Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 2:26 PM
I am now a member of the official EA sims 3 stuff (not by choice but the purpose of making my game work) so I will keep an eye out for anything sims 4 based. I hope that the tools used for storytelling are not be going to be removed but instead improved like bring back the create a story with emotion. EA likes that word emotion maybe they thing that many people will buy it for that.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Uncanny Valley=lazzy or bad animators.Good animator can create realistic characters emotions without uncanny valley effect(like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq1Nq2Zvv0Y or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhoYLp8CtXI )
So I don't understand why people scare that sims4 will be realistic and always talking about uncanny valley,like this can't be avoided.If there will be good animators everything would be fine...

I'm not bothered at all by uncanny valley. Maybe it's because I find real people creepy enough that fake looking people just don't seem creepy to me. That first video did creep me out, but not due to uncanny valley, the character himself just seemed really creepy. I was thinking, "I'm sorry about your frozen fruit! I'll get you a new yogurt parfait! Please don't kill me!" If that were a real person, I'd be scared of that guy.

2nd vid was pretty awesome. Actually made me tear up a bit.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#28 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 4:39 PM
"... giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. "

The sims already express themselves as if they were modeled after Jim Carrey, so I am not sure if I want to see even more expressive. I already see myself making their life very boring, so the sims do not hurt themselves smiling their face off.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 7:58 PM
I want most from sims 4 is not have so many problems with it as in all the bugs, glitches. I would also like a game which makes me think that my anime is better looking than it.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Page 2 of 2