Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2013 at 7:26 PM
Default Expansions you would want created/return.
We all know (Seriously, we do), that The Sims 4 will have at least 8 expansions.

Well we know for a fact these expansions will be released or at least incorporated into the base:

- Pets
- Seasons

Well, what expansions would you personally want to be created/return?

Mine are:
-Makin Magic
-Open For Business
-Nightlife (Late night was apparently the nightlife of TS3 era, but it cant even come close)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th May 2013 at 7:38 PM Last edited by goderguy : 12th May 2013 at 2:37 AM.
Something with more careers, like Ambitions but better. Where they actually go to work and do stuff. Military (combat, basic training), education (teachers, librarians, professors, principals, provosts, TAs), politics (rallies, mayors, city councils, State house chambers), mechanics, bus drivers, etc. New venues like real schools, non-RH courthouses, repair shops, etc.

Something like TS2's Free time/TS3's Generations - more hobbies, like sewing, knitting, needlepoint, intramural sports, expanded musical instruments, arts & crafts, floral arranging, woodworking, . Also along Free time - camping with RVs, tents, cabins, (but not vacationy) - the ability to go to another world that already exists w/out buying a separate vacation-like EP.

goderguy
Instructor
#3 Old 12th May 2013 at 12:42 AM
Expansions!
Seasons, Open For Business, Nightlife, and Free-Time for me (in that order).
  • We need Seasons for the weather and... seasons. It just much more fun with that sort of dynamic behavior in the game.
  • Open For Business because it was SO MUCH FUN running your own store, restaurant, or business back in Sims 2 and they haven't even addressed it in Sims 3. I hope they bring it back for Sims 4.
  • Nightlife was interesting (more-so it's TS2 equivalent) because of all the new activities. Hard to imagine playing without those.
  • Free-Time because, like Goderguy said, hobbies. I felt that hobbies REALLY added a LOT to Sims 2.

I'd like to see less "gamey" stuff and more core sandbox gameplay features. Lastly, they need to create their basegame with the intent to do all the expansions they're inevitably going to be doing. Seems like TS3 they had trouble re-implementing the TS2 expansions into the TS3 game and they always had less features then before.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th May 2013 at 12:50 AM
A proper vacation expansion like Bon Voyage.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th May 2013 at 1:07 AM
I really do miss the FreeTime EP from TS2. I'd like to see something like that with maybe more sports incorporated or something. Like maybe team sports?

And a Generations like EP would be definitely be appreciated.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 12th May 2013 at 2:42 AM
Well, we need weather in the game. Pets are pretty much a standard expectation. Obviously, some improved types of self employment, especially small businesses. Notice I said what we should reasonably expect for the basics in the game. I think it might be inevitable that much of that is released as EPs, but I don't want to see of the roughly 10 to 12 EPs we can expect with TS4 (from past expereince, no knowledge of what's planned, of course), half or more of them taken up with rehashed content. I'd really like to see original ideas in the EPs, like IP promises to be for TS3. In truth, IP may be the only one (OK, there is FutureLand, however that turns out) in the TS3 series that really breaks new ground. The EPs for TS3 were, in a sense, rehashed TS2 EPs, albeit not remakes, but still based on similar themes. I understand the model, and know that a bunch of the EPs will be new and improved versions of themes we already like, but I'm really hoping for some new ideas this go around.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th May 2013 at 2:55 AM Last edited by cmcallister14 : 12th May 2013 at 3:04 AM. Reason: hit wrong key on computer
Please Please Please Please Please Please PLEASE!!!!!...DO OPEN FOR BUSINESS. ITS MY FAVORITE EXPANSION PACK FOR THE SIMS 2 AND I LIKE SIMS 3 AMBITIONS BUT I WAS HOPING TO SEE IT IN SIMS 3 CONSIDERING ALL WE HAD WAS THOSE DARN RABBITHOLES.

AND ALSO......
We shouldn't need generations it should all be in the base game. I heard there will be interactions we have never seen before so I'm excited about that.

AND LASTLY...
A nightlife, Late Night version of sims 4 with bars, clubs, vampires, apartments, no rabbithole subways
Scholar
#8 Old 12th May 2013 at 4:18 AM Last edited by kattenijin : 12th May 2013 at 4:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by James009
[*]We need Seasons for the weather and... seasons. It just much more fun with that sort of dynamic behavior in the game.

In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM, should Seasons be an EP. By now, Seasons should be a part of the base game, as should be Pets.

Unfortunately, everything I want new in Sims4 , isn't really worthy of its own EP. I'd like to have cows(milk), chickens(eggs),ducks(feathers) (use the feathers to make furniture more comfortable); proper trees for the various fruits (seriously EA, bananas on an apple type tree??!!!!); craftable hobbies such as knitting, sewing, woodworking, bread making, car restoration, etc. that become items your sim can then use/sell in-game as clothing/furniture/food/etc. I want apartments/SROs/duplexes/etc. I want better body shapes for muscular/normal/slim/fat than is possible with just sliders alone; each type should have its own bodymorph with its own sliders. I want to be able to DISABLE THE F-IN' CARPOOL when my sim owns its own transportation whether that be a car, bicycle, teleporter, what-have-you.

While I appreciate the idea of no rabbit holes, those of you who beta tested and/or played The Sims Online should remember the grind of the work mini-games. I want less level-up grind. I want sims that are happy to be in their low level jobs and not always wanting more stuff. They need to bring back all the Sims2 baby and interactions and give them more "life".

I'd like to be able to set specific areas of my town to things like downtown/rich/middle class/poor/etc and have the npc sims in those areas act appropriately. I'd like to be able to have homes above shops, and multiple businesses in one building.

I want to be able to edit roads/sidewalks/lots in my game and dynamically "grow" (or shrink even) my city as new EPs/CC/SPs are added, or as the story I have about that world changes.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Instructor
#9 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:45 AM
Nightlife. Dating, Chemistry and all that jazz. I base my play on relationships mostly so anything that relates to family as such.

Open for business. This added so many opportunities in the game that it simply cannot be left out in my opinion.

As for created, I would love to see a farming expansion of some sort. Also maybe a crafting expansion, say for example you could be a carpenter or artisan or some sort (like making furniture in-game rather than buying it).

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Instructor
#10 Old 12th May 2013 at 9:13 AM Last edited by High Plains Gamer : 12th May 2013 at 10:24 AM.
The Sims 2 expansions set the baseline. I really don't think any of the Sims 2 expansions were a waste. In fact, I think that every one of the Sims 2 expansions are essential to the game, and if EA leaves any of them out, the Sims 4 is not complete.

I would not say the same thing about the Sims 3 expansions. Expansions like Ambitions, Generations, Showtime and Supernatural were just a waste of expansion slots. I suspect Future World will also be another waste of an expansion slot. I would trade Open for Business for all five of those expansions. One of the reasons the Sims 3 seems incomplete and half assed is that is is missing an Open for Business, an Apartment Life and a Freetime. It's really a shame that half of the EPs for the Sims 3 were pure garbage.

[The only reason World Adventures is not on my shit list is because (1) it formed the basis of much of what followed, and (2) it actually kept me amused until Ambitions came out. That Ambitions was a dog really cannot be attributed to World Adventures. However, I exhausted World Adventures years ago.]

Since EA is leaving the Sims 3 in an unfinished state, I really don't trust them to finish the Sims 4, either. I expect them to pump out a bunch of half assed drivel while leaving out some of the essentials, just as they did with the Sims 3.

Ideally, all of the Sims 2 expansions should be incorporated into the base game. It seems that the whole purpose of going to a new version of the game is to build on what has gone before, and not merely to redo it. Failing that, EA's priority should be to pump out these essential expansions in short order -- like one a month, before they move onto other stuff. I think the reason so many people are pissed about drivel like Showtime and Generations is that EA did those expansions before they got the essentials out of the way. And what is really surprising is that EA seems to be oblivious to the fact that many Sims 3 players are truly pissed off that EA left out a number of essential expansion packs.

I mean, teenage pranks and walking with a cane are higher priorities than running a business and having real stores? Give me a break!

Singers who can't even sing with a band? How stupid can EA's design team be?

Houseboats are a higher priority than apartments? How many of us have ever lived in a houseboat? How many of us have ever lived in an apartment? How clueless are these people?!

Wind chimes as a premium item? Really?!

A greenhouse without a functioning roof? Do these dopes even play the game?

A lame hot air balloon instead of a helicopter? I'm sorry, but the helicopter was one of my favorite items in the Sims 2. It was noisy and obnoxious -- and a blast to play with. To leave it out is just criminal.

Or creating several new supernatual types as a higher priority than giving sims hobbies? Being weird is fine, but after the "must do's" get done. It's just another example of what happens when you let incompetent nitwits run things.

In any case, I am not going to sit back and be nice if they plan on dribbling out two or three expansion packs a year, then after four years leave the Sims 4 in an incomplete state while they move onto the Sims 5. I will buy the Sims 4 once they complete it.

Apparently, the producers at EA think they can hand us a turd, and we will not know that they handed us a turd.
Instructor
#11 Old 12th May 2013 at 10:32 AM
If EA jumps into TS4 without OFB in TS3 it will be a huge waste of all TS3 lines.

Until now I still don't understand World Adventures. Why do I have to pay my hard earned simoleans just to travel to France and not see the Eiffel or Arch of Triumphs?
And why do I have to pay my hard earned money just to have EP that I do not play regularly like WA?
I have to admit I bought WA just to get Build objects like fountains and windows with shutter.

So the EPs I love to have most in TS4 are

1. OFB
I need to play real business, real shopping areas.

2. University that I can go back and forth between college and my home

3. Pets

4. Night Life/Downtown/Late Night (City+Sky buildings+Club Scene)

For SEASONs, I strongly agree that EA should put it in the base game.
Instructor
#12 Old 12th May 2013 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by little bee
Why do I have to pay my hard earned simoleans just to travel to France and not see the Eiffel or Arch of Triumphs?

Because the designers at EA thought you would have more fun exploring a dungeon to retrieve someone's baseball.
Instructor
#13 Old 12th May 2013 at 10:44 AM
The only problem I see with them putting Seasons into the base game is that they may have to leave many important aspects out (I think this was the reason they didn't add it before isn't it?). To be honest I'd rather they made the core-game as best as it can be. Perhaps make the seasons the first EP that way we aren't waiting forever to get it.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Instructor
#14 Old 12th May 2013 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
Because the designers at EA thought you would have more fun exploring a dungeon to retrieve someone's baseball.

LMAO!

I would give WA a light of day if I could "WOOHOO IN THE DUNGEON" . Otherwise....Meh .

Another BIG NO-NO for TS4

No more difficulties in modding, creating CC.
We LOVEEEE TS2 because it was "creators friendly". With tools and tutorials together with base game, that makes community alive and all creative flow.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 12th May 2013 at 11:24 AM
Better priorities with expansions would be nice yes. while world adventures was a fun expansion it was a very poor choice to be the first. The first expansion should focus on adding the most wanted stuff that didnt make it into the base game due to time constraints.

Pets should be an expansion still, since I dont want pets in my game. Annoyed me to no end in sims 1 and 2, didnt get them in sims3.

Something like generations, nightlife, university and stuff are things I expect to be in the base game. I'd rather see them work longer on it and release it with more content than to leave everything to expansions. That way they can get more creative with it instead of repeating old tricks once more.

What I'd like to see done with expansions:

-Magic/supernatural. Its just fun.
-16/18+ expansion featuring things that wouldnt make it past the usual rating such as alcohol, murder and other themes. Nothing too dark but more on par with how far sims medieval went.
-Star Wars expansion. They have the license, might as well use it.
-open for business. Best expansion they made probably.
-Old times expansion. Allows you to start a game in the year 1900 with many objects not available and different clothes available, and more things getting opened up as time progresses, allowing you to see time pass through generations.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 12th May 2013 at 12:22 PM
A full on magic expanison pack with lots of fantasy elements set in a medieval time or morden.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#17 Old 12th May 2013 at 4:59 PM
I agree that weather and some form of pettage should be in the base game of 4. That goes without saying, really...

In terms of expansions, OFB *NEEDS* to come back, without a doubt. Owning your own businesses in an open world? Come on!!
Necessity...

I did enjoy Ambitions, mainly for the interactive jobs it gave, ie Architect, Stylist etc... I enjoyed being a part of my Sim's job in that respect, and if they want to expand on careers in 4 I would like to see more of those types of interactive jobs, albeit different ones...

A proper Vacation expansion. Although I did enjoy World Adventures, it wasn't implemented 100% well. Being able to go on holiday, owning more than one holiday home (if you can), owning your own holiday business (OFB again!), going on tours of your destination, buying souveneirs, PROPER HOTELS and none of this rabbithole crap IP is bringing, etc...

Nightlife/Late Night needs to come back also... it would be nice if we were able to create bars/restaurants etc from the get-go but an LN expansion should then expand on that. If you're going to include bands, make damn sure a singer can perform with them! And we should be allowed to have a band of any size - whether it's just a singer and a guitarist for some acoustic-style music, or a 10-piece ensemble for a big-band feel. Also, more instruments - the standard ones we already have, but how about a saxaphone, trumpet, violin, a proper bass guitar, an electric-acoustic, flute, harp etc.. If you include more, different instruments then you can have different types of bands - orchestral,, rock, jazz, indie, blues, acoustic etc... Maybe have a proper interactive music career (rather than a playing for tips) that has two branches - band or solo. You can go and form your own band with Sim friends, or hold auditions for band-mates, or just let the game generate a band for you. Maybe your Sim can go it alone and be a solo saxaphonist on a corner as its entry level on the solo branch (anyone else remember the saxaphone guy from Sims 1 Unleashed in Old Town? I loved that guy!) Just some garbled ideas if anyone can make sense of what I just said, lol...

I also enjoyed the Supernatural expansion for a time, until I got bored. My personal reason I got bored? Because the occults were boring. If you're going to include occults in 4, make them OCCULTS!! The werewolves in Supernatural were humanoid dogs - end of. Smacking them on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper? Playing fetch?! This is a WEREWOLF!! Please! Make your occults - ghosts as well - something special, unique, mythological; maybe even a bit scary. Make them something you'd want to seek out (cos it's cool!) but also something to fear...

In conclusion, don't give different expansions to two different teams (ie Salt Lake and Redwood Shores)! The team who worked on the base game, should work on every expansion too. Don't spread your workers thin, so you can cover more bases. That produces lackluster expansions, with half-hearted content and crappy gameplay. Expansions are not properly meshed with either the base game or each other! If you insist on having two teams, then they need to liaise with each other a whole lot better, and make sure that every expansion is fully integrated with each other, and base game.

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#18 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:25 PM
Supernatural was indeed a disappointment. I did quite like the content and figured it would be great, but as has been said it was too tame.

Wherewolves never worked for me by the way, they cant transform. they want to do it, but it cancels before they can do it. I had to disable full moons or they'd be unable to do anything during those nights since they cancel it to transform which they cant.

But yes, supernaturtals should be scary. not some lame twilight garbage vampires, but real vampires that bite people against their will, cant stand the sunlight and who other sims can kill by putting a stake through their heart.

Zombies could rise from the graves, not with full moon but through a spell. They'd turn other sims and it should be a real plague. they should not interact much or do much aside trying to turn others as they shamble along, unable to use most objects untill cured or killed.

Wherewolves should turn feral if they cant controll it yet, attacking anyone but only occasionly biting so that not always someone turns.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:44 PM
My choices are:
1. Seasons
2. Nightlife/Late Night
3. Pets
4. Open For Business
5. University
6. Makin' Magic/Supernatural
7. Bon Voyage/World Adventures
8. Superstar/Showtime
And of course I would love to see new EP themes we've never seen before.
Scholar
#20 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
Supernatural was indeed a disappointment. I did quite like the content and figured it would be great, but as has been said it was too tame.

I agree with you there, but I think you should be able to control how tough (or not) your occults are, as well.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#21 Old 12th May 2013 at 8:06 PM
It would really, really surprise me if Pets or Seasons would be included in the base game, for two reasons:

- That would be two EP's that EA can milk it's customer base for, since those are the two packs guarenteed to be the most wanted.

- It's something that the customer base seems to actually want. EA's track record lately does not seem to take things like this into consideration. Even if the recent shakeups help to turn that around, the first reason will be the most likely thing to appease the stockholders, whose main concern is profits, after all.

I predict some version of Late Night will return. I wouldn't mind a version of Showtime, but ONLY if it's features were better integrated in to game as a whole (singers can join bands, for example) and NO simport, as I disagree with the concept of "unlocking" content that I have paid for. I should be able to use all that content from the beginning. Supernatural/Makin' Magic would be more than welcome to return as well.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th May 2013 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by little bee

Another BIG NO-NO for TS4

No more difficulties in modding, creating CC.
We LOVEEEE TS2 because it was "creators friendly". With tools and tutorials together with base game, that makes community alive and all creative flow.

TS2 was only ever shipped with Bodyshop, and had Homecrafter (which for a lot of people didn't work properly) as a separate download.

No meshing tools, no tools for creating items, and no tools for modding. SimPE and all the other tools are purely made by frustrated simmers who wanted to be abe to mod the game, and made it "creator friendly". Most of the tutorials were also made by players.

But I do agree with the more creator friendly approach. By now the TS4 team must have realized we want to be able to expand the game on our own. They sort of had the right idea in TS3 with more handy tools and patterns, but they're still a bit far off.

As for expansions...
Seasons is nice enough, but it can be a bit heavy for the computer. I would like to see this as a part of the basegame. Same with Pets.

I would also like a more refined version of the aspirations pack. The ability (and choice!) to go to work along with the sim, together with a bit more realistic setting. I was really happy for the doctor career in TS3, but was hugely disappointed when it once again was blah. A somewhat working hospital with beds and all would be nice. Doing nurse-type tasks and doctor-type task, along with sims who are sick - would make it a whole lot more interesting. Maybe even broken legs/arms with crutches, wheelchairs, and you name it. Could be combined with Open for Business so one career is to run a shop (or some sort).

Free-time & generations in one big pack - yes to all kinds of sports, generation activities, day care, scouts (where you can join in/find things/whatever scouts do), ballerina, you name it. Perhaps activities for teens and children where they can earn money, such as babysitting, or coing chores.

Babies and toddlers - more for them. Especially babies. I want babies as fully functioning sims this time. No more "babies as objects". I want them to be able to learn to crawl. I want playpens, walkers (for toddlers?), more toys, sand box, rattles for the infants, CAS-able infants with optional clothes and other CAS items for them. The baby toys from TS2, baby swings, car seats, cradle with animation, strollers, prams and you name it. Preferably some of it in the base game.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 12th May 2013 at 9:36 PM
There is one expansion pack that I know they are going to remake, seasons as it is the most popluar expansion pack and if they do not they will due to popluar demand.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th May 2013 at 9:53 PM
It's already clear what the Sims needs, but the only think I really want is Amusement Park. Not a requirement, no, but it'd be nice.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Inventor
#25 Old 12th May 2013 at 10:01 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 13th May 2013 at 4:06 AM.
Farming/Gardening Expansion Pack.
Page 1 of 3