import it here.

EA will release the game when they want to or when it's projected to release. They wouldn't have likely put it in writing during their conference call that it'd release between Jan-March 2014 if they aren't 100% sure. That could mess up their shareholders or tick 'em off. The game will be fine. This time.. just this once. We should... trust... EA...
Scholar
#24 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 12:13 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 8th Aug 2013 at 12:32 AM.
I just read the Sims3 official forums OP and...... just ugh WTF!!! This really wants me to abandon the Sims4 for the hell of it and continue on with Sims3 for good just like simcity 4, because of crazy ass fanboys/girls like this OP at the sims3 forums! Wow, no Comment on this.

I just feel that the announcement and the release date of the Sims4 is too darn soon. If EAxis really goes along with this and not delay it,I will have a feeling that it will be even more buggy than the Sims 3! If I were them I will delay it until Fall or upcoming Christmas time at least.

They should really take this wise man's advice.

Quote:
A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto
Theorist
#25 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
I just read the Sims3 official forums OP and...... just ugh WTF!!! This really wants me to abandon the Sims4 for the hell of it and continue on with Sims3 for good just like simcity 4, because of crazy ass fanboys/girls like this OP at the sims3 forums! Wow, no Comment on this.

I just feel that the announcement and the release date of the Sims4 is too darn soon. If EAxis really goes along with this and not delay it,I will have a feeling that it will be even more buggy than the Sims 3! If I were them I will delay it until Fall or upcoming Christmas time at least.

They should really take this wise man advice.

Keep in mind that the whole official forum has descended to chaos and is rife with trolling and flaming. People say things MAINLY to tick other people off or shaming someone else for having a differing opinion.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2