Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:12 PM
Haha! Ahh well. Which beach?

Just Call me Square!
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
Haha! Ahh well. Which beach?

Manningtree. It's not as nice a beach as Frinton or Clacton, but it's only a few minutes drive from my house. There's a lot of swans...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 12:39 PM
Haha swans! They weren't a pest, right?

Is it stony or sandy there, jus wondering....

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#29 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 4:40 PM
It was mostly sandy, but wonder out too far and you find yourself in mud glorious mud
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 5:31 PM
O rite! I'm going to the beach later!!!!! Can't wait to see it!

(BTW Im on holiday, not that fergus needs to know that, just for random people in da distant future..

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#31 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 7:11 PM
Wow! We've had an absolute scorcher of a day here in Essex, with temperatures climbing right into the mid 30s(c)! I spent the day at the beach and got my back considerably burnt after I fell asleep...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 8:23 AM
Out in Portugal, however it's a lot more moderate, and stays in the early mid 20s from morning to sunset

The beach is lovely though..

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#33 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 3:27 PM
I can imagine that the beaches would be very lovely, were there very many people at the beach out there?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 5:28 PM
Yeah, twas chocoblock, we were a bit further back - Foz due Lizandro. Its where the lizandro river meets the Atlantic, so I was building my Utopia in the sand bye the river, rather than at the seafront (didn't have to worry so much about crouds and waves destroying it anyway! It was Friday mid afternoon anyway, rather than early evening Wednesday the previous time...

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#35 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 6:32 PM
Did many of them appear to be tourists? But isn't watching the Utopia being washed away by the sea part of the fun of building them. Me and a friend like to build whole town with streets of houses and buildings. The destructive side of me love watching whole streets get eaten by the sea. Sometimes we build protective wall and moats around them so that the water level is higher. The destructive force is a lot greater on the buildings when the sea finally bursts through the walls. It's also funny watching the sea eat away at the sand below mountains made of sand with houses/castles on them. Sometimes we even make tunnels into the hills and hollow out the centres so the ground opens up, swallowing the houses/castles whole.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 10:54 PM
Haha, no, we're on the best surfing coast in Europe, they'd get destroyed like a click of the finger ad thumb.

And no, there was quite a few locals actually, like 60%+

And I love doing all the sea walls and stuff, but here, they wouldn't get the chance to prove their worth, this isn't the algarve!

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#37 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 11:59 AM
So it's not just Brits that flock to the beach? Maybe it's not just mad dogs and Englishmen that go out in the midday sun then.
Well I'm sure you'll get the chance at Clacton.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 8:43 PM
Hah yeah, and no, it wasnt midday, it was mid-afternoon, like 4,5. We went at 4 today and left at 6:30, it was packed! And ypthe fact the riverhad flooded slightly didn't help matters.. My city in the sand was drowned, but I made a hot tub! (Or warm tub to be more precise) but I leave Saturday morning, then after a week at home, off up the A12 past Colchester... hopefully we will visit frinton! I love its sandy beach, and how its so big... (Although a visit to Clacton factory outlet wouldn't be minded...Cheap Clothes from JD <3_<3

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#39 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 9:11 PM
Lol, "warm tub". Me and some friends made one the other day down at Frinton. It got overrun by small children.... But we then walked up to the town to get icecreams, on the way we went past my dream house in frinton, which is currently For Sale :lovestruc: If I ever win enough on the lottery and its still for sale in this condition, I'll buy it and have it as my "summer house", lol.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 11:08 PM
I'm in love its like one of those houses you see on relocation relocation or move to the country. My nan has this house that she would have bought with my grandad's redundancy money, in Clacton, its on a corner with a side street, on a road going down to the beach (the one that you can get into the recreation ground from) its a shame its being extended really, but hopefully it won't lose its charm...
OK, you're 18 right, let's do our lucky lottery ticket together... If we win, I get 25% of the dish, OK?

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#41 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 12:00 PM
Nope! I'm only 17, I'm not 18 for another couple of weeks. I'm the youngest out of my group of friends. I have to rely on the older kids to buy me booze
But seriously, it depends on how much we win. There's a house on the way to Frinton that stole my heart before the house on Second Avenue, and it's in desperate need of saviour, I want to be its knight in shining armour before it's too late, so obviously I'm gonna need more that the asking price of the house on second avenue. Just look at her, she may not be overly grand, but she's special nonetheless.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 11:04 PM
Awrr, f!ck that then.

It looks amazing, keep it slightly run-downish, but bring it up slightly to its former glory. (That's if we win the lottery, that is...) Its won a slice of my heart as well, but I just need that 25% if I get it... So do you want to be a superhero or go the easy path?

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#43 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 12:47 PM
Anyway, moving back to the British summer. It's not very warm outside at the moment. It certainly isn't feeling much like summer again.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 10:00 AM
Ikr…
Hopefully it will be sunny in north Essex from Monday to Thursday, if you know what I mean.

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#45 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 9:24 PM
Lol, we'll have to do some kind of sunny weather dance, or an Anti-Rain dance.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:06 AM
Haha yeah.

I heard that Clacton beach was closed off, because my cousin went there, and you couldn't go down from the seawall...
This is my last post most likely, until I come back, although I might brave blackberry's browser to post.

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#47 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 11:35 AM
Really? I wonder what happened. Normally it's just people getting shot and Victorian semi-detached houses spontaneously exploding.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 3:29 PM
Ooo? Well its open now, I guess the beach must have been thin on stones... Spontaneous combusting semis? The only thing that's comusted in th last frw years back home was a waitrose, in like? 2008? Anyway Its been Glorious! I've spent 3 hours ar the beach with my nan, bros, mum and cousins. Tomorrow were either going to frinton or to Clacton Factory Outlet, which we drove past blindly trying to get to morrisons...

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#49 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 11:20 AM
I was just at Frinton beach yesterday, for my 18th birthday party, we then when back to my house in the afternoon, on the beach we were on there was a guy revealing a lot more than any of us really wanted to see, all for the sake of a tan, and it was in front of his kids too. Our frisbee had a habbit of being drawn over to him too. A full moon was seen everytime...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:25 PM
Ok, the British Summer has made its unspectacular return!

Oh and Happy Birthday!
Yeah, we haven't ventured out the house today… Or caravan to be precise. Been really dull.

And what was he precisely revealing? And full moons?

Just Call me Square!

Page 2 of 3