Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimRetriever

by Mootilda Posted 25th May 2013 at 4:57 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:42 PM by Nysha

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th May 2013 at 8:26 AM
You never stop to amaze me with your programs! I'll bookmark this in case of future emergency.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:10 AM
This is really cool! I could see using it even if the neighborhood wasn't borked. It might be fun to have another version of Mortimer, for example, wandering through the streets of Strangetown looking for Bella.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:16 AM
Yay, it's up! =) I'm sure a lot of people will be very grateful for this. Thank you for making it and sharing.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
This is really cool! I could see using it even if the neighborhood wasn't borked. It might be fun to have another version of Mortimer, for example, wandering through the streets of Strangetown looking for Bella.
The SmRetriever.might be able to be used as a quick and dirty way to add sims to your hood, but it is safer to extract via SimPE, clone via BodyShop, and then recreate in CAS. If you decide to keep the sims that the SR adds to your hood, you are on your own; this has not been tested.

It's really simple to get a working extracted copy of Mort without resorting to the SmRetriever. If you're interested, ask in the WCIF forum (I'm sure that I've seen copies for download).

It should be possible to get the proper information for each sim from the Age, Gender, and Species fields in the AgeData record in the user file, but I'm not sure that it's worth the effort unless people are looking for a way to add these sims to their neighborhoods permanently. At this time, I really see this as a way of retrieving sims who would otherwise be lost forever.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:10 PM
I hope I never need this ;-)
Thank you!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2013 at 8:51 PM
Yes, it's odd making a program that you hope no one will ever use.

Unfortunately, I've seen too many people lose their sims because they didn't have a backup and their neighborhood package was unreadable. I'm really hoping that this will help those people to recreate their neighborhoods.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:35 PM
I lost a beloved neighborhood and family due to stupid behavior over a year ago (two years almost now?) and I have never really stopped missing them. So I immediately downloaded this, and I'm going to look and see if I can find the old files and retrieve them. Thank you!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:47 AM
Please let me know how it goes.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th May 2013 at 3:36 AM
I needed this very much, a 'hood of mine just completely went not even last week after around four years of constant play (it was set up without any BFBVFS-preventers in place) and this is useful for getting the sims that I want out! It works perfectly, by the way.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th May 2013 at 8:02 AM
I also hope I never have to use this, but its great to have this tool available. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th May 2013 at 7:18 PM
I too hope I never need such a thing (haven't yet- knock on wood!) but I am definitely going to snag a copy & keep it someplace for safe keeping.

Thanks a bunch for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th May 2013 at 11:43 PM
THANK YOU for still making Useful and creative content for Sims2- Much Love!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th May 2013 at 12:34 AM
Thank you. I've lost Sims due to corrupted neighborhoods before, so this time I have this waiting in case it ever happens again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th May 2013 at 2:23 AM
I want to say that I think you helped SilverEriena save her Picklesworth, and I have to say Thank you so much for the amazing work you do!

While I hope I will never need this, it is extremely invaluable. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 3:35 AM
Thanks Mootilda! I might have to use this sooner than I realized. I also think one of my neighborhoods got corrupted yesterday without realizing this program was released but I'm not sure.
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 3:09 AM
Wow, Mootilda, I never cease to be amazed by the innovative, creative, and truly outstanding work that you do to keep our games running. I was already forever indebted to you for the neighborhood corruption finder tool, and now this! Thanks be, I don't need this yet (knocks on wood!), but if/when I do, I won't forget it, or you for creating it. Thanks are truly not enough to convey the gratitude I feel for this addition to the community. Thank You. ((((Where is the worship smiley????))))

:lovestruc
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 2:55 PM
Thanks for this, Mootilda
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:10 PM
Might need this in the future, hehe! Thanks!...
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 2:11 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:04 AM
this helped me get Bella Goth back thanks!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 4:25 PM
Always nice to hear success stories.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:05 PM
thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 2:43 AM
Many special thanks to the creator. Mootilda made so many GREAT programs for Sims2.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 5:23 PM
tnx a lot
Page 1 of 2