Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Council Housing Set - All $10,000 or Under -No CC

by joandsarah77 Posted 5th Jun 2013 at 3:21 PM - Updated 27th May 2019 at 9:34 AM by joandsarah77

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 4:02 PM
A brilliant idea! We have a similar system here in Iceland, though usually it consists of flats =)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 4:39 PM
Enough of "Edifice Complexes" Small starters with small footprints are sooo useful! You've packed a lot on a single floor!

Thank you! (Cute kitty avatar, too)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 12:07 AM
I love these! I play with No20kHandouts, as well as mods for bigger bills, lower wages, slower skilling and harder jobs so my sims never manage to save up $20,000 to move out. These will get a lot of use in my game, that's for sure! :-) Thanks for sharing!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 12:23 AM
WakahisaDManami, I've noticed most countries do flats. I'm not sure if we have a flat system in the cities or not since I'm from the country, but I do know we have roads of these little council houses often all identical or with flipped floor plans and they get known as the "council housing area".

mac, thanks. I'd noticed a lot of expensive houses and decided it was time for something more modest and affordable.

Laura, glad you like them. I'm all about building things that I need for my own hood that are practical. I have a number of expensive houses that no one can afford due to some of those same mods, except I use halved wages and regular bills.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 1:53 AM
I think those are the roomiest under-$10K houses I've seen. Nice job! In my case, I'm wanting small lots for my netbook game more than I necessarily need cheaper housing, per se, so these will do nicely. Thanks for saving me from having to build stuff on my teensy screen here.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 4:42 PM
My favourite is the green one In the UK we have council flats and houses But they aren't building any more council houses, they build, 'affordable' homes and 'housing association homes'!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 10:42 PM
Thanks iCad. Small lots for light computers is another good point.

Thanks karen, I debated if green should be the thumbnail. lol at all the PC'ness. We tend to have far less of that over here-thank goodness!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 1:17 AM
I have found that the lots to need a bit of floors/walls decoration. Also, the mailbox needs to be moved to the curb. Otherwise, vehicles tend to go up on the lawn. All in all, though, very useful houses!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 2:11 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 10th Jun 2013 at 11:15 AM.
All wall and floors should have some kind of floor tile/paint covering. If you have bare walls or floors you probably don't have a stuff pack that they came from. Decorative touches you need to add yourself.

You have vehicles going up on the lawn? The letter box position should have no affect on that. I will check with the portal checker.

Edit:
Did you actually have vehicles go up on the grass or did just think they would? I checked the portals on each lot and all are where they should be. Two pedestrian ones on the footpath and four vehicles portals on the road

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 12:46 PM
You're right. I have all of the expansions, but none of the stuff packs.

In this particular case the vehicle going up on the lawn was the initial delivery of the sim to the lot. Now and then, in well-established lots, I've seen a vehicle go up on the sidewalk or even into the house on more or less random occasions. Must be a "feature".

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 1:11 PM
I never see sims being delivered to the lot-maybe because I have the cut scenes turned off. So long as that is the only time it happens, that seems acceptable. I have a couple in the blue house which I am going to play test now. If I see any vehicles going onto the grass I'll say so in the overview.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#13 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
My favourite is the green one In the UK we have council flats and houses But they aren't building any more council houses, they build, 'affordable' homes and 'housing association homes'!

And in the US, where we have "welfare for the rich and free enterprise for the poor", there's not very much inexpensive housing at all and they're not building very much either, no matter what you may call it.

Driving on the grass, btw, occurred exactly in the cut scenes of sims arriving in their new home for the first time. Meanwhile, I do have 3 new sims in 3 new houses!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 11:12 PM
The sim went to work and came home and the car pool arrived on the road and stayed on the road. So it played fine in my game.

~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 2:45 PM
These are lovely, jo! I can't download 'em as I don't have M&G, but I just recreated the blue one - perfect for my slightly troubled, utterly broke couple .
Site Helper
#16 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You have vehicles going up on the lawn? The letter box position should have no affect on that. I will check with the portal checker.
I believe that the original move-in taxis will go to the location of either the mailbox or the garbage can, rather than using the standard vehicle portals. That's why I never move them away from the road.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 3:49 AM
Interesting. It's okay though isn't it? It doesn't hurt anything.

Thanks White..err Nysha!

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 8:43 PM
Now that I've gone over to the Dark Side and have all EPs and SPs, I can use these. Thanks, Jo!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 10:38 PM
Hey Esme. Hope you like the M&G lots and are enjoying your new ceilings and things. I've kind of gone dark side myself and I'm playing Skyrim... But I will be back.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 5:35 PM
These are great for my economically-challenged Sims. I moved the Broke family in and unfortunately, the parents rolled for having 10 kids!! They have 3 1/2 now and a kitten! The place is getting full, but it's a ton of fun!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 5:10 AM
Thank you! My Sims just moved into the green council flat. It's what they needed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 4:49 AM
Thank You
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 7:32 AM
Great to hear you are having fun in my council houses.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:59 PM
Thank you for such simple yet beautiful starter homes!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:07 AM
These are cute. I'm going to be adding them to a new neighborhood I'm making.
Page 1 of 2